Ibs issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

podmuse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I’ve used diapers 24/7 for a year now. I began having wetting issues related to my OAB which was diagnosed about a year ago. I’ve had IBS for about 7 years and admittedly I’ve used diapers on and off to help. Well for about a month now my ibs has kicked back in full force and it’s awful I’ve been messing myself so frequently (used to be rare occurrences) I’m beginning to think I’m totally incontinent. What’s been happening is I feel the urge to go and then I try to make it and fail. Clean up and move on then about 20-30 minutes later I get hit with another unbearable urge to go again. Sometimes this results in another smaller accident or nothing at all happens. I read online it’s tenesmus and it’s a brand new symptom for me. Is there anything I can take to make that go away? I’m making a dr appointment concerning this in a few weeks. I’d rather not have another bathroom related issue on top of the ones I already have :(

You're doing the right thing by seeing a doctor. Your condition is treatable. In the meantime, stay away from high fiber foods such as nuts, raw veggies, oatmeal, beans, etc.

I've had IBS-D my whole life. The number of accidents and messy diapers far too many to count. There are some medications available, though I prefer to modify my diet. Common triggers for me include fried and fatty foods, eating too much, coffee and stress. Therefore, I eat smaller meals (mostly grains, fruits, dairy and veggies) and avoid fried foods. I usually don't drink caffeinated beverages. Exercise helps too. Your doctor might want to do a colonoscopy to rule out more serious diseases.

Scaramouche said:
You're doing the right thing by seeing a doctor. Your condition is treatable. In the meantime, stay away from high fiber foods such as nuts, raw veggies, oatmeal, beans, etc.

God damn, that's about 65% of what I eat, except for the beans. I'd wither away to nothing, if it weren't for veggies, nuts & raisins, oatmeal, snausages, carne asada burritos, and, of course, candy, (along with some regular food)...

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I have to add, I do have documented IBS, too. When it hits you have to get ahead of the game. As a driver, often enough, I'm far away from relief, and the pain is intolerable. I hit the first place I can find, and I've even used a guardrail, at night, under cover of darkness. More importantly here, for explaining my urge issues, is that the closer I get to a facility, the stronger the urges. No, I don't usually have recurring urges twenty or thirty minutes apart, as described by the OP, but I do put pressure on my lower belly, leaning way over, when I am on a toilet, sometimes leading to one last purge, when I thought I was done, but "felt" I had more to go. IBS sucks, and I've only had a diapered mess twice, and minimal, at that, but, for someone that doesn't do "the deuce", as a DL, that was enough to get me to react to the early warning signs.

It should be noted that I get the same horrid urges, with normal poo, when I get near the toilet, at home, especially! It's like my body knows the porcelain is right around the corner, and wants to get a head start on the pushing... Hate that!

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I have to add, I do have documented IBS, too. When it hits you have to get ahead of the game. As a driver, often enough, I'm far away from relief, and the pain is intolerable. I hit the first place I can find, and I've even used a guardrail, at night, under cover of darkness. More importantly here, for explaining my urge issues, is that the closer I get to a facility, the stronger the urges. No, I don't usually have recurring urges twenty or thirty minutes apart, as described by the OP, but I do put pressure on my lower belly, leaning way over, when I am on a toilet, sometimes leading to one last purge, when I thought I was done, but "felt" I had more to go. IBS sucks, and I've only had a diapered mess twice, and minimal, at that, but, for someone that doesn't do "the deuce", as a DL, that was enough to get me to react to the early warning signs.

It should be noted that I get the same horrid urges, with normal poo, when I get near the toilet, at home, especially! It's like my body knows the porcelain is right around the corner, and wants to get a head start on the pushing... Hate that!

