Walmart parents Choice diapers stage 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went and got some :) I just could'nt resist! Butttt.... I got a different version of it. Mine have a teddy bear on them. My thoughts. They are really thin. They feel kinda like a cardboard. Which is good and bad. The bad, they feel cheap (expected) the good... they crinkle! Another good this is they are wider than Pampers size 7. The back elastic is strecthy and the sides are stronger than Pampers. The leak guards don't feel secure. Absorbency... I'm putting it to the test atm lol. The best one so far for me is Swaddlers Size 7. But for the price these can be quite nice. Still I wanted the ones posted here with the bight color designs :/

One more thing. I kinda missed how diapers felt before the 3 way absorb channels in Pampers. Who does'nt like being in a damp saggy diapers every now and then? Lol

My fault for not watching the new box design... but will get that one if a ever see it lol

You got the old ones. The new ones have totally different material.

Which do you prefer? These are thin but wow they can hold!

Definitely the new ones.

Ok, I'll bite and be "that person". What waist/hips does one need to be to 'fit' in these size 7's?

FudgedInLuvs said:
Ok, I'll bite and be "that person". What waist/hips does one need to be to 'fit' in these size 7's?

Look at the size range from 5 to 6. It is 8 lbs. And the size range from 6 to 7. It too is 8 lbs. As such, it's easy to see size 7 is 42-50 lbs.

FudgedInLuvs said:

There is no real “fit” my hips are 34” and I can squeeze into them without extenders but I still use them for added comfort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Dissertation ahead.)

For those who've missed my previous PSAs: Pampers reduced the sizes of all of their diapers this last year. The only P&G diaper that seems to have escaped is Luvs 6, which is now larger than all Pampers baby diapers. There never was a Pampers size 6 or 7 diaper that was physically larger than contemporary Luvs diapers, and even when Cruisers 7 first came out, they were no larger than Baby Dry 6 or Luvs 6. People always grab onto the larger size numbers (7!!), but... tape measures are better. (Unfortunately, a forum software update shortly after that post invalidated all the image links. D'oh!)

I picked up some Parent's Choice 7 diapers today--the latest diapers with the red/green Christmas print on them. The measurements are:

• Length when stretched completely flat: 22.25 inches
  • Tape-to-tape with tapes unfolded but elastic wings not stretched at all: 16.25 inches
  • Crotch width when stretched completely flat: 9 inches
  • Taping panel width: 7 inches
I then reached for a fresh Luvs 6 diaper, purchased from the very same Walmart. The measurements were as they have been for years:

• Length when stretched completely flat: 22.25 inches (identical)
  • Tape-to-tape with tapes unfolded but elastic wings not stretched at all: 15.25 inches (one inch shorter)
  • Crotch width when stretched completely flat: 9 inches (identical)
  • Taping panel width: 7 inches (identical)
You'll notice that the only place where the Parent's Choice diaper was larger was in the unstretched tape-to-tape measurement. Although that sounds important, a better question is: Which can be stretched furthest?

Unfortunately, I'm not (yet) the best to judge this. As an "old hand" when it comes to stretching P&G diapers, I can stretch the back of the Luvs 6 diaper out to 38 inches tape-to-tape. If you don't believe me, here's Cruisers 7 that I stretched out to a full meter--over 39 inches.

I spent some time playing with a Parent's Choice size 7 diaper just now, and...I did my best, but I couldn't get the tape-to-tape measurement past 32 inches without the tapes tearing away from the elastic, and I was being very careful.

So, although I may revise this later, here are a couple more measurements:

• Cottontail's best tape-to-tape, maximum stretch Parent's Choice 7 measurement: 32 inches
  • Cottontail's best tape-to-tape, maximum stretch Luvs 6 measurement: 38 inches (6 inches longer)
Now, the Parent's Choice elastic is constructed a bit like Huggies elastic, despite that the diapers are otherwise much closer in construction to Pampers/Luvs. Given this, it's probably possible to hyper-extend the tapes using a flat iron, which is a trick I've used on Huggies before. But that's a lot of trouble. :)

In the end, while I'm sure this wrecks Christmas for a few of you, I'm forced to conclude that Parent's Choice 7 is probably not, in any way relevant to ABDL use, larger than Luvs 6.

---

Buuuuutttt...

