Public indecency

Is wearing a nappy and a T-shirt in public breaking public indecency laws?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV so I can't advice you on the legality of the issue. It would certainly violate the social norms of acceptability regarding adult dress. That alone would be enough to turn a few heads. I get we all love diapers, but we also live in the real world where this lifestyle is not only taboo, but deviant compared to mainstream norms. It would not surprise me if someone called the cops on an individual only wearing a diaper out in public.

SnowBlitz said:
I really dislike people who do this kind of thing. It's not okay to just wander around in a diaper and shirt. It makes the community look worse than it already is and all it does is reinforce negative stereotypes. This in my opinion counts as public indecency.

Yeah. I don't think there should is (or should be) a law against it. But... it's incredibly disrespectful to other people to expose your fetish like that. (*Just my opinion*)

Nudism is sometimes used as a way to draw attention to an issue, such as the World Naked Bike Ride, and (personally, as an ABDL) I'd find public nudity much more acceptable than public diaper-wearing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Naked_Bike_Ride

The human body isn't obscene, so what harm can nakedness cause?

But I think most people would draw a line at sex or masturbation in public. It seems customary in most human societies to avoid unwittingly exposing others to these activities.

Engaging in fetishistic activities in public is indiscreet and disrespectful to others who don't want to play a part in the arousal of an exhibitionist. It's (perceived as) tantamount to public masturbation.

Hi everyone

I was not expecting this form a bit of Caregive, Little play time with a Friend.

I didn't think this button was as big, red and shiny as it has turned out to be. So now I'm gonna just have to push it a little bit more to see what happens.

What do you guys think about this

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-22672343/birmingham-pride-parade-joined-by-thousands

Ok I know that this is different to just go into a local shop dressed in ABDL clothing.

Anyway it is going to be my turn soon to be in little space what challenges do you think I could do that would take me slightly out of my comfort zone. Without breaking any laws obviously and not pushing my Littleness on to other people without their permission.

Also nothing permanent like tattooing,

Semi-permanent is fine like being made to have a haircut of my caregivers choice. But I have done that one already.

I am trying to thing of something new to do that will make being in Little space just a bit more fun.

have fun out there but stay safe.

Siysiy

Turning heads is not illegal. Hell there are tons of people out there turning heads in more ways than just wearing diapers. That doesn't make it a violation of the law. Yes, if you're going to do things like that be it wearing bondage, furry, or excessively brief clothing, you're going to have to deal with the reactions. Hell, even just wearing full-up opposite sex clothes will attract attention, though less so than it used to.

willnotwill said:
So your the arbiter of what it is to be an AB or DL? Sorry, I haven't consulted you over the past 50 years I've had this fetish. As to the question, your opinion is not driving. It's what the law says and how the courts interpret it. Frankly, a good portion of society consides every thing you do and believe to be depraved and indecent so you're hardly in a place to pass judgement.

Bro. Chill. Unnecessarily hostile post about someone else's opinion. I agree with Snow Blitz, I find it distasteful to wear just a diaper and shirt outside. I frown upon this in the same way I frown upon people walking around in public wearing hardcore BDSM gear or w/e. Honestly, sir, you passing judgement on someone's opinion makes you kind of a dick since you just said Snowy was hardly in a place to pass judgement, yet you are in the same position yet you pass judgement like you're some righteous crusader of judgement passing. Take a chill pill, sit in the timeout corner, do whatever you have to do. But chill the fuck out bro. It's an opinion.

Snow Blitz: I apologize on coming down hard on you. You just pushed one of my ongoing buttons. I'm not trying to deprive anybody of their opinions or contributions.
It's one thing to give an opinion on what you like or don't like. I think it's another to purport to speak for the community as a whole as to what is good and proper.

Hi all,

This post has stirred me from my slumber. lol After reading up on the laws a little bit, it would not be considered breaking any laws. At least in Canada, where I reside.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clothing_laws_by_country#Canada

I feel however, that it is not something that one should do. I understand the need for attention that some people feel, but there are other ways to go about it without causing someone else unneeded discomfort.
Overalls and a sucky is usually enough to turn heads if attention is what you seek.
Exposing your underwear in public is generally frowned upon.... Why would a diaper be treated any differently?

