Does anyone else mix it up with different brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone, I have a simple question, does anyone else like to routinely change to different brands?
I love wear different diapers for different companies, all of them a premium brands so they all hold about the same, I just get bored with wearing the same thing over and over, also I find that because I do wear a lot that changing it up keeps me from getting chaffing points on my hips because each different brand has a slightly different material / shape.
Yesterday I wore tykables all day, last night I started to feel a little itchy on the top of my hips so after I showered I put on a kiddo, today will be a little paws day.

what'cha think?

attachment.php

Yes and no. I generally try to get the same thing every month, because I need to have reliability for obvious reasons, so if I have a product that works I generally stick with it.

But, I periodically get products to try, I am especially on the hunt for something that is in the price and performance range of Abena L4s because of the continual discontinued scares. I haven't found anything yet though, I dislike the taping system ABU uses, and Dry 24/7s shell, while super reliable, is uncomfortable compared to the Abenas. I did recently add Bambino Magnificos to the rotation, but they're too expensive to rely on exclusively. I have high hopes for Tykables when they release Size 3. And hopefully if they do become the new "go to" diaper for me, they stay in stock and they release an all white version. While I love the print, there are occassions where a print isn't what I'm feeling or isn't appropriate.

I love having a variety to pick from! Right now I group my stash into work diapers, and weekend diapers. The weekend ones are thicker, like Little Pawz and Dry 24/7s, while my work diapers are typically ones I can fill up over the course of a work day. Right now, those are M4s, BareBums, Tykables Pleather, and Tena Slip Maxi.

I find that I have to have a variety of diapers around. It doesn't need to be a large variety (currently it is ABUs, original Tena Slip Maxis, and Betterdry), but if I don't have some variation it's a lot easier for rashes to develop. So for practical reasons if nothing else, I buy various kinds.

I like to have the right tool for the job. With diapers, that means having a variety from thin to thick. I'm finding lately that I use the low-mid range most often, so I've got more like that but if my wearing patterns change, I should at least be able to cover it for a bit until a new diaper order arrives.

ABU Super Dry Kids, Lavander, Space, Bambino Classico, Bambino Bellisimo, Tykables Overnights! If I could pick my favorite right now it would be Tykables Overnights.

Yes - for the same reason i.e. not always stressing the same areas of skin. I try to keep a couple of different options of each absorbency on the go, for optimum 'wear levelling' (geeky reference to digital storage media). At the moment:
High = Betterdry / Bellissimo : Medium = iD Slip Super / Molicare Slip Maxi / Abena M4 : Low / hybrid = iD Slip Extra+ / Tena Slip Original Maxi
Often I will have at least one option undergoing trials at the same time, the next will be Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima, competing for a place in the high capacity rotation.

Another good reason to keep at least two options going in each category, is to deal with supply chain issues. If one brand or type experiences a shortage or interruption in supply, or a threat of imminent design change, it's good to have a trusted alternative that you can hot-swap to without stress. I learned this the hard way when the traditional Tena Slip was discontinued a couple of years ago. At that time, I was not so relaxed about having a visible nappy bulge in my jeans, so I valued the thinness of the Tena Slip. For me it was the best combination of discretion, fit and performance (I was 24/7 at the time both for wets and messes). When the end of production was announced, I didn't have a trusted replacement properly tested and ready to take over from the Tenas, resulting in a massive panic-buy of literally dozens of cases just in case it took a long time to find something suitable.

Oh, yes indeed!
I've discovered after years of practical application, that no 'One' manufacturer makes everything I need, the way I need it (differing tasks/routines apply).
If hanging-out at home, a simple pull-up during the day suffices. A different Brand with more protection for night/sleeping. A wholly different combination for when I have to leave home for any length of time (extra protection required).

Best thing I can suggest to anyone dealing with incontinence? Try as many different Brands/boosters/etc., as you can, till you find the right combination for your needs!

B.

- - - Updated - - -

lol

Well-done, Bambinod! That's a decent arrangement you've got there!

B.

I also like to keep and use a wide variety of diapers, pull ups and pads, mainly to keep diaper rash at bay but i also just like having different options and different absorbency levels to suit my particular need. when i just needed to wear at night i only kept tabbed diapers of the heaviest absorbency available, now i have 3 different brands of heavy diapers for night plus 8 different brands for day as well as 3 different kinds of pull up and 4 different kinds of pads. I dont always get it right for how much diaper i need and sometimes wind up with a heavy diaper thats only half full 8-10 hours later but more often than not i wind up leaking because i didnt wear one absorbent enough.

bambinod said:
what'cha think?

I think I’d like to apply for a job selling diapers at your store :p

Well as for me i'll say yes and no because i like to use a variety of diapers from various companies, over the years i figured that one manufacturer can't make everything i need the way i need it to i explore and its been great so far.

This thread being here right now is so funny cause I literally just went over-board and ordered 600 bucks worth of diapers today lmao ! .... i have never splurged this much in my life on em at one time.

And even though I do have a substantial stash already totalling in the 100's comprising of at least 7 of each brand and type ive ever tried.... i still purchased so much;
A case of dry 24/7 (to be my new daily, switching from tena active slip maxi with boosters or ATN with boosters),
2 bags each of space ,little paws, and lavender,
A refill bag of tena, a refill bag of ATN, a bag of Bianco ultra stretch (cause i figured i should try them finally and hold on to a few for comparison sake also, who needs prints on black friday anyway =p lol ),
A bag of kiddo, a bag of barebum and of preschool plastic (no cloth as well cause they sold out =/ boo ).
And finally I settled for a single sample of both simple and preschool cloth backed, just cause ive never tried em(i didnt/dont see a point for a bag or more of simple when I got dry 24/7's already and as for preschools, i just havent gotten to them yet), But the plus is ill get 5 bucks off when I got to order the new peekabu's.

Can you tell im ocd and need to have at least everykind they have to offer haha XD all of which i plan to juggle wearing at different times 24/7 for the foreseeable lol

Yep as the old saying goes Veriety is the spice of life.

Not normally. Once you find one that works vreat, why would you want to go back to something that doesnt.

That said, I do always have a backup brand or two, which I can use if I have orderiordering interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back