Babyfood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick24798

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
There's a question burning on my mind for so long; what's babyfood Taste like?. I'm talking mainly about the blended babyfood in ajar. Is it okay for my stomach?. I'm curious to try some

Yeh, it will be okay on the stomach, from adults who have tried it you have to be careful on the flavour you choose apparently, as some will be disgusting from what been told.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Disgusting is an accurate description, I've never found a nice one.

Well the best way I can explain it is bland. The fruits tend to be pretty yummy but all of the other foods are made by steaming the meats and vegetables in water till they are basically falling apart and then blended together with no spices or flavorings at all.
I prefer to (when I'm in the mood for puree) make it myself. Even when you do this be careful because some foods really don't go well together. Chicken soup type stuff is good but spaghetti is HORRIBLE!!! Things that are breaded are not that great but figure anything without acid that is eaten together is pretty good. As for consistency try to match up what you are eating. Nearly any savory dish can be thinned out with chicken broth. Of course beef broth with beef. Vegetable broth or milk with fish, really this is the only thing I use vegetable broth for but that's more a personal preference. Any fruits you can add either apple juice or white grape juice.
I also make cereal by putting oatmeal or instant rice in a bullet blender while it is still raw and then make it however it directs you to. It's also a bit cheaper this way. Enough baby food to fill or even satisfy an adult would be VERY expensive especially if you tell yourself your going to eat it full time even if it's just for a week.
As for baby snacks cereal puffs and banana cookies by Gerber are ok but the crunchers are really good and the yogurt drops are AMAZING.
Go ahead and give baby food and snacks a try, its worth at least a shot, you may like it.

LittleAndrea said:
Well the best way I can explain it is bland. The fruits tend to be pretty yummy but all of the other foods are made by steaming the meats and vegetables in water till they are basically falling apart and then blended together with no spices or flavorings at all.
I prefer to (when I'm in the mood for puree) make it myself. Even when you do this be careful because some foods really don't go well together. Chicken soup type stuff is good but spaghetti is HORRIBLE!!! Things that are breaded are not that great but figure anything without acid that is eaten together is pretty good. As for consistency try to match up what you are eating. Nearly any savory dish can be thinned out with chicken broth. Of course beef broth with beef. Vegetable broth or milk with fish, really this is the only thing I use vegetable broth for but that's more a personal preference. Any fruits you can add either apple juice or white grape juice.
I also make cereal by putting oatmeal or instant rice in a bullet blender while it is still raw and then make it however it directs you to. It's also a bit cheaper this way. Enough baby food to fill or even satisfy an adult would be VERY expensive especially if you tell yourself your going to eat it full time even if it's just for a week.
As for baby snacks cereal puffs and banana cookies by Gerber are ok but the crunchers are really good and the yogurt drops are AMAZING.
Go ahead and give baby food and snacks a try, its worth at least a shot, you may like it.

Hi I love the baby apple sauce so much and yes all the other baby food looks gross. I don’t like the bananas though those are just gross. I have always wanted to try green beans too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

from the reaction of most babies ive seen, it must taste awful!

I can handle fruits and desserts, but nothing else. Years ago, my nanny tried to feed me some beef and macaroni and I actually threw up. I imagine 'real' babies only eat baby food because they've never been fed anything else.

I personally love baby food! Some flavors at least. :smile1: The fruit ones are great! No worries about your stomach. Worst case scenario is that it tastes bad.

BabyMozart said:
I personally love baby food! Some flavors at least. :smile1: The fruit ones are great! No worries about your stomach. Worst case scenario is that it tastes bad.

So it’s Ok to eat it on a regular basis?

sweetie said:
So it’s Ok to eat it on a regular basis?

What do you mean...on a regular basis?

I would not eat baby food ONLY. I would think doing that would not give you enough of the right kind of nutrients for an adult.

On the other hand, if you mean one or two jars a day along with regular meals, I don't think there would be any problems.

Yes I meant with other food

Once a day

Yes, once a day would be just fine. I'm not aware of any adverse health effects to eating baby food.

Since my tummy has been a little upset lately and since I have been thinking about purees since last night I decided to go ahead and make a semi-pureed dinner. I thought I would share it with everyone. Here is is and how I made it:

20171206_182336.jpg

Upper right is 1 (1/2 cup) container peas and carrots (there were WAY more peas than carrots, just the way I like it), I get the ones by Libby's, it was thrown in the bullet blender drained at first and I added about 1/2 the liquid back to thin it out a bit, if you like it thicker either use less of the liquid or none at all and leave it more like a mash.

The main dish in the center is 1 piece of grocery store fried chicken. I only pulsed this to take out any big chucks so you could still taste the chicken and the breading separately because if you really puree breaded foods the breading takes over and it just tastes like a salty mess.

In the upper left was dessert. 1 (1/2 cup) container of pineapple cottage cheese, I highly recommend this one! I didn't have to add anything to this, just threw it into the bullet blender as is and it came out tasting just like a pineapple cheesecake but it's JUST low fat cottage cheese and pineapple. I get the single serve containers from Breakstone but just adding a couple of tbs of crushed pineapple to 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese and blending would probably work the same way.

Also in case anyone was wondering the plate is Finding Dory and the spoon is from a Minnie Mouse set (I can't always match everything) and my Nuk trainer cup which is nearly always at my side. This is my juice one, I have a separate 10oz one for milk that stays in the fridge until bedtime or when I first wake up, that one is Minnie mouse, I also have one I use specifically for orange juice because of the acid that is a much smaller 5oz Winnie the pooh one. My sippy is filled with 8 oz gatorade and filled the rest of the way to the top with water, this is my version of pedialyte due to stomach issues.

Just thought some of you might like an example of home made AB food.

In short baby food is what people with broken jaws typically eat as the jaw is normally wired shut for several weeks. They are also regulated to a liquid diet. I see no adverse side effects as long as you continue to get your daily nutrition and amount of food for your body.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I tried some on a whim once.... never again!

As many people have stated, actual baby food, the main-course, vegetable/protein based, mushy stuff for actual babies is absolutely ghastly. There's something about the sheer amount of nutrients and extra iron in it that makes it taste off and if it doesn't taste off, it tastes unremittingly bland.

I've heard that the fruit based purees marketed as baby food are actually quite scrumptious, but I have yet to pick some up. Every time I go down the baby aisle at my local grocery stores and I pass the stuff, I get flashbacks to how bad it was when I tried it last.

When I regress and want to have a baby snack or feel as though I'm eating or being fed baby food, I usually just go with apple sauce or some yogurt, same consistency, but much more delicious :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back