Whether or not an exposed diaper is indecent can almost fully boil down to whether or it is considered underwear.

It's socially acceptable for parents to consider a baby running around in nothing but a diaper is ok at places like parks or beaches. In these settings, the diaper IS considered outerwear (especially for swim diapers). However, for settings like a grocery store or restaurant, it is considered underwear and appropriate attire is required.

As an adult, I have found that the same applies to us as it does for babies. Yes some people who get easily offended try to think otherwise- so expect this ti happer. Luckily I've had the police weigh in on this for me, and they agree with this assement.

One caviat though, even in an appropriate setting, IF your diaper is purposely exposed in a manner that is looking to or is already causing a disturbance (especially if sexually driven), then the distubance part alone will make it illegal.

Best advice for most anyone, just don't do it. Not unless you are confident, and sure, you have a justifiable reason for doing so.

Starrunner said:
So my understanding is that someone simply going out in a diaper is not a criminal offense relating to indecency. However, if the person were to go onto private property, such as a store or a mall, they could be asked to leave the property and instructed not to return. Police could then remove the person for trespassing.

In the UK, trespass is a civil tort rather than a criminal offence, so neither the landowner or police have any right to remove someone.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q56.htm
https://www.mylawyer.co.uk/law-a-A76076D34460/?A76076D34460=

In order to enforce a withdrawn right of access, the shop would need apply for a legal injunction against the person they wished to remove. Further (or continued) trespass would then be prosecuted as a breach of the injunction.

If an exhibitionist ABDL refused to leave a shop after the implied invitation to enter had been withdrawn, and thus was trespassing, the only immediate possibility for removing him would be to have him arrested for another offence.

Usually trespassers commit other offences -- damage to property, theft, public order offences, or aggravated trespass, which is where someone intends to intimidate, obstruct or disrupt anyone carrying out lawful activities.

In Scotland (but not in England and Wales), a "breach of the peace" includes "any disorderly behaviour". This is not an offence, but a person can still be arrested for it and bound to keep the peace in future (with specific requirements). Breaking that bond would then be criminal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breach_of_the_peace

In practise, however I think you could only be prosecuted for removing a trespasser if you used "unreasonable force". So, you could probably push, shove or drag them out, but if this resulted in any injury, you'd be guilty of assault.

Nightclub door staff are trained to remove people safely, and street bobbies will often do the same, especially if they anticipate that the person will then commit an offence (assault, threatening language, etc.) which will instantly give them the right to arrest them.

But in most other situations, the police will only attend an act of trespass as passive observers to reassure the landowner in case any criminal offences subsequently occur.

Starrunner said:
Personally, I just don't really see the need to be informed about laws on wearing diapers in public. It should come under a law of having common sense. I can't imagine why someone would willingly go out into a public environment knowing that people would be disturbed or uncomfortable with how they are dressed or what their intentions are. It just seems like it's forcing a fetish onto some unsuspecting participants without their consent. It also reinforces the negative perception of the abdl community. These days it all winds up on Youtube and Facebook to be held up for more public ridicule.

I couldn't agree more. But I do find the law rather fascinating even so. :)

^^ Huh. Thanks, Starrunner -- that's really interesting.

The "equivalent force" being reasonable in self-defence sounds very similar to how it would be seen in England and Wales. Although it would still have to be reasonable self-defence (you couldn't punch someone because they punched you first).

But I think the right to privacy is stronger in England & Wales. Landlords and landowners have surprisingly few rights. In many cases they aren't legally allowed to enter their own property if the tenants don't give permission. And squatting wasn't even illegal until 2012!

While personally I think it’s sick that anyone could be bothered by seeing a diaper I think police just about anywhere would make it a painful experience and site all sorts of public decency nonsense even though Diapers generally cover more and disguise genital region shapes than other clothing.

I truly think we need a holiday town somewhere where only ABDLs and their caregivers are allowed so people can be free to be themselves.

Argent said:
I truly think we need a holiday town somewhere where only ABDLs and their caregivers are allowed so people can be free to be themselves.

