Public indecency

Is wearing a nappy and a T-shirt in public breaking public indecency laws?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other

Hi everyone

I was having a discussion with my friend Jumpy, but first a back story.

Jumpy has been staying with me for a bit. and yesterday he was having some little time. And was walking around the house in just his diaper and t-shirt,

Those of you that know me know that I like to push the boundaries and push buttons, so I suggested we went to the corner shop to get something.

And he would be fine as he is.

ok I was being a bit of a trial to jumpy, but it fun.

But then the conversation came up about public indecency. Would going out in public dressed in just a diaper and a T-shirt results in breaking the law of public indecency?

I don't think it does because in the summer you can see people dressed in speedos swimming trunks and a T-shirt also walking around seaside towns.

And nobody really matters and eyelid over this.

But jumpy thinks it is breaking public indecency laws to go out in public in public with just a nappy on as an adult.

Ok I agree it is pushing our lifestyle onto the general public probably not in the best way,

Whenever we do go out in public in wearing nappies we always cover up with a pair of jeans or shorts. like good Little boys. hee, hee.

So anyway what you think would going out in public dressed in just a nappy and t-shirt be breaking public indecency laws?

And do I need to go and stand in the naughty corner for being a troll too jumpy.

I didn't mean to.

Siysiy

Siysiy

Well, buddy, I don't know. Would wearing just underwear and a shirt in public be illegal? Diapers are underwear. How about a bABygrow, under the Tykables jeans that cover your nappy, since you seem worried?

If your behaviour caused anyone "alarm or distress", or was judged to be so lewd as to "outrage public decency", AND occurred in public with two or more persons present, then you could be charged with "outraging public decency".

In practise, I think someone actually needs to take offence to what you're doing. If no one cares, I don't think you can be charged(?).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outraging_public_decency

It looks like the Law Commission provided a report to the government with some recommended changes back in 2015. Essentially, they suggest that the offence should apply to anywhere visible to or accessible by the public, and only if the defendant knew or suspected that they were in a public place and that the act may be viewed as offensive.

https://www.lawcom.gov.uk/project/s...public-nuisance-and-outraging-public-decency/

So with the proposed law you just have to believe (that you're in private or that no one cares) and you can outrage the public perfectly legally!

I couldn't find any other relevant legislation. I wondered if there might be something in the Sexual Offences Act, but the nearest thing would be exposing your genitals with the intention to shock.

I... I just can't quite get it into my head that you wanted to take someone to your local shop, where people know you, with him in a diaper an t-shirt, in freezing December. Wouldn't people say something or look at you? Wouldn't it make them feel uncomfortable? I think even I'd feel pretty uncomfortable if I saw someone wandering the streets with no trousers and a giant nappy... :-/

tiny said:
I... I just can't quite get it into my head that you wanted to take someone to your local shop, where people know you, with him in a diaper an t-shirt, in freezing December. Wouldn't people say something or look at you? Wouldn't it make them feel uncomfortable? I think even I'd feel pretty uncomfortable if I saw someone wandering the streets with no trousers and a giant nappy... :-/
Tiny's right, sweetie. People know him. It'd probably make him, and them, uncomfy, too cold now anyway, and, if I did Christmas, there'd be someone I wouldn't want seeing me do anything that even might be bad. Just saying.:hug: Not sure you should be punished, because nothing actually happened; did it? If not, just promise you'll think things all the way through next time

I am assuming you're talking about the UK (it's worth noting as these laws vary from place to place quite a bit actually). I suspect that it could be problematic, though it probably doesn't run afoul of public nudity laws, at least, so you're looking at something relatively minor. It's still in incredibly poor taste though.

siysiy said:

Hi everyone

I was having a discussion with my friend Jumpy, but first a back story.

Jumpy has been staying with me for a bit. and yesterday he was having some little time. And was walking around the house in just his diaper and t-shirt,

Those of you that know me know that I like to push the boundaries and push buttons, so I suggested we went to the corner shop to get something.

And he would be fine as he is.

ok I was being a bit of a trial to jumpy, but it fun.

But then the conversation came up about public indecency. Would going out in public dressed in just a diaper and a T-shirt results in breaking the law of public indecency?

I don't think it does because in the summer you can see people dressed in speedos swimming trunks and a T-shirt also walking around seaside towns.

And nobody really matters and eyelid over this.

But jumpy thinks it is breaking public indecency laws to go out in public in public with just a nappy on as an adult.

