College Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMozart

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Any fellow college football fans out there? I absolutely love college football. My favorite team is the Washington Huskies, so I'm super excited to see them take on the Penn State Nittany Lions in the Fiesta Bowl in a few weeks! GO DAWGS!

As for the College Football Playoff, my prediction is Georgia defeating Clemson in the national championship game. I'd be interested to hear other thoughts.

I love college football, my team is Michigan but we kinda had an off year after we lost 11 players to the draft alone from last season. Go Blue!

It depends on if Alabama can get some linebackers healthy again.

My team is the Florida Gators. They didn't do so well this year. Being that I lived in WI a few years, I happened to notice them doing a bit better than the local teams but I am hoping they crash and burn. Maybe that I don't wish them any luck would be more appropriate. I also follow TN and OH teams a little and OH seems to be doing a bit better than TN.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I was a Washington State Cougars fan while I was there as a student. Following graduation, not so much. I have to feel a connection to the players in order to have a single drop of spirit, which is why pro sports fandom is so hard for me. Those guys are just rotating employees from who-knows-where. Yawn.

My last year at WSU was the year that produced Ryan Leaf, the famous NFL flunker-outer. But while he was at WSU, things were pretty darned good.

I live in Knoxville Tennessee so my town is saturated with Vol fans. The city literally lives and breathes by how our football team does. So as you can imagine with the season we have had the city has been in quite disarray LOL

Two of my kids went to Virginia Tech getting both their undergraduate degrees plus their Masters from Tech, so I root for Virginia Tech. Both of our boys played high school football and we're all big fans of football. Today, the Washington Post had a list of all the bowl games in order of importance and prestige. Tech's was listed as #7 out of the 39 bowls which is great except they have to play Oklahoma State, a team which has the number 1 passing offense in the nation. This doesn't bode well for Tech which has a marginal, first year quarterback. Tech has a great defense under Bud Foster. My son is a high school football coach and has talked to Bud Foster a number of times concerning players Tech is/was interested in. Way cool!

Oregon Ducks since my brother took me to my first college game in 1976. I have seen them go through the good times and the bad. I root for two teams every week during the season the ducks and who ever is playing the Dawgs!!!!!

Now I am a WSU dad, but I still root for the ducks first and Cougs second.

I'm a Florida Gator. My whole family is southern so naturally we are bat shit crazy college football fans. I used to be way more into it than I am now. UF usually has the talent, but not the discipline and drive. This year was one of the worst ever. In lieu of the gators winning, I usually root for anybody in the SEC against outside competition except Tennessee and Alabama. Not a fan of either. I hope Georgia wins it all this year.

Ravensteel said:
I live in Knoxville Tennessee so my town is saturated with Vol fans. The city literally lives and breathes by how our football team does. So as you can imagine with the season we have had the city has been in quite disarray LOL
I try to follow TN teams as I am in TN half the time. I think TN played AZ today but I am working so didn't catch the score. Also I am so bad at figuring out the teams because if the TV just says TN how do I know if it is the Vols or the Titans and which team is college and are both foing lousy this year? I really haven't heard anything good about either.

Spaz said:
I'm a Florida Gator. My whole family is southern so naturally we are bat shit crazy college football fans. I used to be way more into it than I am now. UF usually has the talent, but not the discipline and drive. This year was one of the worst ever. In lieu of the gators winning, I usually root for anybody in the SEC against outside competition except Tennessee and Alabama. Not a fan of either. I hope Georgia wins it all this year.
Yay! Go Gators! Hopefully next year is way better. Remember back when they one the Rose bowl? That was an awesome day I will never forget.

The two universities I went to don't have much in the way of nationally recognized teams. So I go with the home state of my relatives: Michigan! Go Blue!

I am an graduate from UGA! I am so excited for this year! I don’t care if we go any further in the playoffs! I’m just proud of my DAWGS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scaramouche said:
The two universities I went to don't have much in the way of nationally recognized teams. So I go with the home state of my relatives: Michigan! Go Blue!

Great choice!!! Go Blue!!!

Spaz said:

You would be. Being from Jax I should know enough to say, Go FSU!

Slomo said:
You would be. Being from Jax I should know enough to say, Go FSU!

Don't even get me started on last year's bowl game... a one point loss and our best player was out. I get so much crap for that. lol.

egor said:
Oregon Ducks since my brother took me to my first college game in 1976. I have seen them go through the good times and the bad. I root for two teams every week during the season the ducks and who ever is playing the Dawgs!!!!!

Now I am a WSU dad, but I still root for the ducks first and Cougs second.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping we could be friends. ;) Go Dawgs.

BabyMozart said:

HA, anyone but Oregon. Go Dawgs. Been a uw fan since the early 90's. The 91 Rose bowl is one of my earliest memories. It's nice to see them back on top.

Fascinating said:
My team is the Florida Gators. They didn't do so well this year. Being that I lived in WI a few years, I happened to notice them doing a bit better than the local teams but I am hoping they crash and burn. Maybe that I don't wish them any luck would be more appropriate. I also follow TN and OH teams a little and OH seems to be doing a bit better than TN.

I'm a UF fan too...currently attending. They were garbage this year. Around campus people quit caring after the Michigan game it seems like. I was glad to see McElwain get canned.

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:
I was a Washington State Cougars fan while I was there as a student. Following graduation, not so much. I have to feel a connection to the players in order to have a single drop of spirit, which is why pro sports fandom is so hard for me. Those guys are just rotating employees from who-knows-where. Yawn.

My last year at WSU was the year that produced Ryan Leaf, the famous NFL flunker-outer. But while he was at WSU, things were pretty darned good.

Guy was a savage. Dude was God in Montana about that time too. Personally, I liked him better later on when he was half-crazy and addicted to painkillers.

BabyMozart said:

After yesterdays bowl game. Its going to be a long year until next fall to see if the ducks can even play ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back