- - - Updated - - -

Jamieboy said:
God damn, that's about 65% of what I eat, except for the beans. I'd wither away to nothing, if it weren't for veggies, nuts & raisins, oatmeal, snausages, carne asada burritos, and, of course, candy, (along with some regular food)...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I have had IBS-C for as long as I can remember and I either can't go out I have to go RIGHT NOW, there is no in between. I've had days where I've had to call out of work because after days of no movement, my body decides "time to make up for lost time" and I spend the entire day bent across the porcelain. I've had some close calls while I was out, and they were not fun. So much pain, all the way up through my digestive tract from end to end... ��

Actually my friend I am not a doctor I don't play one on TV but you have described functional incontinence perfectly, when your urge to go is over whelming or you have an inability to access a bathroom because of insufficient time or a double whammy like me that have regular old incontinence coupled with being in wheelchair there is no way for me to avoid the additional diagnosis of functional incontinence unless i where to feel a need to go well on the toilet, but since i dont ever really feel the need to go, I just go , yeah sounds like chasing my own tail , it's not worth the effort but that explains functional Incontinence , see a doctor get the t shirt and then burn it , you don't need it unless of course it's a onesie those are always usefull for fixing diapers .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've been starting to show IBS signs when I was in early teen years, been officially diagnosed after.

This is not what requires me to wear diapers usually but yes I used them for that to help me sometimes with IBS too.

OmiOMy said:
I have had IBS-C for as long as I can remember and I either can't go out I have to go RIGHT NOW, there is no in between. I've had days where I've had to call out of work because after days of no movement, my body decides "time to make up for lost time" and I spend the entire day bent across the porcelain. I've had some close calls while I was out, and they were not fun. So much pain, all the way up through my digestive tract from end to end... ��

I've never seen a doctor for my pooping problems so I don't have a diagnosis of anything but I basically have chronic, off/on constipation issues that I've only recently started doing something about, because all the straining and the passing of hard stools gives me what I believe are fissures. Well, I hate to call it constipation per se, because most of the time I can go, it's just that doing so is sort of a bitch. And then I can have those days where it's like, sit on toilet, go a little, leave bathroom, feel the need to go again ten minutes later, and so on. So now I've been taking generic Miralax and a fiber supplement; my dad has similar problems and has to take Miralax every day.

Last edited:
KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I've never seen a doctor for my pooping problems so I don't have a diagnosis of anything but I basically have chronic, off/on constipation issues that I've only recently started doing something about, because all the straining and the passing of hard stools gives me what I believe are fissures. Well, I hate to call it constipation per se, because most of the time I can go, it's just that doing so is sort of a bitch. And then I can have those days where it's like, sit on toilet, go a little, leave bathroom, feel the need to go again ten minutes later, and so on. So now I've been taking generic Miralax and a fiber supplement; my dad has similar problems and has to take Miralax every day.
This stuff is prescription only in the US but available OTC in all other countries it's called lactulose or chronulac it is a synthetic sugar made from lactose in milk , if you have chronic hard to pass stools this stuff is magic it's both a laxative and stool softener, and depending how you use it gives different results if taken 1 X's a day you will go 1 a day 3x's a day you'll generally go 3x's , and you adjust the dose based on your results, there is a medical use for it in encephalopathy due to ammonia build up in the blood at those dosages the directions actually reccomend diapers be prescribed , it can also be taken hourly until you have a bowel movement , it is fantastic versatile stuff. Up until just recently it was the only help for opioid induced constipation its very sweet with a slightly nutty undertone and its very easy to either take on its own or sweeten your coffee with it or add to a milk shake . I take it myself if you havent figured that out , i think its much better than miralax and its very inexpensive compared to miralax, consider talking to your doctor about it .

I try to remain as independent as possible but honestly as a full grown adult sometimes i have more needs than an actual baby, i am sensing you have arrived at much the same, ageing and illness are not fun , and many fail to face facts or admit what they know .
I just think it's better to be realistic and face up to than delude yourself till one day a caregiver gives an off color comment and reality hits you like a mack truck.

Alot of life is based on shared experiences and shared reality , so if you don't live in reality, sooner or later things are going to get ugly and out of control, or we end up demented in a home trying to rip our diapers off rather than chilling with "hey I need this thing".
Some people still live under the delusion of youth and never getting old .

