Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hey all! So after years of waiting, I finally got an opportunity to buy real ABDL diapers! I found some little paws on sale on Craigslist, and I had the courage to buy some!

They are absolutely amazing [emoji173]

I do have one concern, though. They are leaking out of the top when I pee while laying on my back. Any way to prevent this?

Overall, these things are incredible! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yooo said:
Hey all! So after years of waiting, I finally got an opportunity to buy real ABDL diapers! I found some little paws on sale on Craigslist, and I had the courage to buy some!

They are absolutely amazing [emoji173]

I do have one concern, though. They are leaking out of the top when I pee while laying on my back. Any way to prevent this?

Overall, these things are incredible! [emoji3]

Yes, and leaks are a chronic problem with diapers like these. You need to wear a properly sized diaper that extends up to your actual waist line (near your belly button). This gives the diaper enough material to absorb the pee before reaching to top edge. Unfortunately, that also makes it a trade off for leaking around the legs.

As an alternative, some will point down as a way to reduce leaking over the top (if that's even an option for you). Others just make sure to only release pee in small amounts to give the wetness time to wick away.

I know none of therse are good options, but they are ways to work around the diaper's limitations. Alternatively, next time try wearing a two tape, second, chance, type of diaper- which does not use a tape landing zone. They are known for providing a better and more secure fit thwt won't be as prone to leaking.

Heh. I think some ABDLs sell these diapers for a loss on Craigslist just so they can meet other local ABDLs. There's a person who lives not far from me who always seems to be advertising bags of Little Paws and other ABDL diapers for half-price.

That's a great find!

My local craigslist usually only has crummy store-bought brands at a ridiculous markup, which is shocking because there are quite a few AB's around my area, you'd think someone would want to sell some of their excess items.

With regards to the leaking, I've never had ABU brands leak like that, but I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with what position you are in. For instance if you are laying back at an angle or slight incline then gravity will force your urine upwards or downwards. Penis position could be the cause, if it's pointing upwards and near the front elastic waistband of the diaper then a leak is very possible. I often tape up with my willy down or in the front centre of my diaper to prevent the risk of leaks.

Once again, great find. Hope you enjoy em' :)

Awesome find! I only ever see terrible low quality medical diapers on Craigslist. I've never had an issue with little paws leaking on me, but if you wet in smaller amounts this may help prevent this issue.

Its leaking out the top because they are either too small/big for you or you arent pointing your dong downwards

Yooo said:

As with any diaper you're going to need to leave a channel on the crotch for drainage. People that are new to thicker diapers often tape them up so they're pulled up as snug as possible and pressing up against their junk, and that's just not going to work out well. Keep them snug around your legs but not snugged UP against your crotch. Let urine flow from the upper crotch down and be absorbed by the padding in the lower crotch, where it will wick out into the back padding.

Once you get the hang of that I'm sure you'll find the capacity in the paws is great and the chances of a leak are very low.

Cottontail said:
Heh. I think some ABDLs sell these diapers for a loss on Craigslist just so they can meet other local ABDLs. There's a person who lives not far from me who always seems to be advertising bags of Little Paws and other ABDL diapers for half-price.

That is more lilely someone who is constantly going through a binge purge cycle. If you're buying from this guy a lot, you may want to enquire about it with him so as to help save his mental health.

- - - Updated - - -

Poofybutt said:
That's a great find!

My local craigslist usually only has crummy store-bought brands at a ridiculous markup, which is shocking because there are quite a few AB's around my area, you'd think someone would want to sell some of their excess items.

With regards to the leaking, I've never had ABU brands leak like that, but I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with what position you are in. For instance if you are laying back at an angle or slight incline then gravity will force your urine upwards or downwards. Penis position could be the cause, if it's pointing upwards and near the front elastic waistband of the diaper then a leak is very possible. I often tape up with my willy down or in the front centre of my diaper to prevent the risk of leaks.

Once again, great find. Hope you enjoy em' :)

The position you're in shouldn't make a difference (well, except maybe upside down). If a diaper is constantly leaking, and you've tried adjusting the fit alread, it's more likely a failure of the diaper.

I've sold a number of diapers through Craigslist before, typically ones that I just decide I don't really need anymore, or don't like the fit of. Gotten rid of Cushies, SDKs, Magnificos, and others that way. There was one buyer that I chatted with for a little while after the transaction, but otherwise I keep it professional and don't try to invade their privacy. It's probably uncomfortable enough for them to meet up with an unknown person to buy diapers.

Slomo said:
That is more lilely someone who is constantly going through a binge purge cycle. If you're buying from this guy a lot, you may want to enquire about it with him so as to help save his mental health.

That's an interesting thought. I'm inclined to think otherwise, though, because it's sooo frequent. Although maybe the person also has multiple personality disorder, and both of his/her personalities are ABDLs with binge/purge cycles that are out of sync. I don't know if I need that kind of mental health challenge on my shoulders at the moment! (* imagines Gollum from Lord of the Rings fighting with himself over whether to wear diapers *)

I haven't bought anything from him, by the way. I've just observed his near-constant listing of ABDL diapers.

bambinod said:
As with any diaper you're going to need to leave a channel on the crotch for drainage. People that are new to thicker diapers often tape them up so they're pulled up as snug as possible and pressing up against their junk, and that's just not going to work out well. Keep them snug around your legs but not snugged UP against your crotch. Let urine flow from the upper crotch down and be absorbed by the padding in the lower crotch, where it will wick out into the back padding.

Once you get the hang of that I'm sure you'll find the capacity in the paws is great and the chances of a leak are very low.
Thanks for that tip! It's definitely different, as I am new to all of this. I did that, and it holds a lot more. It just seems to me that these are a little short for me, then. I have a 33" waist, but these don't reach even close to my belly button. Should I try large next time I buy?

Yooo said:
Thanks for that tip! It's definitely different, as I am new to all of this. I did that, and it holds a lot more. It just seems to me that these are a little short for me, then. I have a 33" waist, but these don't reach even close to my belly button. Should I try large next time I buy?

It sounds like it. ANY diaper, regardless of manufacturer, is intended to fit properly, and is specifically made based on a person's waist. They are supposed to feel big when you put one on as they are diapers, not tighty whities. ALL diapers need to have a snug (but not tight) seal completely all the way around the legs, and to be snug all around the waist band (not the hips or belt line).

If they can't do that, then either the size isn't right or the cut of the diaper isn't right. As disappointing as it may be, if this is the case then you just need to move one to a different brand. Hopefully one that does fit your body shape. It is a LOT of trial and error for everyone. And often what we think is a right fit at first, with enough experience we learn is just plain wrong. There is a learning curve involved with finding the right diapers, just keep trying out different brands. You'll get the right ones eventually.

I had this problem also at one point. Having only had experience with cloth diapers, disposables were new to me. On the Abena website I found a video that showed how to prepare and put on a diaper. Stretching it out and folding it length-wise down the middle creates a trough from front to back. Pointing myself down was another point I had to learn. Both of these methods helped reduced the front leakage for me but I still find an issue with leakage around the leg openings at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back