Jail/prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorbid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have to start. Jail is after arrest before conviction. If your in Canada. Two systems. Under two years. Provincial. More than two years federal.
I have ibs urge.
I was arrested in Ontario. Transferred back to Alberta.
I went to Jail, bar fight in Ontario. I was born in Alberta, family in Saskatchewan. Flight risk. Denied bail.
I am incontinent. The police brought me diapers.
I went to Jail. I made it two steps before a guy tried to fight me. The next tried to sexually assault me. I'm 6'4! 220lbs!
I only had dinner because I wasn't going to let them take it.
I fought and earned my dinner.
I'm not allowed to use the toilet.
The gut who's job is to shower me,

He will take the bear down.
I don't want to hit him,
But hes trying to touch me.
The difference is I taste his blood.
Gonna take an all out so they dont say shit

Smile. They Will feel it. Back it up.
IN a place where you are or your Not,
Will you fight for your fight to wear a diaper.
Can you fight so hard, then shit yourself.
Every man in this room, who was willing to kill you, now fight! For you! So you shouldn't sit in your own shit! To help you be clean.
That is when you meet siblings.

I often wonder what life in jail would be like for someone who is incontinent and dependant on nappies. I am a nightly bedwetter and have very little ccontrol during the day so I suspect I would have a hard time. I mean no one would want to share a cell with a bedwetter.

ST50 said:
I often wonder what life in jail would be like for someone who is incontinent and dependant on nappies. I am a nightly bedwetter and have very little ccontrol during the day so I suspect I would have a hard time. I mean no one would want to share a cell with a bedwetter.

You'd get a stack of Depends or similarly cheap institutional-grade diapers at morning and afternoon pill call, and, yeah, you'd likely not be the most popular bunkie.

I had a 10-day sentence in the county jail they put me in a medical wing with a private cell under protective custody it was boring but they just accommodated my issues and I was able to request any product I needed and it was there when I arrived from processing

Do you think you got placed in the medical wing because you were incontinent (or needed diapers) or for some other reason like suicide watch? I imagine this must have been based on a questionnaire they had you fill out. Either way, someone who is incontinent would likely be a target for "bully-type" inmates, so I'm hoping the guards would know to place incontinent people outside of harms way. I've never been to jail but have always feared what the other inmates might do to a bed-wetter!

jellyjigger said:
Do you think you got placed in the medical wing because you were incontinent (or needed diapers) or for some other reason like suicide watch? I imagine this must have been based on a questionnaire they had you fill out. Either way, someone who is incontinent would likely be a target for "bully-type" inmates, so I'm hoping the guards would know to place incontinent people outside of harms way. I've never been to jail but have always feared what the other inmates might do to a bed-wetter!

Generally, they DGAF, and generally, you don't want to end up on a SNY (Sensitive Needs Yard) a/k/a "PC Up" (go into protective custody). You'll be identified with the chomos and snitches.

For a 10 day stint, they might have just kept alannanicole in medical 'cause it was easier, but longer term I wouldn't expect that. Those cells are a limited resource.

Here are some real instances of inmates in diapers:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/special-reports/florida-prisons/article70290622.html

https://www.prisonactivist.org/alerts/ca-prison-guards-accused-cruelty-racism (notes an incontinent inmate on the 'behavior unit,' punishment - not medical - housing)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...prisoners-contraband-watch-human-rights-abuse (diapers used on "potty watch" to catch incoming contraband)

http://texasjailproject.org/2010/03/nightmare-on-baker-street—julias-year-in-the-harris-county-jail/ (A Texas jail: "A woman with advanced cervical cancer was placed in the overcrowded, general population holding cell in which I was staying. She was incontinent and in diapers, and would lose control of her bowels in the shower, which would cause a terrible odor, pervasive throughout the entire tank. Why she was not in a cell for the terminally ill or very sick is a question I cannot answer.")

https://www.hrw.org/report/2012/01/27/old-behind-bars/aging-prison-population-united-states "Geriatric incontinence puts unique demands on older prisoners. It puts them at risk of social isolation, depression, diminished independence, and even harassment and physical confrontations from inmates offended when an older person urinates or defecates in her clothes.[93]Prison bathrooms typically lack privacy; individuals who need to change their soiled clothes or diapers must endure the humiliation of doing so in public. Preserving dignity in this context is difficult.")

Etc., etc., etc.

The experience you'll have in a custodial setting will depend on the particular facility and the staff on duty at any given moment. But I wouldn't expect special handling just because you're "incontinent."

Good info! I'm surprised how California seemingly sanctions torture. Can you clarify what DGAF and chomos mean? Thanks

jellyjigger said:
Good info! I'm surprised how California seemingly sanctions torture.

Well, the CCPOA is the most powerful union in the state. Prison correctional officers are almost untouchable. Also, it's not like many sympathetic faces will be coming forward to lodge complaints...

Can you clarify what DGAF and chomos mean? Thanks

Google can.

BTW here's a case describing diapers; the guy was taken to segregation (though it doesn't appear it was directly related to him being diapered): "A nurse checked on him mid- morning and brought an adult diaper, which was seen by other inmates. Two other inmates carried plaintiff to segregation. Plaintiff complains the jail staff failed to follow rules and regulations, exposed him to humiliation and emotional suffering caused by the ridicule of other inmates due to the diaper ..."
https://ecf.ksd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2011cv3152-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back