United Kingdom is it illegle to change or get changed in a public toilet?

Do you think it is against the law to change nappies in the puplic toilets?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • I do not know

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • As long as it is OK with the changer and the changee

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Ewww...

• You just ruined my lunch!

• I think it should be against the law

• Each to their own I guess

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I do not feel strongly one way or the other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
My problem is with fakers. Faking a functional need for any kind of disabled toilet is illegal.

sorry but it not in the UK, I dont know about the USA. OK it is inconsiderate and socially unacceptable to use an accessible toilet just as a normal tole if you can use a normal toilet.

I have a key to access them but I dont unless I am with some one that needs them.

something that has not been tuch on is people with mental disability. someone with OCD using the normal publick toilet could be torcher.

I would not say that everyone that use them need them but I really thing that this is not a high percentage of the populationl, most people useing changing places and accessible toilets need to use them.

hope I have pocked the bear even more :poke: :hug:

Yeah. In the US, there is really no taboo against using the larger stall in the bathroom even though it is larger for wheelchair accessibility. It takes at most five minutes to either use the toilet or change a diaper.

It's almost funny how some people will believe something so bs would be true, let alone with such conviction. (almost, but not). The obvious answer is no, it is not illegal to help someone else with a diaper change. Especially if it non-sexual or professionally done.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
This worries me for you. IC can be caused by nothing more than weak muscles, and is nothing more than involuntarily bladder or bowel voiding into clothes. If you're having to work so hard to avoid accidents, you may have an issue. Rather you identify as IC, or not, you may actually be.:hug:

Again, well acquainted with disabilities, visible, and not. Don't have a problem with anyone with a functional need for any kinda disabled toilet, using 1. My problem is with fakers, and, again, not every disability, visible or not, carries with it the functional need for either kinda disabled toilet.

Faking a functional need for any kinda disabled toilet is illegal, as is using 1 without functional need for it, when another stall is open. It's just, no one has an interest in prosecuting it, because, short of dragging the faker to court, and going through his or her medical records, it's too difficult to prove. Assuming you're being truthful, and I'm not calling names. I just don't know you.:hug: Since you're not faking, you're fine.
If no other stall is open, anyone can use 1, as, "going," is an everybody thing.

Fakers, have a conscience!
See, i have a perfect little slot in my backpack which happily sits a diaper in, it doesnt really affect me it being there.

If it gets worse then yeah, i shall be seeking professional help. But it doesnt deem to be an issue for me currently, never had a strong or big bladder.

It's something which doesnt exactly bother me too much currently.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can someone help me find actual written laws on the subject? The legal team of Me, Myself, and I, is on it, but I'm better at reading law, than finding it. SiySiy, I'm pretty sure faking disability is illegal everywhere. I did mention mental disorders. Anyone with a functional need. My thoughts on this issue come from an ADISC thread, which I'll be dipped if I can find right this minute. Someone had their legal ducks in a row, and the sited source said the only way it was legal for someone without functional needs to use one, here, was if no other stall was open. Don't forget, a lot of US law is shaped by yours. Thanks to my British Little brother, I did find a PDF about the legalities of Changing Place Toilets, but I don't know if it's possible to put those on here.
Good on you, only using them when you're helping someone with functional needs.:patpat: Here, we're slowly starting to get changing tables, but it's different. Instead of denoting them any different, special, or set apart, slowly, all our disabled toilets are starting to look like Changing Place Toilets. Slllllllllooooooooowly. Like, I haven't noticed many, and there doesn't seem to be any difference in signage.

If I'm wrong, you can mercilessly tickle me. I still stand by it's Illegal to use any disabled toilet 1 doesn't need, even here, but no one is interested enough to prosecute offenders, because it's so difficult to prove.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
See, now, you've poked the bear. No the heck we wouldn't. IC is a disability involving the diagnosable functional need for one or another disabled toilet. A diaper fetish doesn't matter at that point, because functional need for that place outweighs the fetish, unless said fetishist was doing overtly, meaning open to view or knowledge; not concealed or secret, sexual stuff in the stall, which isn't legal anyway, because it's indecent, no matter what anyone's functional needs are.

I know you have Asperger's. At least I could swear I've seen you mention it on other threads. Am I right, Angellothefox?

Either way, unless it impairs your ability to hold it, let it out, or use the toilet,
you have some other disability that does cause a functional need for said places, or, no other stall is open, you're not legal to use a Changing place, or regular disabled toilet. Good thing no one would care to prove you a faker. Helping someone with a functional need for said places qualifies the helper to help, not to use the facility for himself, or herself.

