Crinklz and BetterDry In-Stock at NorthShore with Free Shipping through 12/31/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArchtopK said:
" if you look closely at a Crinklz, you'll see they also say BetterDry " Hmmm.

Crinklz and BetterDry are made by the same company, Thrust Vector. The crinklz is just a betterdry with additional print on the shell and of course in a different bag. They are functionally identical.

Got around to trying Crinklz; thought I'd do a mini review.

They are a touch thin, but not as thin as I expected from others' reviews. They're also very heavy for their size. They swell more than any other diaper I've tried, it's very fun! Great absorbency, literally can't get them to leak before the smell of wearing too long is overwhelming, usually 16 or more hours, although the leg cuffs were getting rather wet at that point. It did not clump and break apart at all for me. The size does run a bit small, but it still fits me well, 34" waist.

The downsides would be: the plastic shell is kind of thin, and if you run your finger down the back center you can tell that it wouldn't take a lot of force to poke through it. The tapes are really bad at sticking. I tried staples like I do on other brands, and that caused the shell to start splitting on the front after a while. I have to use clear box tape to hold the diaper on nice and snug with a good seal around the legs. The wicking isn't phenomenal so even when I had exhausted the diaper, it still hadn't soaked up the back much.

But by far the biggest downside of all: the ink on the all-over print transfers off onto bed sheets. I noticed the artwork on the back was significantly faded after sleeping in one, and my bedsheet was a touch darker than the night before. I move around a lot in bed, and my room's about 75f, but no other printed brand does this. Gonna have to wear the rest with plastic pants, which in general I don't like wearing much.

goten said:
Got around to trying Crinklz; thought I'd do a mini review.

They are a touch thin, but not as thin as I expected from others' reviews. They're also very heavy for their size. They swell more than any other diaper I've tried, it's very fun! Great absorbency, literally can't get them to leak before the smell of wearing too long is overwhelming, usually 16 or more hours, although the leg cuffs were getting rather wet at that point. It did not clump and break apart at all for me. The size does run a bit small, but it still fits me well, 34" waist.

The downsides would be: the plastic shell is kind of thin, and if you run your finger down the back center you can tell that it wouldn't take a lot of force to poke through it. The tapes are really bad at sticking. I tried staples like I do on other brands, and that caused the shell to start splitting on the front after a while. I have to use clear box tape to hold the diaper on nice and snug with a good seal around the legs. The wicking isn't phenomenal so even when I had exhausted the diaper, it still hadn't soaked up the back much.

But by far the biggest downside of all: the ink on the all-over print transfers off onto bed sheets. I noticed the artwork on the back was significantly faded after sleeping in one, and my bedsheet was a touch darker than the night before. I move around a lot in bed, and my room's about 75f, but no other printed brand does this. Gonna have to wear the rest with plastic pants, which in general I don't like wearing much.

Looks like you identified most/all of the distinguishing features. Somewhat thin when dry, heavy with enormous swell (LOTS of fine sap), very soft but thin shell, marginal tapes, and some ink transfer.

They always clump for me during the day, which is also when the tapes pop, and I don't have those issues at night so they're great for overnight for me. I sleep in dark colored sheets so I have never noticed any ink transfer to them, but I also haven't really noticed any fading by morning either. Hard to say how they are printing on them, they've got the highest resolution art of any diaper, by a wide margin, so they may be ink-jetting or something, not using ink that's intended to be as "permanent" as you'd normally get on a diaper shell. (using off-the-shelf-ish or consumer-grade ink maybe?)

They've got a few minor drawbacks, but I think they're a great option to have in my diaper cabinet.

One other thing I notice regarding the tapes.... the white 2nd use tapes are almost worthless, they seem to have half the stick of the blue ones. So I almost never move them.

The code only works with the crinkles and betterdry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Admin from the website sure knows his target audience very well :D

NorthShoreAdam said:
You're very perceptive to find the landing page. You may have a career in digital marketing...:cool:

Currently we're testing two versions and primarily using it only as a landing page for new customers that find us through a google search. You can also find them by searching for ABDL on our site and switching over to the "Information" tab of search results. We don't see the need to add it to the menus as it's really just a landing page that links to products available in the standard product-based categories. We'll see if that changes as we add more unique products.

