ABU Peak-ABU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh-oh, Casey & Tod, on the same thread. bABy fight?:lol:

Last edited:
I think it's a cute concept for a taping panel, and although I'm not a furry, I can simply see it as a baby animal print. Baby animals are pretty much everywhere in actual baby diapers, clothing, and toys. My only request is that the whites of the eyes should be wetness indicators--white for dry, yellow for wet. (Ok, not really.)

All that said, for me, these diapers unfortunately fall into the YADPAD category. (Yet Another Double-tape Plastic Abdl Diaper) It's a category that, like the aforementioned yellow-eyed animals, is pretty full. I continue to wait (patiently!) for that stretchy, single-tape, cloth-covered diaper I just know ABU is going to bring out soon. :)

I'm not a furry, but I really like the panel art. It's cool that there are different designs too. And 4-tapes work for me too.

Personally I'm not that keen on diapers that swell massively. They get a bit squidgy... and the tapes are going to struggle with the stretching.

But overall they look/sound pretty amazing.

Where's the joey? Y'know? The baby kangaroo? How appropriate would that have been? I wonder what the baby animals are peeking from behind. It's a diaper. Do I really wanna know?:lol:
Cottontail said:
I think it's a cute concept for a taping panel, and although I'm not a furry, I can simply see it as a baby animal print. Baby animals are pretty much everywhere in actual baby diapers, clothing, and toys. My only request is that the whites of the eyes should be wetness indicators--white for dry, yellow for wet. (Ok, not really.)

All that said, for me, these diapers unfortunately fall into the YADPAD category. (Yet Another Double-tape Plastic Abdl Diaper) It's a category that, like the aforementioned yellow-eyed animals, is pretty full. I continue to wait (patiently!) for that stretchy, single-tape, cloth-covered diaper I just know ABU is going to bring out soon. :)
Patience, grasshopper! Breathe, and know it'll happen. Just like my diaper (not training) pants. Right, Casey?:beg::beg::beg: I mean, dude, if you wanna call them training pants, fine, but, y'know we can't be trusted.:lol: Found a manufacturer yet?:lol: You're gonna solve the fatal flaw; right?:lol: I'm just picking on you, sweetie. Take your time, and get them right. I know I'll probably die of happiness, and cuteness overload, when you do make them.

Last edited:
The giraffe design I like, it could conceivably be a regular design found on baby diapers, especially the color palette. The dog and dragon, however, look more like somebody won a contest for their furry character to be featured on a diaper.

Have to say not a big fan of the designs, while the Preschools are nice in there singular tape landing designs I feel like this one just felt too lazy, prefer something akin to Kiddos where the design is all over the diaper instead of just on the land strip

I like the 4 tapes, i like the print, the absorbency is AMAZING, i just hope they'll come in small sizing :S

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I wonder what the baby animals are peeking from behind. It's a diaper. Do I really wanna know?

Yeah, I...what the heck?! My text it pink. This is all your fault! Anyway, yeah, I had the same thought. At least there aren't animal legs sticking up on the back of the diaper. That would be REALLY awkward.

But I like the design as-is. Without a doubt, there is a humor to it. Nothing too overt, though.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Patience, grasshopper! Breathe, and know it'll happen. Just like my diaper (not training) pants. Right, Casey?

*Surrounds self with incense and assumes the lotus position*

Last edited:
I don't really understand the need for a quieter plastic, as the plastic on their other diapers really don't crinkle much at all. Do is crinkle junkies get something more crinkly? [emoji16]

With this new absorbency rating, I really hope you will implement it in the other 4 tape premium varieties. I myself aren't a fan of the print that these have.

I'll also say that a non furry, premium, variety pack printed diapers like these and Preschools would be nice as well to have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cottontail said:

. . . What the heck?! My text is pink. This is all your fault! Anyway, yeah, I had the same thought. . .

But I like the design as-is. Without a doubt, there is a humor to it. Nothing too overt, though.
*Surrounds self with incense and assumes the lotus position*
Yes, 'tis all my fault! World Pink Domination! Mwahahaha! Tell the truth! You like girly, sweetheart. No need to lie. Better yet, world pink and girly, blue and boyish, or gender neutral, diapey pants domination?
MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
. . . I don't really understand the need for a quieter plastic, as the plastic on their other diapers really doesn't crinkle much at all. Do we crinkle junkies get something more crinkly? [emoji16]. . .
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
For weirdos like me and Cottontail, crinkle is the spawn of satan!

