Goodnites or pull ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egmatt

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I had 2 goodnites and 10 pull ups, now down to 1 and 7. Just wondering what holds more, I can get about 3 good wettings in a pull up and haven't tried maxing the goodnite.

Goodnites can hold a surprising amount but they have a cheap build meaning they can rip easily. I know that for a fact because i used an entire bag of 24. If i were to guess that hold about 500ml

I think Abena makes a much better quality pull-up. Goodnites are fun but they don't hold as much.

Underjams ftw

I often wonder what people are doing that their Underjams and Goodnites are ripping down the sides. I've got a 36" waist now, but even when it was two inches larger, I could stretch into either Underjams or Goodnites and wear them all day without issue. I have two theories on this:

1) People are breakdancing, mountain climbing, or otherwise being FAR more active in their Goodnites than I am. This seems...pretty likely, actually. I'm not a super active person, although I've been working on that lately.

And 2) Presumably these each come from several different factories. Perhaps the diapers being distributed to stores in my area are just...better! That seems a little less likely.

As for what holds more, "pull-up" is kind of ambiguous, so...no idea. Neither Underjams nor Goodnites work well for me, though. The crotch width is simply too narrow. If I clip off all of my hair down there (thereby putting the minimum possible amount of "stuff" into the diaper to begin with), then I can get a single good wetting into both Underjams and Goodnites. Otherwise: Catastrophe!

The crappy toilet paper fabric they use can weaken and rip up overnight if you roll around alot plus when the goodnite is soaked and heavy it tends to rip aswell

Goodnites seem are lot more durable than UnderJams. IMHO

Cottontail said:
I often wonder what people are doing that their Underjams and Goodnites are ripping down the sides. I've got a 36" waist now, but even when it was two inches larger, I could stretch into either Underjams or Goodnites and wear them all day without issue. I have two theories on this:

1) People are breakdancing, mountain climbing, or otherwise being FAR more active in their Goodnites than I am. This seems...pretty likely, actually. I'm not a super active person, although I've been working on that lately.

And 2) Presumably these each come from several different factories. Perhaps the diapers being distributed to stores in my area are just...better! That seems a little less likely.

As for what holds more, "pull-up" is kind of ambiguous, so...no idea. Neither Underjams nor Goodnites work well for me, though. The crotch width is simply too narrow. If I clip off all of my hair down there (thereby putting the minimum possible amount of "stuff" into the diaper to begin with), then I can get a single good wetting into both Underjams and Goodnites. Otherwise: Catastrophe!

There's also the difference in hip size to ones waist size. Even at the same 36" waist size, someone with a 28" hip size could squeeze into a goodnite, but that wouldn't be possible with a 36" hip size as well.

Cottontail said:

I think its distributor related as from time to time I'll get goodnites that just instantly rip on me, and then other times (Like my last pack) I'll get good ones that seem to be put together better and don't tear the sides open. And I'm talking difference between 2 packs within a 1 week period, I did some testing on this back when I wore Goodnites more often.

Reactions: lisag
Slomo said:
There's also the difference in hip size to ones waist size. Even at the same 36" waist size, someone with a 28" hip size could squeeze into a goodnite, but that wouldn't be possible with a 36" hip size as well.
Maybe, yeah. But my hips are 44". I'm stocky. Still, I've generally found that, if I can pull them on, they stay on and don't rip. Prior to the Goodnites Elastic Revolution of 2015, I couldn't fit into Goodnites without modding the sides (cutting the elastic to make the leg holes bigger). And in those dark times, the sides would rip over time, because I'd gotten them started already.

Just checked my waist size since I finally found my tape for it, and I'm 40,5" and I wear GoodNites and they never ripped on me ever, except the old 2003-2004 TrimFit that were a total disaster, I wonder how someone could rip them off themselves, I find them a little hard to rip sometimes in the morning when I take them off. And to the ones that says they aren't fitting properly, they raise up around 1" of my belly button and cover by behind like they should with no plumber crack visible.

Cottontail said:
Maybe, yeah. But my hips are 44". I'm stocky. Still, I've generally found that, if I can pull them on, they stay on and don't rip. Prior to the Goodnites Elastic Revolution of 2015, I couldn't fit into Goodnites without modding the sides (cutting the elastic to make the leg holes bigger). And in those dark times, the sides would rip over time, because I'd gotten them started already.

Goodnites are designed for a maximum stretch of 29" inches at the waist and hips. I find it incredibly hard to believe that after being stretched out to their max, that they can then be stretched another 51% further without tearing apart.

Also, "you keep using that word but I don't think you know what it means."

Slomo said:
Goodnites are designed for a maximum stretch of 29" inches at the waist and hips. I find it incredibly hard to believe that after being stretched out to their max, that they can then be stretched another 51% further without tearing apart.

Also, "you keep using that word but I don't think you know what it means."
With regard to which word? I didn't say "fit," did I?

But if you haven't tried Goodnites--recently or ever--you'd be surprised by the elastic. As of 2015, it's insane. And it's proof that granny-panty elastic is unnecessary, as far as I'm concerned. I always figured that all that frilly nonsense was the only way to have something stretch to the extent those adult pull-up sides have to stretch, but nope. Which is good news for all those adult pull-up wanters who were (rightfully) dismayed by the recent efforts of Bambino.

But there's no easy remedy for the rise and crotch width of Goodnites, the latter of which has proven to be the primary barrier for me. When the crotch width of the diaper is only just greater than the span of one's dingle-dong (and all its related hardware), you're screwed. Or at least soaked down the pant-leg.

I buy Goodnites, but use them for their intended purpose only very infrequently, and in situations where leaking wouldn't be a catastrophe. I've always been drawn more to the baby/kid diapers than the adult kind. But I'm careful with words like "fit," claims of putting multiple bladderfuls into Pampers, and offering recommendations of small diapers to large people. We like what we like, in the end, ill-fitting though it may be

Last edited:
Goodnites have and have had more durable elastic than Underjams. The newer Goodnites elastic is more easily stretched, but it has the same limit point as the old elastic, beyond which is breaks.

Capacity-wise and leak-wise, Underjams hands-down win compared to Goodnites. If you can get the elastic (and weird graphics) to work for you, try Underjams.

Cottontail said:
With regard to which word? I didn't say "fit," did I?

My sincere apologies. I read that as "could" fit into them, instead of "couldn't".

Correction: huggies pull-ups

Cottontail said:

How do you get underjams to stay together all day? I can wear goodnites for 24 hours without tearing (and that is just wearing, not wetting). But I can’t for the life of me get an underjam to last more than 3 hours tops. I am not overly active, or in positions that should strain the sides. Underjams just tear so quickly. How do you get them to last? I’m 32” waist and 200lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back