What is up with ADISC as of late

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpluswearer

Moderated
Role
  1. Incontinent
Somehow someway the quality of posts has been severely gone downhill recently. From some here that truly need mental help to others having this fixation on playing with themselves. Maybe its just me and this Seasonal affected disorder as winter sets in upon us here in the upper Midwest or as I get older I get more brash I dunno whats which. Have PM'd Mod & Staff and no one has responded ....

Probably a seasonal thing. A while back, I did a search on ADISC for keywords like "suicide" and "depression," and graphed the hits by month. Although some years showed peaks in the summer months and at other times of the year, the fall and early winter months were the heaviest with mental health topics most of the time. In short, it's Mental Health Topic Season on ADISC right now.

And let's face it: ADISC is a support site. Although perhaps not the best place for people with bona fide mental health issues to turn, it's sort of inevitable that people within the community who are struggling with mental health come to places like these for help. Or to just vent. It's not my favorite kind of topic to come across, and I'll admit that I do a fair bit of ignoring of these kinds of topics, especially when the people posting them seem to be sharing the exact same issues over and over (and over and over and over), and not heeding any of the advice given.

But next to Mental Health Topic Seasons of yore, I'd call the present atmosphere on ADISC quiet as opposed to low-quality. And I think quietness is ok. It signals to me that maybe we're doing a good job of not (excessively) feeding the cyclically mentally distressed users who really ought to, at some point, try doing something else. I know that probably sounds a bit mean, but... :shrug: We're uniquely qualified to discuss the struggles of ABDL-dom, but being made to sit here and swallow rants from people who clearly have bigger problems is less than we deserve. Right?

So...

*Fastens diaper, closes eyes, listens to the sweet chirping of crickets in the moon-lit fields of ADISC*

Last edited:
It has already been extremely well documented that a lack of sunlight has a huge effect on increasing depression. The daylight savings time, and shorter days, are probably just messing with everyone's sense of logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all of the post have been very good at covering the cycles of ADISC.

The other thing is to look at the overall age of the group.

At this time of year a lot of the "usual suspects" disappear, That would also go hand in hand with Finals and end of year projects. So the "happier" post are less and the more support need post increase.

So hang in there.

As for Mods, (like has already been said) they have IRL situations that interfere with ADISC duties. When in doubt, send a PM to the mods or Moo.

Egor

The other solution is for you to post something that is more interesting. I know I'm a bad example when it comes to starting threads, so I'm not faulting anyone. We're just simply going through a lag in titillating posts but that will change as it always does. And yes, I love to use the word titillating, but only on this site where I know you'll probably all laugh to yourselves...teehee. (Butthead: "He said titillating. Uh huh huh huh huh huh...")

xpluswearer said:
Somehow someway the quality of posts has been severely gone downhill recently. From some here that truly need mental help to others having this fixation on playing with themselves. Maybe its just me and this Seasonal affected disorder as winter sets in upon us here in the upper Midwest or as I get older I get more brash I dunno whats which. Have PM'd Mod & Staff and no one has responded ....

I've been around this site for a number of years, and have seen my share of idiotic posts. It's not a recent phenomenon.. I have seen one thread that I will not mention, that dragged on for 3 years at least, that should have never been on this board in the first place. I am very thankful for the moderator cutting it at the roots so it could die off. There are other unmentionable sick posts that I see once in a while that I will absolutely refuse going into detail over as well. They have appeared now and then, from the very beginning of time.

I apologize. I am a boring person with no one to talk with particularly this subject matter. Didn't mean to offend anyone, I guess ill leave. Have a good night.

JK, I'm never leaving. I love it here!

Honeywell6180 said:
I have seen one thread that I will not mention, that dragged on for 3 years at least, that should have never been on this board in the first place.
Not the campfire confection suppository thread, surely. That one was quite...

dogboy said:
titillating
Yes! Exactly.

I'm sorry I am not that fancy with the big words and only type one or even two sentences in each of my post. I been here for a long time and I plan to stay here longer :)

While I understand that some threads are frustrating or even down right pointless at times, it is not an issue that bothers me one bit. For me a commuinty is the sum of its parts and it is important that nobody is left feeling excluded.