:iagree:

Argent said:
While personally I think it’s sick that anyone could be bothered by seeing a diaper I think police just about anywhere would make it a painful experience and site all sorts of public decency nonsense even though Diapers generally cover more and disguise genital region shapes than other clothing.

I once made that exact same argument. I was at my local beach (in florida), wearing nothing but my diaper while suntanning. (Note, I was also pretty far away from the main crowd). Some guy in a speedo came up to me and started to make a scene. The beach cops came riding up, and after a little explaining said they agreed with me.

My diaper did cover up more than his speedo, so indency wouldn't apply. And since I'm incontinent it's not like I could have taken it off in favor of a speedo myself. They also noted he started it, and warned him to leave me alone or they would fine him for disturbing my peace.

Not sure about the UK but here in the US (And laws vary from state to state), if your genitalia are covered than you are not in violation of any lewdness laws. The stores policies will most likely require shirt, shoes, and the like. In terms of creating a disturbance depending upon local ordinance you may be cited if it is causing a disturbance. As I work in airport law enforcement I am not overly familiar with laws outside of the code in which I enforce.

If you were to walk into an airport in just a diaper and a t-shirt you would not be violating any laws governing that however you would be violating the airports policy on decency and discretion. While you would not be cited you would most likely be asked to be respectful to your surroundings and cover up. Failure to comply would not result in citation being as you are not breaking the law but if airport management asked for you to be removed as a violation of their policy LE would ask you to leave. Returning in same condition could result in a trespass order being placed.

While I do like to push the boundaries as well I often remind myself that the baby aspect of my life is my deal and not anyone else's. My incontinence however is a publicly recognized medical condition and I am protected by laws regarding my rights to reasonable accommodations and privacy.

In summary, if I were the responding officer I would simply ask you to leave the establishment and not to return until you are compliant with their dress code. But as far as the public is concerned what you do in the street is up to you as long as the laws are being followed. Refer to your state and local laws under the criminal code to ensure compliance with them. Verify that your locality does not have an ordinance that would other wise be contraindictive of what you are trying to accomplish. And lastly, always remember that ordinance laws and local laws can be stronger than state laws, and state laws stronger than federal laws but not the other way around. Just because the federal code of law says you can do it, the state may say you cannot. (A state cannot create laws that are less equal to a federal law, and a local law cannot create a law less equal to that of a state or federal law)

Hope that helps

To add to this, I have been to a nude beach in just diaper and there where no issues what so ever. It actually generated more conversation from people who where curious. And the beach cops where everywhere and never said a thing.

Last edited:
Right - My take on this - Technically it isn't an offence and if pushed it would be interesting to see the CPS pushing it to court

However - it is a very dodgy area of the law and could in theory be taken as public in decency if someone is " Offended or fees that you are acting in a sexual manner" in the spirit of the fact we are AB's - would you let your toddler ( I assume you would both be walking and not using a pushchair lol) walk to the shops in a diaper and expect people not to comment or feel awkward - My guess would be NO - so as an Ageplayer is it technically right or giving the right impression by letting an Adult little do it?

Again I would answer NO - its actually more likely to give a false impression and make the public think its a sexual Kink ( maybe it is for you) - I would say the same answer if I was being asked if its ok for pet players to go out in full leather and obviously sexual kink hood and collar??

Off my soapbox and back to tom and Jerry and a soppy cup as that far more important to me in reality

SnowBlitz said:
I really dislike people who do this kind of thing. It's not okay to just wander around in a diaper and shirt. It makes the community look worse than it already is and all it does is reinforce negative stereotypes. This in my opinion counts as public indecency.

I agree.

Argent said:

Sign me up! Realistically wearing a diaper shouldn't be an issue. A diaper covers up far more then some bottoms I've seen young women wear around college campuses. Yet I also understand it's taboo and deviant too some to see an adult in a diaper. This is where I think an issue could arise. Someone becoming offended and or disgusted and contacting a police officer. This police officer may not have the authority to arrest you but they would harass you and overall cause a scene. It's better just to avoid the situation entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back