elastic on front panel top is any useful or benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dltrainer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
hello everyone:

i have a question i seen diapers with elastic on the front panel on the top or where the belly may eventually rest, this elastic has or have any function or can get the user or who is wearing that diaper any benefit of those elastic versus an diaper without those elastic on the frontal panel?

best regards

francisco

dltrainer said:
hello everyone:

i have a question i seen diapers with elastic on the front panel on the top or where the belly may eventually rest, this elastic has or have any function or can get the user or who is wearing that diaper any benefit of those elastic versus an diaper without those elastic on the frontal panel?

best regards

francisco
Helps achieve a better fit, simialer concept to elastic on underwear and trousers.

Tighter around the top too i would imagine leading to less likely hood of a leak.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think that an elasticated waistband at the front of the diaper does much. The tapes tend to pull the front taut.

The rear of the waistband tends to rest in the small of the back, which is concave, and elastication helps keep the diaper snug.

The front elastic on my diapers helps keep the front from getting all floppy and reduces the itching / chaffing of floppy plastic.

tiny said:
I don't think that an elasticated waistband at the front of the diaper does much. The tapes tend to pull the front taut.

The rear of the waistband tends to rest in the small of the back, which is concave, and elastication helps keep the diaper snug.

I like a snug fit all around, and front elastic helps me tape just tight enough to give a real snug feel without being uncomfortable if I change position. I'll pick a diaper with front and back elastic any day for the improved comfort.

The only diapers I buy that don't have front elastic are Xplus (which at the time were on an insane sale, and they have ok capacity) and ABU's Preschool Plastic. (the lack of front elastic being their only real fault, they're otherwise an ideal daily wear daytime diaper for me - I wish they'd add waist elastic though!!)

I normally attach the upper tapes below the elastic but above or right at the top of the padding. This forms a "belt" of sorts on the diaper near the top, to keep it up, but the elastic allows the top of my diaper to stay snug but not pinch as it goes up under my belly. I've also found the "corrugation" of the elastic improves air circulation and helps prevent sweating and itching. (my Xplus have that issue, moreso with the back though)

Yes, like the others have said it helps keep the front of the diaper snug. This is to help prevent leaks, keep the diaper in place, and help prevent the diaper from sagging.

It really depends on how the diaper fits the individual whether frontal elastic is of much value (rather than a straight yes or no answer.)

In my experience though ABU Kiddos actually do give me a perfect fit having the front elastic rather than just an excellent fit for SDKs/Cushies/Lavender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back