More Good (National) News... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest part of this story is that the incident delayed Walmart's opening for Black Friday. Ah.....what a pity. Imagine all those angry shoppers.

"He spent the night eating chocolate and drinking soda, then opened a pack of adult diapers and put one on"

Why is not the latter, as opposed to the former, the 'headline' on this article?

Perhaps eating chocolate or drinking soda causes one to want to spend the night in "Hell-Mart"?

Guy who was likely 'not well' in the first place???

Why does the (possible) ABDL aspect have to to be in the focus?

being homeless is not fun at any part of the year.

hope he gets the help he needs.

He's obviously done this to go to prison so at least he has a place to sleep and eat

Poor guy, it must be rough being homeless. I hope he gets help.

Ravensteel said:

It's not as bad as it's made out to be. I was homeless for exactly one week (unexpected, court order, long story). With hard day labor i got paid every day. The only reason it took me that long was so I could save up enough money to relocate in another state. Got there, and went the easier route of temp ancency work till I was able to get settled.

Anyone who stays homeless, or peddles for money, actually preferrs to stay that way. Hard work and determination is how you get out of homelessness, not breaking and entering.

That's not always true, Slomo; in some circumstances that can be true, in others you can't afford to move, you don't qualify to move into any available housing, support services have years long waiting lists . . . .
And that presupposes you CAN be employed

Traemo said:
That's not always true, Slomo; in some circumstances that can be true, in others you can't afford to move, you don't qualify to move into any available housing, support services have years long waiting lists . . . .
And that presupposes you CAN be employed

Exactly why I did day labor -while- I was homeless and without any support services. I put in the effort to earn enough money to then move.

And even severly physically disabled people Stephen Hawking, or mentally ill people like Donald Drumph, are employed. So yeah, everyone CAN be employed, IF they actually want to be badly enough.

Saying you can't find any work is a cop out in my opinion. What most people actually mean is they can't find the type of work they want, so instead go without any income (which I also went through after 9/11). That's a choice though, and not one to be rewarded with pan handling or free handouts. Though of course, I do recognize the need for support services like social security benefits- for those it is warranted for. And when appropriately awarded, is exactly what prevents someone from becoming homeless in the first place. So again, no excuses to be homeless.

Slomo said:
And even severly physically disabled people Stephen Hawking, or mentally ill people like Donald Drumph, are employed.

Yeah. If Stephen Hawking could get a job as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University, then why are so many homeless people unemployed?! Doesn't make sense, does it?

With all that free time, and access to public libraries, you'd think homeless people would become academic geniuses before long.

Ravensteel said:
I'd disagree, not at all, but I found overthere (I'm near to be homeless: Squatter with some old VW...) AB or infantil drives between some part of homeless people: Colecting pacis, thumbsucking when asleep etc. Another comon sign (it's not an clue, but it helps understand) is hard alcoholism and bad higiene. I think lot of ABs doesn't know about what they're and trying to destroy it (or themselves,) because showing suicide tendencies, abuse of alcohol or other drugs... I know something about it - I ended homeless two times, but for another causes.

tiny said:
Yeah. If Stephen Hawking could get a job as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University, then why are so many homeless people unemployed?! Doesn't make sense, does it?

With all that free time, and access to public libraries, you'd think homeless people would become academic geniuses before long.

No more sense than Drumph becoming our dictator in chief. (Presidents are elected by popular vote- which he clearly lost, dictators are appointed by a select few- like our electoral college).

Like I said, it all comes down to personal choice to stay homeless, or work hard enough to excell. And yes, libraries are free so homelss have no excuse for not improving their knowledge or skills.

Starrunner said:
Let's be clear that a number of homeless people actually do get themselves off the streets. There is a difference between transitional and chronic homelessness. I've seen many people living in the chronic state who actually have attempted to work in the past but were deemed unhireable by employers. As they spent more time on the street, they just got sicker and sicker. You may not have needed support services to get through your one week of homelessness and that's commendable, but a fair number of the homeless population are suffering from chronic illnesses, both mental and physical, which are made worse by their time on the streets. Not everyone has the same skills and abilities to survive homelessness.

There's a Catch-22 that comes into play. Many people with health problems suffer homelessness as a result, but many healthy people also experience chronic health debilitating health problems which result from their time on the street. And the majority of employers do not hire homeless people regardless of how much they want to work, nor do landlords want to rent to them because of the lack of references and bad credit ratings. Discrimination is subtle, yet it runs heavily throughout our society.

(and accepting that Trump is mentally ill, let's not forget he inherited his wealth, however, if anyone needed support services...).

Oh, I needed help and services. I was just 3 years out of nearly loosing my knees and left leg. I had in fact, just gone through a third knee reconstruction with the VA a few monts earlier. Day labor was absolutely brutal for me, but I chose to be determined.

I'm glad this turned into a layered conversation about homelessness, that is certainly an issue that needs to be addressed and one that I feel is misunderstood and under-explored.

To refocus on the topic at hand, I'll reiterate what I said about that fellow in Vancouver, not everyone who dons a diaper speaks for us. It is a little disheartening to have two similar instances of people with a possible ABDL fetish/lifestyle overstepping boundaries so close together. Yeah, at the end of the day it's unfortunate, but we must remember these people represent an overwhelming minority of ABDL's so they don't really effect us or represent our interests on the whole.

I will say that this fellow seems to be the lesser of two evils when compared to the dude in Vancouver who crossed a ton of social boundaries and committed sexual harassment. That being said, destruction of property and theft, even when carried out by a less fortunate person should still be frowned upon, but at least he did this after hours and not in front of anyone, can you imagine the field-day and hurtful press that could have transpired should this guy have jacked a bunch of baby items and threw on a diaper during the stores operating hours :no:

What I am shocked at is the relative closeness in age between these two newsworthy cases. I think the better conversation to have instead of the homelessness one is if there is an impulse control problem amongst middle-aged male AB's? I certainly hope not and I am pretty sure that there isn't, these are just isolated incidences, it just really sucks that they happened so close together and with some overlap (i.e. ages of the individuals). If it's any consolation, at least this story, while still a bit of bad press, was a lot less damning than the previous news story and the article was written in a very sparse manner, not a lot of copious detail and it didn't mention ABDL at all.

Last edited:
And this is why people have trouble coming out, seeing something like this on the news tarnishing us ABDL's name must make it harder for someone to come out.

Slomo said:
No more sense than Drumph becoming our dictator in chief. (Presidents are elected by popular vote- which he clearly lost, dictators are appointed by a select few- like our electoral college).

Like I said, it all comes down to personal choice to stay homeless, or work hard enough to excell. And yes, libraries are free so homelss have no excuse for not improving their knowledge or skills.
Let's test that theory. Using only your local public library, teach yourself organic chemistry over the next 6 months. To test the efficacy of this instruction, at the end of the period you will have to take and pass an exam with no less than a 85%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back