Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: updates and something BIG in the works.

Default updates and something BIG in the works.

Heres some updates for ya.

getting a job. (woot)
    getting a car soon (woot x2)
    getting ready to blow TBE away with a big sound system.

all highs replaced, all subs replaced, all car amps phased out. RCA lines phased out, external power supplies removed. All wires replaced.

A new super-subwoofer is in the room. 20hz never felt so good.
    A new amplifier in the room, 1KW of juice.
    All new complex crossover network, 5 way split.

magnetic sheeting protecting my monitors from the sheer power of the new magnets.

100lb of woofer.
    10lb of tweeter.
    15lb of midrange.
    1000 watts RMS power. think you can handle it?

just 1 woofer.

CS Designs.

Thats ridiculous... Why would you EVER need all that stuff... o.0 ( The speakers... )

Congrats, where will you be working?

Get yourself a Geo.. you won't be dissapointed... I did and a tank of gas has lasted me from since I bought the car till today and its still almost 1 quarter full... rofl... that car is ridiculous... and i drive 15 miles a day.. 20 to work...

Basshead all the way, want to get a Honda CRX and drop 2 18s in it so bad.

and it'd be Subway, hell's to the yea, free cookies for the win.

BabyWolf

I had a friend once who bought a Yaris (trashy little thing with an unsafe instrument setup). Before he even paid it off, he dropped a $1000 sound system in it. Hilarious thing was, it drew so much power that it caused voltage dips and spikes in the car's electrical system, causing the headlights to dim when the subwoofers fired and within a just few days it actually fried the car's computer chip. He had to take it back to the dealer and have them fix it (at least it was under warranty). He had to install 2 huge capacitors in the trunk just to handle the power drain.

Lessons learned:

1. It's a Yaris. It is not, and never will be, a pimpmobile. It's not cool. Get over it. You'll get a cool car some day.

2. If you buy a tiny little Japanese car with a tiny engine and alternator, it probably is not a good idea to put a huge-ass sound system in it.

3. If you DO this, make damn sure you install a capacitor so you won't be causing voltage dips and spikes.

Yeah, I picked him up and took him to class while his car was in the shop, but I SO wanted to laugh and say, "You dumb shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Mysika View Post
    What's the point of silly loud expensive speakers?
    Bassheads.
    There is competitions for loudest car stereo where you can win some big money.
    It's a hobby.

Also, that sounds pretty sweet Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyWolf View Post
    I had a friend once who bought a Yaris (trashy little thing with an unsafe instrument setup). Before he even paid it off, he dropped a $1000 sound system in it. Hilarious thing was, it drew so much power that it caused voltage dips and spikes in the car's electrical system, causing the headlights to dim when the subwoofers fired and within a just few days it actually fried the car's computer chip. He had to take it back to the dealer and have them fix it (at least it was under warranty). He had to install 2 huge capacitors in the trunk just to handle the power drain.

Lessons learned:

1. It's a Yaris. It is not, and never will be, a pimpmobile. It's not cool. Get over it. You'll get a cool car some day.

2. If you buy a tiny little Japanese car with a tiny engine and alternator, it probably is not a good idea to put a huge-ass sound system in it.

3. If you DO this, make damn sure you install a capacitor so you won't be causing voltage dips and spikes.

Yeah, I picked him up and took him to class while his car was in the shop, but I SO wanted to laugh and say, "You dumb shit."
    Thats why im backing up my electrical system, the silly little stock 60A alt is not gonna back it up at all.

im getting 2 iraggi 300a alts dropped into it, upgrading the big three to 0/3 awg knukoncept wire. adding 4 batteries (all DC3100 white top bats)
    changing the starter battery to a Kinetik HC600 (small but mighty, beats the shit out of stock bats)

and I just bought the second massive woofer.

I will drop real numbers after I get TBE up here, if these woofers are enough for ME to be impressed by them, you know they are really something.

Butterfly Mage

Coolness with the sound system.

I made a promise to myself that my next car has GOT to have a decent sound system. I want one with at least 6 speakers, a bass tube, iPod, aux, and a flash drive reader.

My current jalopy (a 10-year-old Accord) has a four puny speakers, a busted tape deck, and a worn-out CD player that can't even read MP3/WMA. Heck, it can't even read rewritable discs! Egads.

On the bright side, it's paid for, heh heh.

Alrighty.

lets drop it with a hard and fast hit, while its on the ground punch it in the throat- wait, we're not talking assassinations?

meh, lets just drop the friggen specs

18" dayton audio DCS450
    6.2 cubic foot sealed box (its getting tuned with a radial when I get around to it)
    one thousand watts.
    low 140s on music.

she gets real loud.

welcome for all visitors that want to hear this shit