In my experience forums such as ADISC require many members to keep it going and stay relevant. Any forum I have been part of that does not have many members quickly dies off. And with large numbers comes lots of threads and posts to keep the forum churning.

What also comes with larger groups of people is a more varied and diverse community. Different ages, cultures, backgrounds and dare I say it education levels. Even different reasons to be here comes in to play.

Members find their way here looking for like minded people who they can share their experiences with. They may be looking for support or have questions answered. They may just want to shoot the breeze with people that understand them.

What is important to remember is that members will need different kinds of help at different times. I agree there are times when it may seem the qaulity of the post is weak but I also remember that the person behind the post may have a learning disability that is undisclosed.

It is not our roles to judge our fellow community members. We are stronger together and will become toxic if we create division or start to judge thread qaulity. We should be coming here to offer support no matter the education level or how silly the thread seems.

I try, as many others do here, to see the person first. That way I will refrain from judging their writing or thought processing ability and move straight on to helping if I am able to. I also try not to muddy the water by commenting on the threads I know little about.

Overall, if anyone here does not like another members writing style or does not have anything constructive to say then just steer clear of that persons posts. There are so many varied sub pockets on ADISC and to me it is beautiful to step back and see all the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: egor
Well I have been coming to this site for a good while, although I don't start many threads I read a bunch of them, and make a few contributions to some. Yes it comes and goes in the really weird threads department, the mods do an excellent job of slowing or stopping the worst ones. Everyone has to remember one thing and one thing only " You are not required to read everything " if something is inappropriate or to weird stop reading the thread, don't post to or feed a troll.
If you like to post in taboo subject look to the groups, or start your own group, We all are of different mindsets and all in all this is the best place on the web to discuss our lifestyles.

Cottontail said:
Not the campfire confection suppository thread, surely. That one was quite...

Yes! Exactly.

cottontail, you can always bring a smile to my face!

- - - Updated - - -

xpluswearer said:

as far ss this site is concerned, i cant say. but as far as SAD goes, i have found getting one of those happy lights helps with those winter blues. reading in front of it for 15-45 minutes in the morning works wonders. you may not believe this, but i have a parrot that also hadSAD, and once i got a light on him his self-destructive behavior stopped.
the light might not make this site any better, but you will feel much, much better!

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother has SAD so he couldn't move to Alaska to be with his kids because it would then affect his mental health. The days are weird up there due to being so far north.

I stay out of the mental health ones and the lbgt ones too. I'm not understanding on the subjects. I figure it's not my business. As far as this time of the year its my faverote. Always loved snow and all the fall and winter hunting.

I want to concur with others that think maybe those with ABDL are simply thriving.Binge/purge waaaay behind them and are living life like myself.We are weird to society,but speaking personally, diapers are the norm for me.Not just medically,but I love em.
I have managed to merge my persona to loving every aspect of diapers with no negative connotations.Yes it's only twice a week when a pad just won't do(but would), but I'm still masculine and confident.
That's kick ass!!!

I haven't been active here in months since I've mostly moved over to /r/ABDL/ on Reddit. It's been growing quite rapidly recently and usually has a lot of interesting and topical discussions.

Extremely well said MotherFaith! Thank You for expressing your thoughts shared by most on this site - Paddedfanny

Yeah I get you. I occasionally get on as of late, mostly lurk, and I’ve seen what you are on about. I’m not naming any names or trying to shame people, but I think there are a few users who either have major major problems or are taking us all for a ride.
The thing is that the users here are very accepting, and are willing to accept people that, at least to somebody more cynical such as myself, set off some warning sirens. Not to say that they are trolls but I believe they are trying you on. This leads to a bit of a conundrum: you can be accepting and cultivate a community that has some undesirable elements, or cynical and drive some who are in need of support, away.

That’s my theory anyway.

INCONTAL said:
I stay out of the mental health ones and the lbgt ones too. I'm not understanding on the subjects. I figure it's not my business. As far as this time of the year its my faverote. Always loved snow and all the fall and winter hunting.

I like that attitude and how you expressed it INCONTAL. I'm going to remember that because lots of things are none of my business but I'm reluctant to see it that way.

Thanks for the reminder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back