Bedwetting and diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i hve diabetes 2, sleep apnea and overweight, and take metformin, and majorly visually impaired, so because of all the somewhat minor bladder issues, like bedwetting occasionally and during the day, dribblingand frequency and also not noticing urge untill a few mins before i wet myself, or it goes away and comes back harder which usually garuntees a wet diaper also. I have been wearing 24/7 for the past few yers. It just makes my life a lot easier. Also suffer sometimes from kidney stones, which sucks and so will increase my water consumption thus making me pee way more than I are lady do and than needing more diapers a day. Also this week have had what i think are two diaper Messina’s that i think were related to metformin and food combo. But on the whole my a1c was down last time i knew. We shall see what it will be in February.

I have friends and family members on Metformin. I have been looking into treatments that work and Dr. McDougall has several lectures on diabetes. He has extensive research on Type II diabetes. He states that Metformin is the safest oral medication to treat type 2 and that he occasionally prescribes it to his patients but doesn't recommend anything else besides insulin for some patients. I know this is a serious issue but it is hard to follow a doctor's advice when the diapers are so comfortable and less needed when everything is under control through medical intervention.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Fascinating said:
I have friends and family members on Metformin. I have been looking into treatments that work and Dr. McDougall has several lectures on diabetes. He has extensive research on Type II diabetes. He states that Metformin is the safest oral medication to treat type 2 and that he occasionally prescribes it to his patients but doesn't recommend anything else besides insulin for some patients. I know this is a serious issue but it is hard to follow a doctor's advice when the diapers are so comfortable and less needed when everything is under control through medical intervention.

We still love you either way oral agents or shooting up & you might have noticed this tends to be a diapers must be an option area , no matter how you control the diabetes theres two ways to control bladders diapers and corks , I don't reccomend the cork method , especially because once corked a bung whole must be installed .

Now on the serious side are you struggling to decide treatment of the diabetes, and who is this doctor yours or somebody on the internet ? Because doctors on the internet don't know you, all of you that's very important doctors are consultants , the decision is ultimately yours but why see a doctor for advice if your not going to take it ? Doctors are something we can not really be independent objective observers we are very much blind to ourselves ( I was a paramedic / firefighter/nurse , yet when I was having a stroke I missed or ignored the warning signs that i am trained to observe In others , we are our own worst enemies ) . So a relationship with a competent physician is worth all the money in the world ( just don't let on , billing office will bill you for all that money, LOL).
One thing I can tell you from experience if you go to oral you can always step it up to insulin but seldom if ever do people go from insulin to oral, so you can try going conservative to oral if your a type II and have no ketones at diagnosis , if you have ketones they usually put you on insulin straight away. If you want to know something about diabetes feel free to ask I have had it since '96 , i took a drug to try and help my sleep disorder back then the drug was brand new , big pharma told the FDA only what they wanted them to know to get approved , the adverse effects they concealed were heart attacks diabetes and death but until millions of us were hurt they denied anything of the sort , it took 8mpeople from within the company to blow the whistle and provide evidence since the earliest days in the lab they new about this and so they inconveient facts were omitted in order to get a pile of cash that was showered on the drug by happles guinea pigs who took it and paid with there health and future .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
We still love you either way oral agents or shooting up & you might have noticed this tends to be a diapers must be an option area , no matter how you control the diabetes theres two ways to control bladders diapers and corks , I don't reccomend the cork method , especially because once corked a bung whole must be installed .

Now on the serious side are you struggling to decide treatment of the diabetes, and who is this doctor yours or somebody on the internet ? Because doctors on the internet don't know you, all of you that's very important doctors are consultants , the decision is ultimately yours but why see a doctor for advice if your not going to take it ? Doctors are something we can not really be independent objective observers we are very much blind to ourselves ( I was a paramedic / firefighter/nurse , yet when I was having a stroke I missed or ignored the warning signs that i am trained to observe In others , we are our own worst enemies ) . So a relationship with a competent physician is worth all the money in the world ( just don't let on , billing office will bill you for all that money, LOL).
One thing I can tell you from experience if you go to oral you can always step it up to insulin but seldom if ever do people go from insulin to oral, so you can try going conservative to oral if your a type II and have no ketones at diagnosis , if you have ketones they usually put you on insulin straight away. If you want to know something about diabetes feel free to ask I have had it since '96 , i took a drug to try and help my sleep disorder back then the drug was brand new , big pharma told the FDA only what they wanted them to know to get approved , the adverse effects they concealed were heart attacks diabetes and death but until millions of us were hurt they denied anything of the sort , it took 8mpeople from within the company to blow the whistle and provide evidence since the earliest days in the lab they new about this and so they inconveient facts were omitted in order to get a pile of cash that was showered on the drug by happles guinea pigs who took it and paid with there health and future .

