ABU or MyDiaper's in a quiet room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm going to a city next week and want to wear an ABU or MyDiaper, although I will be in a room with two other people so it will be really quiet, do you think I could get away with it?

I tried the MyDiaper pink diapers a few months ago and felt like they were somewhat crinkly, I could hear them at least, and I was nervous my mom could too.

Which ABU / MyDiaper is the most and least crinkly/noisy? I also plan on wearing a dress too, so they're nothing I can really cover the noise with. I don't want to wear normal underwear on top, or plastic panties. Just the diaper and the dress (and tights).

Thank you all. xxx

I don't think there's much to choose between them - at least the versions that I've used - I'd put them both at mid-high crinkle. E.g. I have here in my hand ABU Lavender and Simple, and Mydiaper White and Princess, and all are based on the same structure with similar materials. Not sure about some of the less generic versions, e.g. Barebum and Space. However, wearing just the diaper with nothing over it is a recipe for crinkle whatever diaper it is! I normally wear light support panties which normally limit the rustle enough to make any diaper wearable in any environment. In fact I no longer even think about noise - I wear whatever diaper I like and never have any cause for concern once I'm dressed. You must have a specific reason for wearing just the diaper, which I would find very risky, although the tights might mitigate the risk a little.

Dear sophiaa i wear the abu preschool plastic they are very thin and not that crinkly. They also make a cloth backed preschool diaper , i dont know how crinkly they are.also if you get them scented they smell like pampers:) if you google abudiapers the website will come up.i would love to be your diapered friend give me a shout , hope to hear from you soon.

Paxe said:
I don't think there's much to choose between them - at least the versions that I've used - I'd put them both at mid-high crinkle. E.g. I have here in my hand ABU Lavender and Simple, and Mydiaper White and Princess, and all are based on the same structure with similar materials. Not sure about some of the less generic versions, e.g. Barebum and Space. However, wearing just the diaper with nothing over it is a recipe for crinkle whatever diaper it is! I normally wear light support panties which normally limit the rustle enough to make any diaper wearable in any environment. In fact I no longer even think about noise - I wear whatever diaper I like and never have any cause for concern once I'm dressed. You must have a specific reason for wearing just the diaper, which I would find very risky, although the tights might mitigate the risk a little.

I just generally don't have any plastic panties, and as the only underwear I own are thongs, I doubt it would do much to help the crinkle. As well as that, even though my dress ends just above my knees, the fact that I may be exposed in certain situations (walking up some stairs etc) kind of excites me.

Sophiaa said:
So I'm going to a city next week and want to wear an ABU or MyDiaper, although I will be in a room with two other people so it will be really quiet, do you think I could get away with it?

It all seems to be relative to how stiff the tape panel and the shell are. MyDiaper have a pretty stiff panel so they have a fair amount of crinkle to them. But on the other hand, they're a good balance of thickness that gives you good capacity along with not too much of a bulge. ABU are going to be thicker and may be more noticeable that way.

Just looking in my cabinet, the diapers with the most crinkly shells in there are Cuddlz, DC Amore Kitten, and Rearz Spoiled. (no mydiaper in the cabinet right now but their shell and tape panel are similar to Kitten) Most are of a medium sound, but a few were noticeable quieter: XP Medial A+, Bambino Magnifico pullups, Carousel, and Totaldry Plus. Totaldry Plus probably will win any contest for quietest plastic-shelled diaper, but they have a medical look to them, capacity isn't very good, and the tapes are weak - but they are very discrete looking also and have excellent leak guards. Bambino Diapers sells them though I see they've been renamed "Totaldry Ovenight" (NOT!) and have a much less medical look to them now. (and they're CHEAP)

bambinod said:
It all seems to be relative to how stiff the tape panel and the shell are. MyDiaper have a pretty stiff panel so they have a fair amount of crinkle to them. But on the other hand, they're a good balance of thickness that gives you good capacity along with not too much of a bulge. ABU are going to be thicker and may be more noticeable that way.