Being diagnosed with a disability isn't enough. Diagnosable functional needs decide what's legal. E.g., severe, life threatening depression is a disability, but without functional impairment in holding it in, letting it out, or using the toilet, severe life threatening depression doesn't warrant a changing place, or a regular disabled toilet. Now, if said severely depressed person had a Service Dog, also known as an Assistance Dog, task trained to prevent self-harm, and the dog and handler couldn't fit in a regular stall, then yes, said person is legal, because he or she has a functional need for the dog, and they can't both fit in a regular stall, so, the severely depressed person is prevented from using the regular toilet, especially considering he or she might be more inclined to self harm, somewhere private, like a loo. See?

As an example of functional needs, my stepdad has CP, but, in disaster evacuation, he goes last of the 3 cerebrally palsied people in my family, because his functional needs are least among us, but, if he got severely injured, and sis and I were fine, his functional needs would have changed, and he'd go first. See? He's
also got a disabled placard, because walking gets hard for him in rainy, snowy, or any kinda slippery weather, otherwise, he only uses it if he's injured, or has me, or sis, in the car, since we need a loading zone, no matter what.

He may use a disabled toilet, but only on a very bad day, because he usually doesn't need a rail, but, if his functional needs change, to the point where he needs a rail, e.g., if the floor in the regular toilet were slippery, or, he needed a sink he could reach sitting, a mirror in the right spot, anything a regular disabled toilet provides, then he's legal. He would qualify for a Changing Place though, were he to have an accident, no matter if he needed anything else a disabled toilet provided, or not, because he has bladder spasms. See the functional need for 1 over the other?

For the record, even though I'm IC, it's mild, so, unless I had a real accident, I wouldn't use a Changing Place. I'm also a Little bABy. I'd know if I had an, "on purpose," and, in that case, wouldn't use any disabled toilet, because my conscience would stop me! I'd go home and change then.

Now, no one should even try to stop you from changing in a regular toilet, and throwing the nappies in the bin. Dirty disposable nappies go in bins. You're not hurting anyone by using and changing in public, but, I don't care if you're changing your butt, or doin' the bloomin' hokey pokey! Y'ain't doin' anything legally, in a Changing Place, or a handicap stall, unless you have a diagnosable functional need to be there, you're helping someone who does, or no other stall is open, so, stay outa loos you don't need!

Wow I did not need all this text with at least 8 miss spelled words. ;) Just kidding about the miss spelled words part. I do it accidently all the time so it would be very hypocritical of me to say that.
I do own a disabled toilet key because at the time I found it difficult to pee or poop in a toilet full of strange men and duse I would not go and keep it in due to the sensory stuff.

I have gotten more accustom too it now but still my stress levels do go up a little when they are random people in the toilet. My mother still owns that key even though I told her I do not need it. I have seen her using it too but she is dignosed like me.
I am borderline mentally disabled. Borderline for a learning disability. (Nothing much changed the only thing that changed is the test to test weather someone has a learning disability or not)

I still have a learning difficulty and it is Hi Functioning Autism HFA for short. You was close though SpAzpieSweeTot because HFA is like Aspergus.
It is rare that I have toilet problems. The rare once been needing to go more then once and talk about me having a water infection and peeing blood twice.

One of my ABDL friends mentioned if he could not change me in a public toilet he had a disabled key.
Most toilets now a days are like mini disabled toilets anyway where a quick change can easily be done.
HPL-Toilet-Partition-Public-Toilet-Cubicle.jpg_350x350.jpg

We are talking about the once with the door that you can lock. The public cubicals is a intire diffrent ball game together because you have the fear of people looking under or over and been embaressed by noisy kids.

Attachments

• HPL-Toilet-Partition-Public-Toilet-Cubicle.jpg_350x350.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 22
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Can someone help me find actual written laws on the subject? The legal team of Me, Myself, and I, is on it, but I'm better at reading law, than finding it. SiySiy, I'm pretty sure faking disability is illegal everywhere. I did mention mental disorders. Anyone with a functional need. My thoughts on this issue come from an ADISC thread, which I'll be dipped if I can find right this minute. Someone had their legal ducks in a row, and the sited source said the only way it was legal for someone without functional needs to use one, here, was if no other stall was open. Don't forget, a lot of US law is shaped by yours. Thanks to my British Little brother, I did find a PDF about the legalities of Changing Place Toilets, but I don't know if it's possible to put those on here.
Good on you, only using them when you're helping someone with functional needs.:patpat: Here, we're slowly starting to get changing tables, but it's different. Instead of denoting them any different, special, or set apart, slowly, all our disabled toilets are starting to look like Changing Place Toilets. Slllllllllooooooooowly. Like, I haven't noticed many, and there doesn't seem to be any difference in signage.

