Bambino Magnifico issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensteel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I finally got my order of Bambino Magnifico in. I have been putting off buying them due to their cost, but I swung on a pack due to the black Friday sale. I was very excited to try them on them, but right away the panel on the left diaper tab broke off when I tried to put one on. This is incredibly disappointing considering the price of the diaper. Has anyone else had any issues with the tabs on the Magnifico?

i ordered a sample they both did that. sorry you spent the bigger money. junk imo

I've very occasionally had this problem, not enough to invalidate the case, but I'm sure if it is a consistent problem they'll send you replacements. I've never had any problems with getting replacements for manufacturing errors, and I believe that's what this is. Like I said, I've had it happen a few times, but not too often. I've actually had a lot more(though larger sample size since I order them regularly) errors with Abena and I've never had trouble getting those replaced when it happens.

I had that problem with a couple of UltraStretch and wrote to them with pictures explaining what happened.

Turns out it is a known fault for what is otherwise an excellent diaper.

I actually got a whole free pack for my troubles.

Last edited:
Mauxx said:
I've very occasionally had this problem, not enough to invalidate the case, but I'm sure if it is a consistent problem they'll send you replacements. I've never had any problems with getting replacements for manufacturing errors, and I believe that's what this is. Like I said, I've had it happen a few times, but not too often. I've actually had a lot more(though larger sample size since I order them regularly) errors with Abena and I've never had trouble getting those replaced when it happens.

so if you contact the company and make a complaint about a defective product, they'll send a replacement, no questions asked? doesn't that mean that you could just lie about receiving a defective product and get free diapers?

Alexia said:
so if you contact the company and make a complaint about a defective product, they'll send a replacement, no questions asked? doesn't that mean that you could just lie about receiving a defective product and get free diapers?

Personally I just sent pictures showing faulty products and kept them in case they wanted them sent but I guessed if I didn’t send pics they might have asked for them.

New products sometimes will have defects. Bambino has been pretty good with people about replacing bad product, give them a call if you need to.

Alexia said:

Technically yes. Though I doubt you'd be able to falsely claim defects all that often, or very many times. The manufactures usually request the manufacturing code/date stamp so they can track down the problem better. If you lie to them, chances are they will figure it out and could flag you as a trouble person, eventually denying you any free replacements.

Haven’t had an issue before but surprisingly, issues with ABU Kiddo the last few orders! Tabs are fused to the sticky pad so rips away from the pad when you try to put on...

Bummer about the tabs breaking. Hopefully just a one-off thing. So far, my only issue with the Magnifico tabs is their tapered shape, which causes then to curl under tension. I'd like to see the next revision go to plain ol' rectangular tabs--like on just about any other diaper.

Cottontail said:
Bummer about the tabs breaking. Hopefully just a one-off thing. So far, my only issue with the Magnifico tabs is their tapered shape, which causes then to curl under tension. I'd like to see the next revision go to plain ol' rectangular tabs--like on just about any other diaper.

That was my issue with the bianco stretch too. Tabs kept trying to curl up on me despite trying to flatten them as much as possible.

Alexia said:

Like the above, I generally send proof of the problem in the form of pictures. I'd also imagine if you do it fairly often they'll probably catch on. I've only had to do it very occasionally, and usually if it's just one or two diapers I don't bother, it's only if it's like the whole pack and I physically can't absorb the loss of product due to my next shipment not being until the next month that I'll actually send in for a replacement.

I am halfway through a case of magnificos and I’m still not convinced. I have had a few tapes tear but it’s normally from me trying get them on snuggly. There over all quality is great but I can’t help think if they changed the individual Velcro tabs with 1 long one each side it wouldn’t tear and more evenly distribute tension making it more comfortable and easier to put on. At the moment I still much prefer abu in particular little paws & lavenders but applaud the effort and innovation by bambino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a pack of ten. So far no issues. The online reviews look great. Is there a better thick diaper out there?

Biggles said:
I am halfway through a case of magnificos and I’m still not convinced. I have had a few tapes tear but it’s normally from me trying get them on snuggly. There over all quality is great but I can’t help think if they changed the individual Velcro tabs with 1 long one each side it wouldn’t tear and more evenly distribute tension making it more comfortable and easier to put on. At the moment I still much prefer abu in particular little paws & lavenders but applaud the effort and innovation by bambino

I've worn quite a few and have yet to have ANY problems with the tapes. I did have one bizarre issue one time where the stretch side ripped away from the back panel... "whelp, no fixing that!"

One thing I've found with both the bambino and the tykables velcro though is that the velcro tabs themselves often develop a bit of a "curl" / cupping after they've been stuck down, as the force from their center / top / bottom isn't even. But I've never had a velcro tape pop on either of them. Can be a minor issue overnight when the wrists run into that and give me a bit of a jab though.

Biggles said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Magnifico is easily my favorite diaper on the market right now. I'm waiting on Tykables to introduce their larger size so I can try that one, but right now it's Magnifico. The price unfortunately holds it back considerably. I would love to make it my every day diaper if they could get it down to like $1.67/diaper.

But I have had this issue happen a few times, in all the cases I've order it's been maybe 5 or 6 diapers that have had the problem where the tearaway side rips just a little too easily. But it's never been enough for me to consider the batch defective so I've never put in a replacement for them. I have had an issue with some Bambino diapers years ago and they didn't give me any problem with replacing them. Nothing but respect for the company really.

No problems yet. That said I have not bought magnificos in over 5 years. It's good to stand up for yourself and demand a refund. A replacement may not solve the problem for a manufacturing issue. I went through something similar with DVD Blu-Ray players. The manufacturer replaced it twice, Same problem.

Took advantage of the black Friday special and ordered a bag of Magnificos and Ultra-stretches. I haven't had an issue with the tabs falling off, but I can't seem to get them to properly stick to the velcro - They'll separate and I'll have to re-stick a few times. Not sure if that warrants a complaint or if I just suck at self diapering lol!

I've since gone through a few more diapers without any issue. I will say when the tabs work, they work amazingly well. Being able to readjust my diaper is a feature that I never knew I wanted so badly lol. The fit is excellent and I love the outer shell.

The magnifico is clearly a very high grade diaper. As long as I don't have any other issues with the tabs I'm willing to write that off as a isolated incident. The price is still a bit higher than what I prefer in a regular diaper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back