Ok I agree it is pushing our lifestyle onto the general public probably not in the best way,

Whenever we do go out in public in wearing nappies we always cover up with a pair of jeans or shorts. like good Little boys. hee, hee.

So anyway what you think would going out in public dressed in just a nappy and t-shirt be breaking public indecency laws?

And do I need to go and stand in the naughty corner for being a troll too jumpy.

I didn't mean to.

Siysiy

Siysiy

I think it might be it's best to be discreet while out. As you say cover the nappy with trousers or shorts.

Okay I won't go talk about laws or stuff but I would talk using my head instead.

First question: Why? Is it dare or stuff.

Because honestly yeah people do wear swimtrunks to beach but why would you wear them to go to shop for example. And now you are talking about diapers. Even if it's non ab diaper it's just gonna make people uncomfortable.

The thing about it is that not because it's adult wearing them but more like hygiene. Diaper after all is to contained your urine and people would be gross to see it. Especially if it's wet.

I'm not saying that we all should become follower and follow the majority but when I see someone wearing shirt and diaper on the street. It's just so not right. And beside you give them more ammunition to mock ABDL.

tiny said:
ention to shock.

No it's not a matter of making somebody do something they are totally uncomfortable with while in little space. That will just bring someone out of spending that quality time which is not the point of being a caregiver.

It's a matter of taking somebody slightly out of their comfort zone what are in little space. The feeling of something is going to happen to me and I've had no control. can give someone a rush.

Being the caregiver, not to go so far as the person in little space needs to say the safe word. Just far enough for the little to feel slightly uncomfortable
then come back with words like " it's ok sweetheart I think it might be a bit too cold for you."

There's loads of sentences you just put in when you can see the person that is a little space is feeling uncomfortable about not having control.

Just getting it right is a bit of an art form but fortunately Isaac has only had to stay safe word ones so far.

Yes I know it is a being a bit of a troll with people, but in my experience it makes little space time more fun.

and Jumpy did send me to bed early without bedtime story for being a brat. Which I did kind of joy. Which then I was being even more of a brat going to bed.

The general rule of thumb I don't do anything to someone that is in little space that I wouldn't like to happen to me while I'm having little space time and they are being the caregiver.

This seems to work. Unless your name is little Isaac " evil laugh" hee, hee, hee.

- - - Updated - - -

littleisaac said:
I think it might be it's best to be discreet while out. As you say cover the nappy with trousers or shorts.

well may be Little guy, we have to see about that.

now be a good boy for me.

Huggs :hug:

Siysiy

- - - Updated - - -

archer said:
Okay I won't go talk about laws or stuff but I would talk using my head instead.

First question: Why? Is it dare or stuff.

Because honestly yeah people do wear swimtrunks to beach but why would you wear them to go to shop for example. And now you are talking about diapers. Even if it's non ab diaper it's just gonna make people uncomfortable.

The thing about it is that not because it's adult wearing them but more like hygiene. Diaper after all is to contained your urine and people would be gross to see it. Especially if it's wet.

I'm not saying that we all should become follower and follow the majority but when I see someone wearing shirt and diaper on the street. It's just so not right. And beside you give them more ammunition to mock ABDL.

Wasn't going to follow it through

I wouldn't make someone do something that they were totally uncomfortable with that is just not fair.

The suggestion of doing it caused the compensation that Jumpy and I had, and this thread.

Last edited:
Although I don't think that it would be considered public indecency I don't believe that it's something anyone should do. Let's be honest, when they are going somewhere public parents do not allow there children to run around in their T-Shirt and diaper/underwear alone. They dress them in proper outfits for public.

I am totally for anyone that feels free enough to do it to go out in their little clothing but they should be something a child would really wear in public. You generally just don't see pants-less kids walking around in the mall but shorts, overalls cute pants and T-Shirts, go for it!

I would say it is a very gray area, all depending on the person who ends up dealing with the incident if reported to the authorities to be looked into.

Regardless of laws or not it is very distasteful, and should be kept to home or ABDL specific events if you wish to walk about like that.

People dont want to be looking at such things when doing daily tasks (it would probably slide at a nudist beach as people would assume incontinence). It only gives us a bad name, and has potential to also offend those who are forced to wear for medical reasons.

Besides there is also the fact of your safety, while im unsure on the area you live if that was done where i live someone would more than likely attack you for being a "freak" and the news would spread like wildfire ensuring constant discrimination.