If I'm wrong, you can mercilessly tickle me. I still stand by it's Illegal to use any disabled toilet 1 doesn't need, even here, but no one is interested enough to prosecute offenders, because it's so difficult to prove.

I'd help, but only if you promise to change your hard to read pink text back to normal.

Slomo said:
I'd help, but only if you promise to change your hard to read pink text back to normal.

Using the simple pink skin helps. I don't mean to make it harder on anybody.

Angellothefox said:
Wow I did not need all this text with at least 8 miss spelled words. ;) Just kidding about the miss spelled words part. I do it accidently all the time so it would be very hypocritical of me to say that.
I do own a disabled toilet key because at the time I found it difficult to pee or poop in a toilet full of strange men and duse I would not go and keep it in due to the sensory stuff.

I have gotten more accustom too it now but still my stress levels do go up a little when they are random people in the toilet. My mother still owns that key even though I told her I do not need it. I have seen her using it too but she is dignosed like me.
I am borderline mentally disabled. Borderline for a learning disability. (Nothing much changed the only thing that changed is the test to test weather someone has a learning disability or not)

I still have a learning difficulty and it is Hi Functioning Autism HFA for short. You was close though SpAzpieSweeTot because HFA is like Aspergus.
It is rare that I have toilet problems. The rare once been needing to go more then once and talk about me having a water infection and peeing blood twice.

One of my ABDL friends mentioned if he could not change me in a public toilet he had a disabled key.
Most toilets now a days are like mini disabled toilets anyway where a quick change can easily be done.

We are talking about the ones with the door that you can lock. The public cubicals is a intire diffrent ball game together because you have the fear of people looking under or over and being embarrassed by noisy kids.

Okay, questions. You do understand it's the fact that someone would fake a need they don't have that bothers me, and not you, specifically; don't you? I would've guessed HFA, or Asperger's, just based on what I know of you. Affection to you, fellow Spectrumite! I wanna apologize for the wall of words. My brain got stuck on this, and wouldn't let me stop until it stopped itching, and got unstuck. Sorry about that.

Nice to know you do have a functional need. Without it, you wouldn't have been able to get your key at all. You do understand that being a Spectrumite doesn't land everyone with a key? That was my point. It's just like someone with dyslexia insisting they need a wheelchair, just because they're dyslexic.

I'd advocate for RADAR keys in the U.S., but, it's not a perfect system. I hear that quite a few people who have had their doctors apply for RADAR keys on their behalf, after multiple tries applying for a key themselves, and there's a legitimate need, still have trouble getting keys. Any idea why?

So, your mum has toilet issues, too? Lastly, do stalls in the UK not lock?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Using the simple pink skin helps. I don't mean to make it harder on anybody.

Okay, questions. You do understand it's the fact that someone would fake a need they don't have that bothers me, and not you, specifically; don't you? I would've guessed HFA, or Asperger's, just based on what I know of you. Affection to you, fellow Spectrumite! I wanna apologize for the wall of words. My brain got stuck on this, and wouldn't let me stop until it stopped itching, and got unstuck. Sorry about that.

Nice to know you do have a functional need. Without it, you wouldn't have been able to get your key at all. You do understand that being a Spectrumite doesn't land everyone with a key? That was my point. It's just like someone with dyslexia insisting they need a wheelchair, just because they're dyslexic.

I'd advocate for RADAR keys in the U.S., but, it's not a perfect system. I hear that quite a few people who have had their doctors apply for RADAR keys on their behalf, after multiple tries applying for a key themselves, and there's a legitimate need, still have trouble getting keys. Any idea why?

So, your mum has toilet issues, too? Lastly, do stalls in the UK not lock?
In regards to the key being denied, they are able to be purchased online without proof, the sites arent legitimate and i shant go getting links for this reason.