I think my biggest concern is what to cook that won't put someone I love in danger. My ABDL personality wants to see chubby people but the study of the disease shows obesity is a major risk factor and weight loss could be part of a solution but how do I look into the future and imagine a person any less voluptuous than they are today? I wish I could just forget all about it and it would go away. What is this drug you speak of? Maybe that is a common denominator. Does a non ABDL have less need for protection as their health improves? What kind of incentive is that to feed people healthy meals?

ST50 said:
Anyone find their diabetic medication makes their bladder problems worse.? I take Jardience to supplement the metformin which keeps my sugars in check but does make me pee much more.

I do, I think that's what's aggravated my urge incontinence. It only really seems to be bad for about the first 4-6 hours of the day.

Brsilva said:
I do, I think that's what's aggravated my urge incontinence. It only really seems to be bad for about the first 4-6 hours of the day.
I am switching to victosa soon so it will be interesting to see what happens.

My doctor just switched me over to Victoza today. Won't be able to pick it up for a few days. Hope this helps me out some.

Fascinating said:
I think my biggest concern is what to cook that won't put someone I love in danger. My ABDL personality wants to see chubby people but the study of the disease shows obesity is a major risk factor and weight loss could be part of a solution but how do I look into the future and imagine a person any less voluptuous than they are today? I wish I could just forget all about it and it would go away. What is this drug you speak of? Maybe that is a common denominator. Does a non ABDL have less need for protection as their health improves? What kind of incentive is that to feed people healthy meals?

The biggest tricks to cutting down and eating healthy ,lower the glycemic load with whole wheat , you can in many cases double the portion size you eat by switching from regular pasta to whole wheat pasta ,switching to brown rice instead of the polished white rice( brown rice just mean the bran is left on intact) of course vegetables should be plentifull , its best to stir fry,bake, or steam them , baking is particularly good with cauliflower sprinkle it with Italian seasoning or Italian dressing as it bakes .

Incorporate a lot of cinnamon into your diet it helps very much in blood sugar regulation ( no this doesn't mean have Cinn a Bon for desert and call it done) there's not as much direct evidence for the other sweet spices like nutmeg, ginger but they can realy kick flavors up .

I am a natural chilli head so I do allot different chillies and cinnamon, ginger combinations ,Mexican and oriental spice palates can be delicious and they are some of the longest living healthiest people on earth .

Many people with diabetes detest Splenda or Stevia( never mind the saccharin crap) it sounds weird but the natural sweetener compromise takes a little getting used to but using real natural maple syrup can safely be used ( all other natural sweetners be they honey or anything else still break down to be sugar in the body ) using maple syrup and cinnamon in oatmeal for breakfast is awesome , sweetening coffee with it is also good , you can also add things like vanilla to jazz things up ( I cook the alcohol out but bourbon can be nice also,matured bourbon has notes of vanilla and cinnamon and caramel among the many natural flavors it gets from the cask wood) and if you ever wonder what do we do with those barrels ? Eventually they get auctioned and go across the pond and Scotch is aged in them as well as balsamic vinegar [emoji177], sometimes they go to to make vinegar before scotch but that just add complexities of flavor & all barrels or casks start here in the US because we are the only country with the trees growing naturally,so thank the American oak for all these complex flavors. I even dust things like chicken breast when I bake them with cinnamon and other spices, it adds to many foods flavor and if you buy in restauraunt supply places it's very affordable to incorporate into your cooking , and don't be afraid to use herbs and spices they are carb and calorie free and pack lots of flavor to jazz food up .

Yogurt and fermented foods ( sauerkraut, kim che , fermented soybean paste) are very healthy for you ,as are things like nuts and nutbutters( if its processed like peanut butter in the grocery store its pumped up on sugar and they take the healthy nut oil out and give you junk oil , so get the natural stuff from a health food store or better yet grind your own ) .

So does that give you any ideas ? Now warning tomatoes are fruits and pack alot of natural sugar & onions ( God do I love onions) count towards carbs.one of my staple street foods growing up was a fried potato knish stuffed with mustard and onions , I now just put mustard on my arm and lick it well dreaming, because potatoes & onions better hang a bucket of insulin up because that is carb town heaven and part of the subway to flavor town that must not be used .

Brsilva said:
My doctor just switched me over to Victoza today. Won't be able to pick it up for a few days. Hope this helps me out some.
I have never used Victoza but let us know how it does when you start using it? And how you sugars are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back