Last edited:
Specs are surely interesting, the moment they'll release a white version (which shouldn't be too hard to do by switching the printed front panel with a clear one as they get manifactured) I'll definitely be up for giving them a try!

Very cool to see a new diaper design. Here is my feedback at a first glance. Please don't mind the attached copies for reference purposes only.

Front & Back Waistbands: AWESOME! Like on the Kiddos, these are necessary and literally look perfect:

PAB_Product_Image_06.x49878.jpgPAB_Product_Image_03.x49878.jpg

Absorbency: 6250ml!?!? Nothing to dislike here! Stoked to see this spec. I also don't mind that it will start substantially thinner and swell more. Swelling is fun and this saves shelf (stash) space.

Tapes: Looks like the new revised "tape lock technology" tapes are being incorporated. I like it, and also don't mind that they are see-through. A side note: it would be cool if ABU could look into replicating what Tykables have done with their Overnights.

PAB_Product_Image_12-600x600.jpgPAB_Product_Image_13-600x600.jpgPAB_Product_Image_14-600x600.jpgPAB_Product_Image_15-600x600.jpg

Print choice: Like many in this thread, I was surprised to see yet another furry-themed print. There look to be four different furry designs, which I find to be extremely redundant and unfortunately to quote Noodle, "lazy." I wish that if ABU was planning to roll out four separate prints in a single pack, they would expand the theme and adventure into different styles. For landing zone specific prints (which I actually prefer), I don't know what happened to the simple idea of incorporating a cute and traditional repeatable style print inspired from the past (such as the SDKs), but for some reason they are rare to come by-- Bambino Teddy comes closest. It relates to a design closer (somewhat) to these vintage Muppet Babies Huggies I used to wear in 1989, for example:

s-l1600 (8).jpg

Pastic Backing: I'm interested to see if this new "dimpled" pattern shell is superior to ABU's regular plastic backing. I've tried over 50 brands of diapers, searching for that perfect one, and the main spec I've personally disliked about ABU diapers are their plastic backing-- something about it is either too thick, or waxy, or something. I strive to support ABU whenever possible because I believe in the tremendous amount of work Casey and the team have put into ABUv2. Unfortunately I find myself trying each product only once, solely due to the backing they use. I hate to mention one of the notable factors that Bambino has done correctly is their choice of plastic backing, akin to the thinner crinkly texture of the plastic-backed diapers of our youth (like above). Not near as thin as Barebums, but in between. The crazy thing is, what Bambino uses is probably even cheaper than what ABU currently uses. Usually those who like plastic backing also like crinkle, but that is apparently reduced in the PeekABUs. Until I have one in my hands, I am skeptical that this plastic backing will be more preferable.

Final thoughts: I know I am being critical here but be rest assured: I will be ordering these and am excited for their release. I just hope, in the meantime, that ABU takes my feedback to heart.

Last edited:
Yeah, totally agree with you about the plastic. Especially on SDKs - which for me should be noisy and crinkly, as it's replicating the old school diapers. SDKs for me are a very quiet diaper.But I remember Casey said it was so people could wear them under clothing in the. I believe that's also the reason for the low-rise padding on the ABU one-tape designs (so people can fold the excess plastic over).

Casey, now that you've got a clearer daytime range, any chance you'll update the one-tape designs?

There sold out already ^^

cedwards said:
They're sold out already ^^
No. Their existence was just announced today. They aren't even available for preorder yet. That's why you don't see a price.

I'd love to see how these look on that model when they're holding 6250ml 😉

Cottontail said:

Exactly! That cloth backed with Velcro tabs is gonna be amazing. I’m excited to try these still tho. The new absorbing core sounds pretty promising. I love the idea of thin diapers getting huge when using them :p

I am a fan of the cute illustrations overall. I do prefer the all over design of Little Paws and Space though. The absorbency is amazing! I do wish they had incorporated stretchy velcro tabs I'm the diaper. Oh well, I will certainly order a pack when made available.

These look fab. Any idea when they'll be available in the UK ?

Reminds me of the Barney diapers but plastic back.
Quieter so they can wear to work.
Yea furrie prints home run Abu.
Now for pullUps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back