No wasn't childish no fears my friend
Here's a pro tip googling bathrooms is known as bathroom mapping ... there's an APP for that go to play store or Coloplast website download "wheelmate" yes you can use it if still walk (LOL) it will tell you all the bathrooms near you , all over the world as well as everything thats known about cleanliness maintanence whats available there , set up a favorites list and if you know a bathroom not in the app you can add it and rate it, its a very handy tool. I been out of town when somebody says damn i need a bathroom now , well knowing i dont but i can tell them where to go and how to get there the fastest with my APP . It's free even !
There's no reason not to have it , but i can name 2 reasons why you should, ANY GUESSES ??(LOL).

You know a lot of people talk about it relieving anxiety but i wonder how much of that is confidence, that what ever happens is under control , using a diaper for what it's intended purpose be it voluntary or involuntary he'll when first needed to wear, I still had more feeling but i new better to just use the diaper than attempt a big stressful production to try and get to the toilet only to know I could get within site of and not make (its pretty bad when the toilet is silently mocking, shouting failure)
Or at least that's how it felt back then, today if I feel (which ain't often) no heroics ,no giving in , I do what I need to survive,and I can't see that as wrong NO matter how many times or what light I look at it , I have the easier IBS-C I say that because I have known people who had D so bad it was virtual impossible to have a clean diaper , they would go thru periods where they were under constant assault by cramping, bleeding and leakage it was like there was no time to "recover" it just drained them because it was constant , So I don't think I am so bad off , I really don't feel a need to go I just know around the time my body does its thing , the OIC complicates it some ( like if I forget my meds ) then my stool would make rabbit turds jealous , if your familiar with ampula when its full its supposed to signal the body, mine just kinda goes what! you want me to do something!

So that's my hunch its not anxiety its knowing that your covered , I mean there is an anxiety component to it anybody who ever had a public accident feels that , but it's the relief you feel knowing that's not today , because Lord knows the general public likes to pass snap judgements , I have a friend I am working with who also has epilepsy and has accidents during those , I tell her thats the great thing about IC its just a " normal day at the diaper " I am wet either way , she just doesn't want to wear everday she tries to pic out the days she's most likely to seize ! And I tell her it's wrong for the public to give you grief over the seizure or being IC from it , so if she knows that's the result of getting it wrong , Wear it everyday no more problems with variability , and she is no less a person in a diaper or out of one ( I think she feels defeated as person , both when she gets it's wrong and when she gets it right, because wrong she feels guilty she wasted s diaper ,so I am introducing her to reusable cloth , dont use it today use it tommorow if you use it no biggie wash it .

The universal theme is acceptance , we all need it , but some fight it , I fought my battle with it when depends was still a good diaper available in stores , now it's just trying to push pull or carry others to lay that burden down. I really think it will negatively effect our health until we do , I know with IBS-D it realy does a number on your guts . And it bothers me to see the struggles ABDL go thru, I mean it's a diaper, not exactly a "gateway" drug to hard core diapers it's not hurting anybody or anything but some "adults" don't handle them like adults many people handle diapers like they should still be wearing them , and there's just no reason for it , they cast shade over diapers even for people they don't know because collectively society rejects diapers. anyway as you can tell I don't feel there should be a sweat over diapers people need or want them shouldn't have a have to think about sneaking under the radar or suffer embarrassment or social stigmas , diapers are like milkshakes best thick , condemnation free and on the hips( LOL)
I read a book years ago and the main characters name was Heironmous thats a great name !

Look at 3rd world countries where woman often become pregnant young and give birth but end up IC from the birth , they are then unwanted and unwelcome in there communities because of there IC & contrast that with 1st world diaper shame , the happy medium or balance point is let the IC use diapers in peace to contain there waste and yet it doesn't happen ?

So those of us that have adjusted and accepted diapers become the outliers, IC/ABDL are those villages of women, on our own , because everyone else is not civil or adult about something so seemingly simple it defies logic . I have no idea how the human race has evolved because again were only talking diapers the savagery and stupidity just gets worse the larger the issue gets ,and diapers evolved from women packing there babies in moss and grass and changing them once a week (and people bitch about diaper rash today?) Imagine what it was back then .

In essence the only reason mankind survives is because of people like us here at ADISC who accept things and push boundries , in ever segment of society its the boundry pushers ( many of these worlds of segments interact here and get along quite well)that keep things going .

Happy Christmas if your inclined otherwise happy Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back