can we cure this fetish ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl4love

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi, I really want to stop that fetish. Do you have any tips for it ?
I think my life will be easier without my DL side, so I'm working about why we love diaper.

Sorry for my english, I'm not a native :biggrin:
I'm trying to find awsers on differents communities

Well why would you want to "cure" yourself? I don't think any fetish is a problem unless it is affecting your health or sanity on a serious level. Could you say more on why your life would be easier? If you enjoy being a DL you should try to find a way to have a good life and be a DL.

Plus alot of times trying to "hide" or "cure" "repressing" your feelings or desires for things can be worse then accepting it.

I have tried to quit. But no i can't. It's who we are .you can stop wearing diaper. But the urge will always be there.

I honestly think this is something you need to come to terms with. It's not something that goes away, or you can take a pill for. I don't know how young you are to this, so I think your just in the denial phase. Diapers are not harmful to you or others. Are they weird, yes, but that's okay too. Don't hate yourself, even a small part of yourself. Just because you find out something odd about yourself.

It can't be done. If anything, trying to "cure" yourself of a fetish will make your life harder. Accept yourself; as long as you're not hurting anyone or spending money irresponsibly, you'll be fine.

I dont think "cure" posts are welcome on adisc, unless my memory is incorrect.

Why would you want to "cure" a fetish? It's something you do because you enjoy it. If you're "cured" of it, that's one less thing in life to enjoy?

Diaper Fetish, yes that IS at least possible.

Most sexual fetishes can be "redirected" or "replaced" with other sexual activities. Though easier said than done, you would just replace the diapers with something else that's sexually pleasing to you.

Adult Baby or Diaper Lover, no not possible.

This is an ingrained part of who we are. Similar with being gay, conversion therapy and adversion simply doesn't work. The only thing that does work is learning to accept yourself for who you are.

I agree with slimo. Hey I was just thinking maybe you write out some guidelines for accepting yourself as an adult baby or diaper lover. I will think that would help all of us at adisc. Thank you sir silmo

makena43 said:
I agree with slimo. Hey I was just thinking maybe you write out some guidelines for accepting yourself as an adult baby or diaper lover. I will think that would help all of us at adisc. Thank you sir silmo

Again, my screen name is slomo, not silm or slim. And you're very welcome.

Sorry I keep forget to check the spelling. How about those guidelines for accepting your self for dl4love .

You're not sick, so you don't need a cure. If you wanted to cure something, address your strange desire to get rid of harmless and interesting personality quirks, rather than learning how to manage them in a positive way. It can be done and that acceptance is a far more powerful and productive force in your life than denial and repression.

makena43 said:
Sorry I keep forget to check the spelling. How about those guidelines for accepting your self for dl4love .

Uuugh, like we have said already. We have already given you all the advice and guidelines we can. YOU are the one who needs to come up with that list I was talking about, by re-reading everything and making that list up as you go.

We have tried to hold your hand (figuratively), but that clearly hasn't worked. It's all up to YOU now, hopefully with the help of your therapist though.

I have made the list and I see I need to wear diapers at work. Everyday and lots of hours and I am shock it will take a year or more. I will sit down and think about how I am going to talk to my tharpist. And. Make posts of what happen when I was wearing diapers at work so you guys can point out what am doing wrong and what I could do better for next time

Why do normal people think wearing and liking diapers as if its. Drugs or beer or even a bad habits. I say its not. But I like to know why.

dl4love said:
Hi, I really want to stop that fetish. Do you have any tips for it ?
I think my life will be easier without my DL side, so I'm working about why we love diaper.

Sorry for my english, I'm not a native :biggrin:
I'm trying to find awsers on differents communities

I'd say that would probably be one of the worst options you could in my own opinion. It's not healthy to repress any side of yourself in any way. You have to come to terms with the fact that "Hey I like diapers" and figure out how to balance it on your daily lifestyle. Nothing wrong with looking at images, reading stories or even engaging in online communities as long as you can do it in moderation. The issue arises if you do try to repress it because it'll eventually become a growing urge that wants to come out till it eventually pops like a balloon with too much air.

Slomo said:
Diaper Fetish, yes that IS at least possible.

Most sexual fetishes can be "redirected" or "replaced" with other sexual activities. Though easier said than done, you would just replace the diapers with something else that's sexually pleasing to you.

Adult Baby or Diaper Lover, no not possible.

This is an ingrained part of who we are. Similar with being gay, conversion therapy and adversion simply doesn't work. The only thing that does work is learning to accept yourself for who you are.

For me, the sexual expression of my AB/DL side can't be replaced or redirected, because its not really about sex. Sexual fulfillment for me is being intimate with my wife of 33 years. Sexual release during diaper time is really about escape from everyday life and dulling the pain. It's similar to recreational drug or alcohol use, except my body is making the drug (all the endorphins that flood your prefrontal cortex during sexual release), rather than ingesting them.

There is no "cure" to any fetish, all you can do is accept yourself for wanting to wear diapers

In my personal experience this is not something you can simply wish away. In my past when I was younger I have gone through a number of binge-and-purge Cycles regarding diapers. I would buy a number of diapers and diaper related products use them and shortly become disgusted and throw them out. Overtime I realized this cycle only created depression and anxiety, and really never helped.

It wasn't until I learned to accept myself for who I was that things got better for me. Diapers and the urge to wear them does not make you deviant or a bad person. I can't tell you why I like diapers, but I know it is completely harmless. The harm comes from an internal struggle with yourself regarding diapers. This struggle can lead to depression, anxiety, self-loathing, and destructive thoughts. You need to accept who you are and realize you are not doing anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back