Just looking in my cabinet, the diapers with the most crinkly shells in there are Cuddlz, DC Amore Kitten, and Rearz Spoiled. (no mydiaper in the cabinet right now but their shell and tape panel are similar to Kitten) Most are of a medium sound, but a few were noticeable quieter: XP Medial A+, Bambino Magnifico pullups, Carousel, and Totaldry Plus. Totaldry Plus probably will win any contest for quietest plastic-shelled diaper, but they have a medical look to them, capacity isn't very good, and the tapes are weak - but they are very discrete looking also and have excellent leak guards. Bambino Diapers sells them though I see they've been renamed "Totaldry Ovenight" (NOT!) and have a much less medical look to them now. (and they're CHEAP)

Which versions of the ABU/MyDiaper's would you say are the most/least crinkly? Thanks!

Sophiaa said:
Which versions of the ABU/MyDiaper's would you say are the most/least crinkly? Thanks!

None of the ABU line stand out as especially loud. The preschool, SDK/Cushies. and now the kiddo, those are all a little quiet compared to the rest of their line, which is just a little louder.

Oh thats right they carry barebum now. I'd say those. The shell isn't very loud but the tape panel is a thinner but stiff plastic and there's a good deal of crinkle to it iirc.

Of the 1/2 dozen or so MyDiaper available, they are all made on the same exact model of diaper, they just have a different shell art on them, so they will all sound the same. their shell is about on par with the common ABU diapers, but like barebum they have a thinner, stiffer tape panel on the front that's a bit loud.

While I've gotten pretty good performance out of MyDiaper, if you want loud with really good performance (higher capacity with a ton of swelling) check out Cuddlz. The shell on those is quite loud. I was wanting to try wearing a Cuddlz to work and got changed into it and put on my pants and walked around a bit and was like, "uh.... no." And they're reasonably priced too.

(the loudest thick diapers I've tried are the Rearz Little Squirtz / Vintage line, those are incredibly loud when wet)

bambinod said:
None of the ABU line stand out as especially loud. The preschool, SDK/Cushies. and now the kiddo, those are all a little quiet compared to the rest of their line, which is just a little louder.

Oh thats right they carry barebum now. I'd say those. The shell isn't very loud but the tape panel is a thinner but stiff plastic and there's a good deal of crinkle to it iirc.

Of the 1/2 dozen or so MyDiaper available, they are all made on the same exact model of diaper, they just have a different shell art on them, so they will all sound the same. their shell is about on par with the common ABU diapers, but like barebum they have a thinner, stiffer tape panel on the front that's a bit loud.

While I've gotten pretty good performance out of MyDiaper, if you want loud with really good performance (higher capacity with a ton of swelling) check out Cuddlz. The shell on those is quite loud. I was wanting to try wearing a Cuddlz to work and got changed into it and put on my pants and walked around a bit and was like, "uh.... no." And they're reasonably priced too.

(the loudest thick diapers I've tried are the Rearz Little Squirtz / Vintage line, those are incredibly loud when wet)

Cuddlz sounds interesting, out of ABU, MyDiaper and Cuddlz, would you say any of them swell more than others or anything?

Sophiaa said:
Cuddlz sounds interesting, out of ABU, MyDiaper and Cuddlz, would you say any of them swell more than others or anything?

Definitely cuddlz. mydiaper and abu are very similar, though most abu start thicker

Sophiaa said:

Cuddlz. They swell to the most amazing amount. The swelling reminds me oh so much of baby diapers, and their absorbency is outstanding!

I'm more for confidry and betterdry myself. But which ever diaper you go with, don't worry about the crinkle too much.

Betterdry is pretty quiet, but confidry has a noticable-to-me crinkle to them. And yet, in 16 years at my quiet office with slacks on, not a single coworker has noticed. We are way more in tune with the noise than is really noticable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back