The two versions we're testing are:
http://www.northshorecare.com/abdl-incontinence-products.html (Standard Category Layout)
http://www.northshorecare.com/abdl (Custom Cartoon-y design)

If you were finding us for the first time from a google search, which one do you think would best make you feel comfortable that this was a site to keep browsing on?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

It's awesome you guys are starting to sell ABDL diapers! More more more! On that note, vote you downplay the ABDL side? I mean, I just think a lot of people don't understand what's going on with it and I'd hate to see you guys lose business because people get weirded out. I could be wrong, I'm no marketing expert. I also vote you don't call them "Adult Baby" diapers in the description for the Crinklz, lol. That in the title feels strangely out of place on your website.

I just got my Crinklz from North Shore and wow, they are amazing. I might have a new favorite. Thanks for having these in your inventory!

PaddedDeist said:
You know, if North Shore could make some of their Supremes with different colors or patterns...

Perhaps even make a thicker version?

Yes, we are working on designing colored briefs and they may have a subtle pattern on them for fashionability. Not likely to be "prints", just a background pattern for texture/fashion. Haven't decided yet if they will be Supreme or Supreme Lite absorbency/thickness...

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
aaaaaaand now after ordering I'm getting bombarded on web pages all over the internet with NorthShore diapers in the "sponsored content" boxes. Forgot about that. always turn on private browsing before going to northshore.com

You can opt out of any advertising by clicking on the triangle in the corner of the ad.

NorthShoreAdam said:
You can opt out of any advertising by clicking on the triangle in the corner of the ad.

Yep, went back and turned it off, again. Lets see how long it lasts this time.

Well my only complaint about crinkles so far is the thinness

I wore one to work today, and when pulling my diaper up into position the back plastic ripped a little.

By time I got off work the tear had progressed down the diaper and I had diaperfuz in my pants.

So yeah not to happy about how thin they are, it makes them feel nicer maybe, but I don't like having to worry about them ripping and leaking so its pretty clear choice to me which one is preferable between a little thicker/louder vs a little thinner/softer.

JoNathan3 said:
Well my only complaint about crinkles so far is the thinness

I wore one to work today, and when pulling my diaper up into position the back plastic ripped a little.

By time I got off work the tear had progressed down the diaper and I had diaperfuz in my pants.

So yeah not to happy about how thin they are, it makes them feel nicer maybe, but I don't like having to worry about them ripping and leaking so its pretty clear choice to me which one is preferable between a little thicker/louder vs a little thinner/softer.

I would have to agree. The Crinklz are pretty thin. At least they're not as thin as the cheap trash that's so common in stores. But I wouldn't want them to go any thinner than they already are. Also, the plastic outer is a bit too delicate, but it is usable. At least they are now readily available at a reasonable price.

The biggest problem I have with them is the tapes. I used to think it was just an issue with the white 2nd use tapes, but I wore a crinklz to work today to celibrate the last day before break, and had to "pull up my pants" quite often because my diaper was slipping down. Got home and looked and the right tape had simply moved about an inch out. (all four tapes were on their first "blue" use) It was still stuck down fairly well, not sure if it creeped or just popped and stuck back down where it stopped. But I can't seem to trust these tapes to stay put during the day. No problems overnight so far.

I was gonna start a thread about this but saw that it was already posted. Pretty neto to see these on the site!
6EF40B76-FA2B-4F17-9E38-227BEE34D8B2.jpg

NorthShoreAdam said:
The two versions we're testing are:
http://www.northshorecare.com/abdl-incontinence-products.html (Standard Category Layout)
http://www.northshorecare.com/abdl (Custom Cartoon-y design)

If you were finding us for the first time from a google search, which one do you think would best make you feel comfortable that this was a site to keep browsing on?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

The cartoon one is really cool, but you may want to hide ab/dl behind an opt in account only function.
http://www.northshorecare.com/media/wysiwyg/_test/abdl/index.html

I see you mentioned it very smoothly here

On side note, stickers and suckers are a really cool thing you can add on AB orders :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back