But a denied friend used this method after trying to legitinately get one. (She can no longer walk unaided.)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Changing, or, for that matter, "going," somewhere 1 doesn't belong, certainly can be, because, disability, alone, doesn't equate to functional need for any kinda disabled toilet, and faking a functional need for 1 is illegal, as is using 1 without functional need for it, when another stall is open. It's just, no one has an interest in prosecuting it, because, short of dragging the faker to court, and going through his or her medical records, it's too difficult to prove.

That's not the case in UK law. It's not illegal for a continent, able-bodied person to use the disabled toilet, even if the other toilets are empty. It's not even illegal for a man to enter the ladies' toilets, or for a woman to enter the gents'.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
SiySiy, I'm pretty sure faking disability is illegal everywhere. I did mention mental disorders. Anyone with a functional need.

Nope -- faking a disability is perfectly legal. I can perfectly legally wear diapers 24/7 and tell a friend that I have a purely medical need for them. Or I could adopt a limp and use a walking stick to go everywhere.

In some situation, charges of fraud by misrepresentation could be brought against someone who deceived another as to their medical status in order to obtain benefits to which they were not otherwise entitled. But it doesn't apply to toilets as there are no laws or contractual obligations restricting their use.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Can someone help me find actual written laws on the subject? The legal team of Me, Myself, and I, is on it, but I'm better at reading law, than finding it.

You can find most legislation at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

It depends what you're looking for, but I think the only relevant statute would be the Fraud Act 2006:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/contents

This is a synopsis of the act:
https://www.marymonson.co.uk/useful-information/fraudulent-misrepresentation/

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
If I'm wrong, you can mercilessly tickle me.

Yay! Tickle attack!!! :hugpile:

- - - Updated - - -

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Nice to know you do have a functional need. Without it, you wouldn't have been able to get your key at all.

Uh... No -- that's weird. You can buy them for £1.73 on Amazon with free delivery. They're not hard to get. You don't need a doctor to apply for one. :-/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easy-Disabled-Toilet-Access-Handle/dp/B06XW9JTPP/

- - - Updated - - -

RebeccaHime said:
In regards to the key being denied, they are able to be purchased online without proof, the sites arent legitimate and i shant go getting links for this reason.

Even Argos (a famous High Street brand everyone knows) sells them... although they're £7.99 there:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5441365

I bought a RADAR key myself as there are a few wheelchair-access gates that are locked with them, and it's a lot easier to unlock the gate to get my bike through, rather than heaving it up on one wheel and wriggling round the kissing gate.

Well, now, I shall take my tickle attack without a fight. But since disability fraud is legal there. British governmental Santa, m'I cixelsyd! I tnaw a radar yek, na Ecnatsissa God, dna a ynop!

This is hilarious! That was just a joke. I'm a bit gobsmacked right now

tiny said:

That's not the case in UK law. It's not illegal for a continent, able-bodied person to use the disabled toilet, even if the other toilets are empty. It's not even illegal for a man to enter the ladies' toilets, or for a woman to enter the gents'.

Nope -- faking a disability is perfectly legal. I can perfectly legally wear diapers 24/7 and tell a friend that I have a purely medical need for them. Or I could adopt a limp and use a walking stick to go everywhere.

In some situation, charges of fraud by misrepresentation could be brought against someone who deceived another as to their medical status in order to obtain benefits to which they were not otherwise entitled. But it doesn't apply to toilets as there are no laws or contractual obligations restricting their use.

You can find most legislation at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/

It depends what you're looking for, but I think the only relevant statute would be the Fraud Act 2006:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/contents

This is a synopsis of the act:
https://www.marymonson.co.uk/useful-information/fraudulent-misrepresentation/
Yay! Tickle attack!!! :hugpile:

Uh... No -- that's weird. You can buy them for £1.73 on Amazon with free delivery. They're not hard to get. You don't need a doctor to apply for one. :-/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easy-Disabled-Toilet-Access-Handle/dp/B06XW9JTPP/[/SIZE]

Even Argos (a famous High Street brand everyone knows) sells them... although they're £7.99 there:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5441365

I bought a RADAR key myself as there are a few wheelchair-access gates that are locked with them, and it's a lot easier to unlock the gate to get my bike through, rather than heaving it up on one wheel and wriggling round the kissing gate.
Yeah, it was weird. That poor family was actually told yes, every time they applied, and for some reason, still had trouble. I just feel bad for them. Peekaboo, SiySiy, I see you. Go ahead. Tickle away.:hug:

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:

Well, I can't speak for the UK but there are no laws prohibiting a normal person from using the handicapped stalls or family rooms. At least not until you dive into the new North Carolina "bathroom bill". Unlike handicapped parking spaces which are reserved (by law) for the disabled, handicapped stalls are for accomodating the handicapped, not reserved.

