can we cure this fetish ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
Again, my screen name is slomo, not silm or slim. And you're very welcome.

Teeheehee........oh the horror! My, what one little letter can do. This is why spelling is so important, said the once past English teacher who sadly was and still is, bad at spelling, or perhaps I should say...speeling.

Hey, who admit that I was wrong and I correct it and I am moving on. Now let's get back to the topic.

OP - why would you want to stop? is it considered unacceptable in your society? you say your life would be easier,,,

Perhaps just have a break for a while, and see how you feel? I can't really figure out why I love wearing, apart from the comfort aspect and enjoyment I feel when wetting.

Thanks everyone for your advices, sorry for the word "cure", I think it's inapropriate, maybe "Break for life is better" :biggrin:.
I want to stop because I'm tired of feeling guilty after having an orgasm in diaper, and love wearing diaper is not very acceptable in the society.
I don't have a big self-esteem and sometime I feel like "wtf are you doing with your diaper...", "Do you really want that lifestyle ?"

Maybe you are right, It's better to work about acceptance for diapers, but currently I don't want, I'm trying to break the cycle.

I think it's going to be something hard to break, if not impossible. It's bound to drive you crazy not doing so at least once in awhile. Don't feel guilty over any of it, wearing is nothing to be guilty of and who cares if it's not acceptable in society, there's a whole lot worse that people do than wearing, it doesn't harm you or anyone else. If you get caught and questioned just say "because I can" and leave it at that. It's just like someone smoking, why do they do it? It's extremely nasty and harmful to themselves and others, far worse than wearing. But it's acceptable in society.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wear for night time wetting and have since little on. I do feel guilty after masturbating in my diapers in the morning but the feeling passes because even though I enjoy them, I still need them.

I recently told my brother-in-law as he is staying with us in a small house while he gets back on his feet. This is huge and really the topic for a blog entry here but part of it is how you view it. When I told my BIL, I also mentioned that we made even John Waters uncomfortable. Instead of feeling shame for that, he told me he would consider that a badge of honor! He's right. Live a little and let vanilla society be naïve!

makena43 said:
Why do normal people think wearing and liking diapers as if its. Drugs or beer or even a bad habits. I say its not. But I like to know why.

It's partly because adults wearing diapers has been incorrectly though of as us engaging in a sexual behaviour that involves little children. Obviously we know this is very incorrect, but general society has been slowly coming around to the truth that this is not something we just chose to engage in. It is a part of who we are, no sexuality required, and certainly no children either.

- - - Updated - - -

Babybike2 said:
For me, the sexual expression of my AB/DL side can't be replaced or redirected, because its not really about sex. Sexual fulfillment for me is being intimate with my wife of 33 years. Sexual release during diaper time is really about escape from everyday life and dulling the pain. It's similar to recreational drug or alcohol use, except my body is making the drug (all the endorphins that flood your prefrontal cortex during sexual release), rather than ingesting them.

Exactly. So for you, it isn't a fetish. Like you already said, you are abdl. The fact you "include" sex with your abdl side and your wife is not withstanding. Abdl simply can NOT be cured. Fetishes though, CAN be redirected to something else (though still difficult)

Everything people do is to meet some need. If you don't know what the need is, and especially if attempts to meet if have been suppressed, it might express in less-clear ways like being AB/DL. If you can figure out what you're getting out of this, you might be able to more directly meet the need. If that happens, your AB/DL desires might lessen or go away. Focus on finding your needs, rather than eliminating AB/DL desires. If you just try to eliminate AB/DL, the underlying needs will just have to find another avenue to express themselves.

I'm going to be honest there have been stretches of years that I didn't need diapers or even want them. But it's always come back usually just as strong. I went to a therapist who poked prodded and treats me like an experiment. My fiance has turned accepting of them and I'll take that. I'll accept that I'm wierd and rock on, im not sure I could get rid of it entirely.

Bb

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I tryed to reject this part of me, but after I don't know how many years I left it for imposible.

I just turned 56 years old and have just realized a little over a year ago that I am miserable both mentally and physically whenever I put this important part of myself aside and I, like many others have been like this from age 0. I was just in a relationship for 5 years where I did not wear at all and the marriage just ended because we were both not happy. Never again!

Now, because I have accepted 100% that I am supposed to be in diapers I am very happy and so much healthier.

Embrace it! Trust me!

dl4love said:
...love wearing diaper is not very acceptable in the society.
I don't have a big self-esteem and sometime I feel like "wtf are you doing with your diaper...", "Do you really want that lifestyle ?"

Maybe you are right, It's better to work about acceptance for diapers, but currently I don't want, I'm trying to break the cycle.

Big internet HUG buddy, just know you are FULLY accepted here and we find your diapered self fabulous.

