ABU Peak-ABU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Wow [emoji50]. Who would have guessed Abu’s latest announcement is for an ultimate premium Diaper, 6250ml makes it easily the most absorbent Diaper ever. It has dimpled plastic shell to make it smoother and quieter but it’s slightly thinner than little paws, simple, space but will swell dramatically.
The tapes appear to be the clear type like on little paws which is great but personally I would have loved a single tape
But the art work imo is no where near as cute as little paws but I’m sure some will love it. I can’t wait to get my hands on a pack in the near future to check out.
Well done abu, I love what your doing for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it looks really great! They have a video for it and it seems to swell a lot. ABU also put a disclaimer saying "You will waddle after decently wet." I can't wait for it!

D: Where would I find the video by a chance?

I am definitely gonna pick some up when they are released in December. With the highest absorbency on the market, I'm sure these will become a staple. They don't seem as thick as other brands, but based on the video when they're wet that won't be much of a problem. The only thing about them that I didn't like was the prints, I like the basic design it's just, I wish they made them with an all over print like the Cushies or Little Pawz line. Still gonna pick me up some though.

Oooh oooh I want to try them to hope they have double leg guards.

Wait? Where is the video? May you give a link please?

Abuniverse.com

tyty friend! I need to go on there anyways cx Gonna buy some here soon!

- - - Updated - - -

EEEE!!! They look so perfect!!!!!!!

I’d say that I’ll buy them as I can but... 4 tapes, its a bit of a turn down for me :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also they sell pink onesies which makes me super happy

Ugh, it's furry themed so I'm not going to even consider it. I'm sort of tired of the push of furry themed diapers and packaging. I've got nothing against furries, but it annoys me that ABDL plasters it on so many things from postcards, multiple diapers, packaging, and web design elements. Also, there needs to be a better mix of male and female models and is another annoyance. I'm mostly a straight DL, some AB, and these design/advertising choices are a big turn off for me. I wish ABDL came across as more sexuality and kink neutral. I won't be buying this diaper and more inclined to shop elsewhere.

thatguy8624 said:
Yeah, it looks really great! They have a video for it and it seems to swell a lot. ABU also put a disclaimer saying "You will waddle after decently wet." I can't wait for it!

Not that I'm denying their claim to have the most absorbent diaper, because I believe it, but the capacity test they show there (that many other brands also use to demonstrate their absorption) is slightly deceptive. These companies like to fill their diapers with water from a pitcher and make claims about how much it holds, but urine does not interact with SAP the same way water does. Urine contains salts that react with the polymer to make it less absorbent, so while I'm you you can pee a whole lot into this thing, it won't be nearly as much as the video implies, especially if you haven't been drinking a lot of water and your urine is very concentrated. This goes for all diapers that use this testing method.

I'm really excited to try these though, even if I'm not a fan of the prints.

I admit a little disappointment that they weren't going with the Magnifico style tapes because I've really fallen for them, but everything else looks amazing, so I'll very likely be giving them a shot when they're available for purchase, ^__^

I am sure these will be great and they look classic being all white with a prominent taping panel.

I also wish they were one tape per side to be perfect but at least I will have some more choice in the whole premium range.

The rest of the diaper sounds amazing but the taping panel art is a letdown. Not everyone is a fan of animal themed prints, the Little Paws were pretty cute but this for me a little much. I thought they would have went allover prints as well.

Taking the "Stealthy at first" sorta theme into account, a subtle all over pattern almost like the Kiddo diaper was what I was hoping for.
They went thinner and more absorbent which is pretty cool, but went with an animal(a lot will say furry themed) graphics taping panel, the whole thing is just sorta off putting to me :(

And they didn't even go with that Velcro taping panel like Tykables are doing with Overnights which is disappointing as well considering
these new diapers are the "Most absorbent the world", the sagging and tape popping is gonna be an issue I'd think.

Still gonna sample it but hopefully they release an all white, plain version later down the line. I'd try that for sure. For now I'll just stick with Simples(if they ever get Large back in stock), Rears Seductions and Tykables Overnights.

I agree. Not a fan of the print/furry theme on these. Also, why is a thinner diaper a GOOD thing? I won't be buying these.

bambinobaby said:
I agree. Not a fan of the print/furry theme on these. Also, why is a thinner diaper a GOOD thing? I won't be buying these.
You should buy a sample pack to try them before making a judgement call on them.

According to what i read they are thinner than the little pawz , space, and simples but swell to the point of making one waddle like a toddler with a droopy diaper[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow, I cant wait to test these, but like other have mentioned, i'm not a big fan of the art choice, now if the tape panel was like the preschools I would be all over it and loving life.
I bet these diapers are going to be like the old tena slip maxi's but on steroids, good thin start, then a huge swell up, I just hope these wick good, btw I'm surprised that the new tykables wick as good as they do, hopefully these are just as good or better.

Wow, poor Casey must not have been kidding when he said he's the only non-furry at ABU. Seriously, y'all could've let him get a word in edgewise, instead of pretty much just shooting for the sticker art you already have, sillies! I do get it. Baby animals are common in biolittle stuff, too, big time. On ABU's feed, they showed baby prints within the last decade, to now, and they're everywhere, but, seriously, that's what Little Paws are for! I will say, the critters are awfully cute, especially the giraffe, and the dragon. 3 notes to self, maybe I'll be able to stand this plastic. Save the dragon and the giraffe til last, if I can stand the plastic. It's also good for me to remember I spend a lot of time sitting, lest I miss the all-over print.

Maybe we're being difficult. After all, we're adults, so, we care about the print being balanced. Babies don't care. That's the thing about landing zones. It's easier to get the balance right, because it's not repeating all over the thing. The balance for an all-over print seems to be:

1 solid color, either behind the main print, or on the wing

1 simple, non-focal print, e.g. polka dots, or small stars or swirls, wherever the maker chose not to put the solid color

The main focal print, slightly larger, to fit our bodies, which repeats all over the diaper

Anyone else noticed that that's usually what baby diaper makers do? That wasn't directed at ABU employees, as I'm sure they've got that well figured out.

Last edited:
someguy26 said:
These companies like to fill their diapers with water from a pitcher and make claims about how much it holds, but urine does not interact with SAP the same way water does. Urine contains salts that react with the polymer to make it less absorbent, so while I'm you you can pee a whole lot into this thing, it won't be nearly as much as the video implies, especially if you haven't been drinking a lot of water and your urine is very concentrated. This goes for all diapers that use this testing.

Howdy! I completely agree, which is why the pitchers were mixed to a 0.9% salinity level, and 8 drops of blue food dye, mixed to around body temperature. Was hard to get the tempurature right because of the gaps in filming. I went by the book for what the ISO standard for testing is.

-Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back