All that said, I have to mention something about these Parent's Choice diapers that I really like: The elastic on the wings is not only much sturdier than on Pampers (the cloth-like exterior doesn't easily peel off), it's also very compatible with the Velcro on the tabs. Why does this matter? Well, it means that you can tear the wings off of one of these diapers and...voila! Diaper extenders! Super handy. For that reason, I'll still declare these to be among the more ABDL-friendly baby diapers, as even the larger-waisted among us can put them on without much effort (rise issues aside). Not sure yet if I'll be buying more when my box runs out, but so far, I'm definitely enjoying them!

1.785693 thumbs up!

Toodles!
~Cottontail

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the good info!!

Uggu said:
Wow thanks for the good info!!

No prob. And to your photo comment about the old Cruisers 7 "3-Way Fit": Yup. Those ruled. R.I.P. Pampers Cruisers 7. You were a good diaper--a few years ago.

Well, I'm not at ALL certain whether or not they're the old/new version or what as I didn't buy them myself...but, if it matters at all, I can confirm that these are sort of lousy for their sort of 'target audience' for use at nighttime. Per a family member (nephew) that frequently stays the night at my parent's house.

Initially, it seems like their bigger size is their only real selling port for right now, and not so much absorbency.

Dan09 said:
Initially, it seems like their bigger size is their only real selling port for right now, and not so much absorbency.
Yeah. I'm still catching up on these diapers, but the existence of an overnight version--sadly, it seems, not available in size "7"--suggests that the normal version is less absorbent than it could be.

That said, a brief update on the performance of these, now that I've had a chance to use them a couple of times:

I don't often wear store-brand baby diapers, but I've noticed that, in general, the baseline absorbency of these seems to be a notch above the normal Pampers/Luvs/Huggies absorbency. This holds true for the Parent's Choice 7 diapers, at least for me. I've now twice "flooded," and where a Baby Dry or Cruisers diaper would have a lake sloshing around in it, these Parent's Choice diapers have remained "solid-state." :)

(EDIT: For clarity regarding the "twice flooded" comment above: One "flood" in each of two diapers.)

So I'm happy there.

Walmart sells their own exclusive "Super Absorbent" Luvs diapers, though, and if you're after big absorbency on the cheap, I suppose I'd still give those the edge. They're right up there with the best nighttime diapers.

As for durability, I've noticed that the edges of the taping panel are prone to detachment. This hasn't caused any issues during my hour or two of playing with these, but over longer periods, it might. (I'm wearing these diapers self-extended with elastics removed from the previous diaper, as discussed in my earlier post.) Also, Kimba mentioned that the padding in these falls apart pretty quickly, even when dry. Although I haven't managed to keep mine dry for more than a few minutes :)blushie:), I have noticed that the wet padding gets a tad clumpy straight off, so I can probably corroborate her report. Whether that has an impact on the function of the diaper, I can't yet say.

Lastly: I did a super-saturation test this morning and took a bath wearing these. Yes, always a (fun) risk. As most do, these diapers become ultra swollen when fully immersed in warm water. But! They get a pass, as they didn't exlode, even after a 30-minute full-immersion soak. The Super Absorbent Luvs have passed this test also, but...DO NOT try this with Huggies Overnites unless you're prepared to scoop SAP globs out of the drain!

Last edited:
Notice: I've heard parents choice leaks; use caution.
either test in the tub or have a back up diaper over that, so
you can be sure they hold.

Agent66 said:
Notice: I've heard parents choice leaks; use caution.
either test in the tub or have a back up diaper over that, so
you can be sure they hold.
Leaks...when worn by babies? Or by us? :) Big difference! The reviews on Walmart.com (4/5 stars) seem on-par with Luvs and other big-name diapers. I.e., they're mostly positive with some horror stories sprinkled in. I don't think we have any statistically significant evidence of how these perform, in general, when worn by adults. A few random data-points, perhaps...

On a related note: I sort of enjoy reading baby diaper reviews. The negative reviews for any particular baby diapers seem to fall mostly into one of two groups: 1) A new parent who's simply unacquainted with the limits of disposable diapers, and 2) An experienced parent who's settled into his or her groove and is incensed that a diaper manufacturer would make any kind of change "after all these years." :)

To be clear: I'm not really defending the Parent's Choice diapers. I've been wearing them for a couple of weeks now without issue, but a lot of that probably boils down to practice. I've been adapting disposable baby diapers to my body for most of 30 years, so I've got the positioning of everything (relative to my own anatomy and all) figured out. I've found that if I stick with my old strategies, most size 6/7 baby diapers will grant me a single accident-free wetting. When I experiment, though, all bets are off, regardless of the particular baby diaper. None of them are intended for us, after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back