Rearz safaris vs ABU Cushies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockmonkey

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm trying to find diapers for my girlfriend to wear. She didn't like the Safaris because they were too think and bulky (she's new to the abdl scene). I was thinking the ABU cushies might be alright. What are everyone's thoughts on them and how do they compare to the Rearz Safaris in terms of thickness.

Why not go with ATN an build up to something awesome, let her adjust to a little bulk Instead of panties before putting her in something that's a huge step up .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I love cushies and find them easy to walk in not being silly thick between the legs.

Definitely get a sample though as not everyone likes how they fit (while I love how they fit.)

I have to admit, I have had Cushies for so long I am kinda bored with 'em. For that reason I vote for the Rearz Safari. P.S. Rearz Princess are my favorites. :eek:tkspanking:

She's been wearing bambino teddys recently too and she found them pretty good.

Cushies are usually my go to diaper.

As an AB, I really like diapers with all-over prints and I find that the single-tape design of Cushies, SDK's and Kiddo's really put me into baby mode. That being said, I like Rearz Safaris as well, but they do tend to be stupidly thick at times and they aren't always the softest or smoothest diaper, they can be very rigid and stiff. Cushies are super comfy and soft without being obscenely thick, though they are still thick enough to give you that telltale bulge and the feel of padding between your legs. If the Safaris are just too thick for her then I think Cushies or any of the single-tape diapers from ABU would make an excellent alternative.

if she liked the safari pattern but not the bulk, there are two similar thinner options available. Crinklz by Thrust Vector (BetterDry) and the Animal pattern from SaveExpress / MyDiaper.

ABU's SDK and Preschool are a moderate thickness also but with a different look. I think this is going to come down more to looks than anything, simply saying "not as bulky as a safari" doesn't narrow it down much...

So I ended up getting a couple of half mixed cases. I got ABU Space, ABU Cushies, ABU Lavenders and ABU SDK. I hope that she'll like them. If she doesn't tough, she'll have to learn to like them because daddy knows best.

rockmonkey said:
So I ended up getting a couple of half mixed cases. I got ABU Space, ABU Cushies, ABU Lavenders and ABU SDK. I hope that she'll like them. If she doesn't tough, she'll have to learn to like them because daddy knows best.

Now that is going all out!

The Space are mighty wide between the legs you know?

The ABU Vintage style SDKs, Lavender and Cushies all are the same design/fit and completely gorgeous so fingers crossed she loves them.

Argent said:

The ABU Vintage style SDKs, Lavender and Cushies all are the same design/fit and completely gorgeous so fingers crossed she loves them.

To be fair, I more or less got the space ones for when I switch. I loved the Safaris so thought the space would be a good choice too.

Argent said:

I thought the lavender were based on the space/simple/paws model? But looking at rated capacity. the space/simple/paws are 5000mL and the cushies/sdk/lavender are 4500mL so maybe I was mistaken there. It does surprise me though to see how close those two are in rated capacity.

bambinod said:
I thought the lavender were based on the space/simple/paws model? But looking at rated capacity. the space/simple/paws are 5000mL and the cushies/sdk/lavender are 4500mL so maybe I was mistaken there. It does surprise me though to see how close those two are in rated capacity.

Lavenders are definitely the ABU “Vintage” design same as SDKs/Cushies and basically Kiddos (without the excellent frontal elastic.)

I find SDKs are usually enough for me overnight but would be amazed if they were only a pint less than Space/Simples/Pawz which are out of this world in capacity as far as I am concerned.

Argent said:
Lavenders are definitely the ABU “Vintage” design same as SDKs/Cushies and basically Kiddos (without the excellent frontal elastic.)

I find SDKs are usually enough for me overnight but would be amazed if they were only a pint less than Space/Simples/Pawz which are out of this world in capacity as far as I am concerned.

I gave SDK's a shot for overnight wear but I always hit their limit and then some. They seem to be substantially lower capacity than space/simple/paws. Their rated capacity of 4,500 (vs 5,000) looks like it should be closer to 3,000 from my experience. Definitely not enough for overnight for me.

And those numbers seem high anyway. 5,000mL is over two 2-Liters. Think about that for a bit. That's completely unrealistic, and rather annoys me when I see any diaper manufacturer quote numbers that are just so far beyond reality that it feels like they're insulting my intelligence to think I would believe that. I've soaked space all the way to the back line to where they were leaking, and when I took that diaper off and rolled it up, it was only slightly larger (in volume and in weight) than a single 2L.

But they all seem to do it so there's no point in singling any one out.

bambinod said:
I gave SDK's a shot for overnight wear but I always hit their limit and then some. They seem to be substantially lower capacity than space/simple/paws. Their rated capacity of 4,500 (vs 5,000) looks like it should be closer to 3,000 from my experience. Definitely not enough for overnight for me.

And those numbers seem high anyway. 5,000mL is over two 2-Liters. Think about that for a bit. That's completely unrealistic, and rather annoys me when I see any diaper manufacturer quote numbers that are just so far beyond reality that it feels like they're insulting my intelligence to think I would believe that. I've soaked space all the way to the back line to where they were leaking, and when I took that diaper off and rolled it up, it was only slightly larger (in volume and in weight) than a single 2L.

But they all seem to do it so there's no point in singling any one out.

Agreed, not even confidry or northshore can realistically hit their rated capacies, let alone abu. It was pleasently surprised to learn betterdry actually does though. Of course, that's using the same diaper for 24 hours, which is otherwise problematic for rashes and sagging. Still, the first diaper ever that can actually live up to its rating is pretty big (especially when swollen).

bambinod said:
.... Their rated capacity of 4,500 (vs 5,000)...

And those numbers seem high anyway. 5,000mL is over two 2-Liters. Think about that for a bit. That's completely unrealistic, and rather annoys me when I see any diaper manufacturer quote numbers that are just so far beyond reality.

I totally love ABU and find their products perfect for me but 5000ml is 5 litres....

I can see Space/Simple/Pawz getting to 2 litres since they are thirsty but would really like to see how they justify 5 litres.

I hydrate pretty well and always wet a lot over night and had my share of leaks (big, small, my fault for bad fitting, product failure) but can’t imagine how long I would need to wear for 5 litres or just how big that diaper would swell.

5000ml is also about 1.3 gallons.

I'm partial to ABU pre school.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love cushies too

So my order arrived. I have used the space diapers. They were amazing. The plastic shell was no where near as hard as the rearz. It was really quite soft. Nor were they excessively wide between the legs (that's until I wet and had a messy accident in them).

My little girl loves the Cushies and lavanders. They are quite a lot thinner than the Safaris which she loves. I also love them too because they are a lot easier to cover up for going out.

rockmonkey said:
So my order arrived. I have used the space diapers. They were amazing. The plastic shell was no where near as hard as the rearz. It was really quite soft. Nor were they excessively wide between the legs (that's until I wet and had a messy accident in them).

My little girl loves the Cushies and lavanders. They are quite a lot thinner than the Safaris which she loves. I also love them too because they are a lot easier to cover up for going out.

Awesome on all bottoms!

You are a lucky couple which is the best thing to read :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back