If you want to take a break it is fully understandable but don’t deny yourself for too long if you find their is a big hole in your life... Life is meant to be lived and loved not repressed or cured.

CrazySmoker said:
I tryed to reject this part of me, but after I don't know how many years I left it for imposible.

Lots of us have at various times be it binge/purge or actively seeking some intervention but for me also believe it impossible plus this is one part of myself I really don’t want to change (until wet.)

DiaperedRider said:
Embrace it! Trust me!

Yep I trust you :)

dl4love said:
Thanks everyone for your advices, sorry for the word "cure", I think it's inapropriate, maybe "Break for life is better" :biggrin:.
I want to stop because I'm tired of feeling guilty after having an orgasm in diaper, and love wearing diaper is not very acceptable in the society.

You can stop doing it but I don't think that desire can be purged. It might come and go but it always comes back. The sense of guilt and WTF-ness are honestly much easier to fix if that's where you put your energy. I'm not sure I'd have believed it until I went through years of wrestling with it unproductively. I sure wish that I had that chance and that things could have gone differently. It feels like a big waste of time being that unhappy.

dl4love said:
"Cure" is fine. We know what you mean and we understand why you feel that way. Most of us have gone through similar periods in our lives.
So true. Diaper love will never be socially acceptable in your lifetime. Accept that without judging society. This non-acceptance is neither right nor wrong on society's part, merely a fact of life.

It's good that you are tired of feeling guilty. That should give you the will to work on eliminating that guilt. I think you will agree that it makes no sense to feel guilty over something you have no control over. Like most people here, I believe we have no control at all for having these desires in the first place. I also believe they are essentially permanent and incurable. I believe this because I've never heard of a "cure" for this kind of thing, and I've been looking for many years. I hope you can at least accept this part of it and stop feeling guilty for having these desires or being unable to remove them. This is the easy part.
The honest answer here is yes and no. Yes you really do want that lifestyle. No you don't want to engage in socially unacceptable behavior. This is the hard part. You can control your behavior but you can't control what you desire. Your guilt and stress are due to conflicting desires. As a normal human being you have a fundamental desire to be socially responsible, but also, through no fault of your own, you have socially unacceptable diaper desires. Hopefully you won't lose the desire to be socially responsible. Realistically, the diaper desires won't disappear either. This is the reality you need to accept. For your greatest happiness, once you accept this, you will have to strike a balance that best works for you.

What the people here are telling you is that it can be done.

I don't think is possible... well atleast for me. I tried many times and I would have thoughts/dreams about diapers... now I just accepted it and I don't feel guilty or ashame of myself anymore. But I still keep it to myself. I really don't feel the need to tell people about my abdl side. But I'm glad that there's communitys like this. It's good to talk and know that there is many people like you :)

Uggu said:
I don't think is possible... well atleast for me. I tried many times and I would have thoughts/dreams about diapers... now I just accepted it and I don't feel guilty or ashame of myself anymore. But I still keep it to myself. I really don't feel the need to tell people about my abdl side. But I'm glad that there's communitys like this. It's good to talk and know that there is many people like you :)

The question was for curing a diaper fetish, not curing abdl. Obviously abdl cannit be "cured". Fetishes though, that's a different, and less ingrained, story.

Slomo said:
The question was for curing a diaper fetish, not curing abdl. Obviously abdl cannit be "cured". Fetishes though, that's a different, and less ingrained, story.
I'm confused... can you explained the difference between a diaper lover and a diaper fetish. I thought they were synonyms. Is that how you say it? Lol

Uggu said:
I'm confused... can you explained the difference between a diaper lover and a diaper fetish. I thought they were synonyms. Is that how you say it? Lol

Most ABDLs consider them as synonymous, particularly since a fetish need not be sexual. We've gone round and round with this. Maybe some day there will only be only one definition for a given word. Until then, there will be ambiguities. It seems like a strange hill to want to die on but I'm sure Slomo will explain.

Uggu said:

"Fetish" is probably going to refer to a mainly sexual attraction, or increased arousal or enjoyment if incorporated into sexual activity.

The "Diaper Lover" isn't so strictly centered on sexual gratification. It's often involved, but isn't required all the time for many, and some it's not involved at all or only very little.

You might compare it between a professional baseball memorabilia collector and someone that has a small collection at home. One's a bit more card-core, and has a very specific reason for doing what they do and puts serious effort into it, and the other is much more casual, flexible, and not taking it so seriously.

And it's not an "A or B" type of thing, not one or the other, it's going to be a mix of the two in an amount that varies from person to person. You might say "if you enjoy diapers, you might ask yourself, "If [1] means it's entirely sexual and [10] means it's totally nonsexual, what number are you?" (I think I'd put myself around 6-7 personally) I think there are very few that would give themselves just a 1 or a 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back