However, it is generally considered immoral to use one IF a handicapped person is waiting to use it. IF the stall (or family restroom) is empty, then it is ok to use it.

Now wheter needing it to facilitate a diaper change (regardless of physical need) is consider appropriate or not can depend on the situation. Most often enough, diapers are not outwardly noticable. And with enough practice/mobility, one can usually change in a normal stall too. I supoose this is a bit of a grey area, but under most all cases would be acceptable (especially for the physicaly incontinent).

So I guess a few things got confused. Let me straighten it out. I have the results with me whether it is legal or illegal but I will save that for another time.
If two people go into a toilet cubical or toilet lockable doors whatever you call them :dunno: Whether it be 2 men or women. They are not IC or suffering any mental issues. They are as sane as they will get living in this world:biggrin:
So one of them changes the others nappy in a public toilet. The doors are locked nobody can get in.
Do you think it would be illegal?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Well, now, I shall take my tickle attack without a fight. But since disability fraud is legal there. British governmental Santa, m'I cixelsyd! I tnaw a radar yek, na Ecnatsissa God, dna a ynop!

:

https://youtu.be/dDZzl9AyXeg

Angellothefox said:
So I guess a few things got confused. Let me straighten it out. I have the results with me whether it is legal or illegal but I will save that for another time.
If two people go into a toilet cubical or toilet lockable doors whatever you call them :dunno: Whether it be 2 men or women. They are not IC or suffering any mental issues. They are as sane as they will get living in this world:biggrin:
So one of them changes the others nappy in a public toilet. The doors are locked nobody can get in.

the short answer is no it is not legal

but two people using a normal cubicle would cosy to say the least.

Not much room not even for a Little one, hee, hee.

- - - Updated - - -

littleisaac said:

OK now my Little bro is pushing buttons like me.

is this a classic case of monkey see monkey do.

siysiy said:

the short answer is no it is not legal

but two people using a normal cubicle would cosy to say the least.

Not much room not even for a Little one, hee, hee.

- - - Updated - - -

OK now my Little bro is pushing buttons like me.

is this a classic case of monkey see monkey do.

Wait. Does the UK really have a law which specifically states no more than one person can occupy a cubicle/stall or sincle person restroom at a time?

That doesn't make sense. What about some parent trying change a 2 year old, or showing a 3 year old how to use a public toilet then? And as others have pointed out, what about a caregiver helping the disabled?

As long as you are NOT engaging in a sexual act, then I fail to see why helping to change another adult's diaper would be illegal.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:

This is hilarious! That was just a joke. I'm a bit gobsmacked right now

Huh? I only just saw this. No -- fraud is illegal in the UK. Lying isn't.

Angellothefox said:

It would be legal if it was not considered to be a "sexual act".

I'm not sure whether the courts would judge such an ABDL nappy-change to be a "sexual act" or not.

tiny said:
Huh? I only just saw this. No -- fraud is illegal in the UK. Lying isn't.

It would be legal if it was not considered to be a "sexual act".

I'm not sure whether the courts would judge such an ABDL nappy-change to be a "sexual act" or not.

Ok. Well as we know abdl is not based on sexuality, so an abdl changing another abdl's diaper would be in the clear. With a fetish though, you'd be in touble.

Slomo said:
Ok. Well as we know abdl is not based on sexuality, so an abdl changing another abdl's diaper would be in the clear. With a fetish though, you'd be in touble.

Do we? I think the jury might be out on that one.

Exposing your genitals to another person as part of a fetish, rather than for any practical need might well be considered a "sexual act" in the eyes of the law.

But I'm not a lawyer.

Slomo said:
Wait. Does the UK really have a law which specifically states no more than one person can occupy a cubicle/stall or sincle person restroom at a time?

That doesn't make sense. What about some parent trying change a 2 year old, or showing a 3 year old how to use a public toilet then? And as others have pointed out, what about a caregiver helping the disabled?

As long as you are NOT engaging in a sexual act, then I fail to see why helping to change another adult's diaper would be illegal.

That's not what I meant.

Two people can share the same cubicle, you can have as many people as you like in one cubicle.

I am talking about normal cubicles you get in public toilets not disabled ones or changing rooms.

that is what I meant is that about not being much room to move.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Siysiy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back