It's funny how much gradation there is to these sorts of things. A guy going out wearing only a diaper and a t-shirt would certainly be looked on as messed in the head (if not also in the pants). A man going out in briefs underwear would be similarly viewed, though perhaps not as severely. A man going out in boxer shorts might just get a pass if they were on the large/baggy side. Or if nobody was paying particularly close attention. A man going out in a Speedo would be seen as completely normal--at a swimming pool. Otherwise: Call the head-doctor again! A woman out in public wearing only a bra and panties would get a lot of negative attention--from other women, anyway. Give her a bikini or some Daisy Dukes and a halter top, though, and she'd be fine. A diaper? Back to fashion-jail, if not actual jail.

And yet, in terms of body coverage, these things hardly differ. :shrug: Who knows!

I don't happen to believe in ABDL Awareness as a viable cause, though, so if you want to go out wearing only size 6 Pampers and a quarter-inch ribbon around your nipples, be my guest. I won't be there to see it, but I'm sure I'll read about it.

Last edited:
If we're talking about the US, then it very much depends on which state you are in. However, most states do not have a law against it as long as long as the essential things (genitals, buttocks) are covered and you do not commit any sexual act (no rubbing yourself) while doing it. Of course, short of the indecency laws you may be found to violate disorderly conduct laws if your activity is of a nature specifically designed to alarm people (again, very much a state by state thing).

Of course, even if legal, one should be prepared for the outlash: you can be asked to leave even open-to-the-public private places, someone may video or photograph you and make you an internet sensation, in many cases the cops are free to stop you and make inquiries....

Well I personally don't think people should generally be uncovered in public.. But at the same time people are very shy about the human body for some reason.
Still I think it matters more for children and teenagers rather then adults who should act like adults.
If I saw someone walking around in only a diaper and a T-shirt at say an adult only sci-fi convention or some other weird situation I would not care at all.
At the same time if someone did that at the local supermarket I would think it a little distasteful.

Technically no, being in public with just a diaper and tee on is not public indency. However, it will still make others uncomfortable. And depending on if the police are called out, they may still end up trying to out a ticket for indency anyways. It really just depends on what the situation is, and who you're interacting with at that time.

As example, middle of winter in a mall parking lot- likely to cause trouble. Mide of summer while relaxing on the beach- likely to be acceptable.

It would be a problem for the people around you unless it's Halloween or The New Year. X)

In Scotland it would certainly constitute a breach of the peace. Under Scots Law all that needs to be proven is that your conduct actually caused or may have caused fear, alarm, disturbance or annoyance to another person. The police in Scotland are notoriously prudish so you'd inevitably be arrested and appear in the Sheriff Court the following day. The result would almost certainly be a fine of a couple of hundred pounds or even, if you were unlucky and got the Sheriff on a bad day, a few weeks in jail.

Last edited:
I really dislike people who do this kind of thing. It's not okay to just wander around in a diaper and shirt. It makes the community look worse than it already is and all it does is reinforce negative stereotypes. This in my opinion counts as public indecency.

I'm thinking back to when teens sagging their pants was a thing. There were towns and cities in the U. S. that passed ordinances against the practice, the ordinance saying that underwear couldn't show. It sounds like a dumb law but I taught at an inner city school and some of the male students sometimes showed almost all of their underwear until someone, like me, said....pull your pants up. For that reason, I don't think most towns and cities in the U. S. would tolerate someone in just their underwear much less a diaper. It would go to court and then a judge would make a determination. I have no idea which way the judge would decide, however.

The thing is, social custom dictates wearing something over our underwear and the same would apply to diapers unless you were a genuine toddler. Then, no one cares. Again.....social custom.

SnowBlitz said:
I really dislike people who do this kind of thing. It's not okay to just wander around in a diaper and shirt. It makes the community look worse than it already is and all it does is reinforce negative stereotypes. This in my opinion counts as public indecency.

So your the arbiter of what it is to be an AB or DL? Sorry, I haven't consulted you over the past 50 years I've had this fetish. As to the question, your opinion is not driving. It's what the law says and how the courts interpret it. Frankly, a good portion of society consides every thing you do and believe to be depraved and indecent so you're hardly in a place to pass judgement.

willnotwill said:
So your the arbiter of what it is to be an AB or DL? Sorry, I haven't consulted you over the past 50 years I've had this fetish. As to the question, your opinion is not driving. It's what the law says and how the courts interpret it. Frankly, a good portion of society consides every thing you do and believe to be depraved and indecent so you're hardly in a place to pass judgement.

What the hell are you talking about? So having an opinion isn't allowed now?

Seriously what are you trying to start? I never once said that I was the law. Last I checked I didn't have to consult with you on whether or not I get to have an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back