MatalicPebble

Lily Fathom
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Is anyone else busy with school now that its getting close to Christmas? Sorry I have not been on, but I really been busy with things. I am on Thanksgiving break and have to do homework to get caught up in math. I am still able to visit with family, but dang not a lot of time.
I am so glad that my family is accepting of my babyish side. I would not be a happy camper if I was not able to have my plush's and pacifiers. I am with my family this week, so I have a room to myself so there is plenty of privacy when I am needing a break from things. (Time for my little head space)
So anyone else busy with home work ontop of the crazy Thanksgiving holiday?

I am busy with college, trying to get my GPA up. So far it is working.

Yes. Constantly busy with school. I don't have a single day off between now and the end of the term. Thank goodness I have a pacifier to suck on and some stuffed animals to cuddle, otherwise I would lose my mind.

First year college survivor here. I am a pretty strong student, but the professors are just rediculous. Apparently, I have to memorize 3 whole pages of calculus formulas, understand directions that weren't even written on an exam (I even asked my professor about that, and they were still an asshole about that), and put up with many, many other types of bullsh**ery. So yes, college is keeping me pretty busy at the moment.

I just finished up my first online semester of school for my teaching certificate . I have two undergrad degrees and a master's degree already, but would like to get my teaching certificate for primary education. This semester was a little bit difficult for me because it's been 3 years since I graduated and I'm a little bit out of practice. In grad school I was a straight-A student who prided himself on his grades. Now all I really care about is being done with the program. So I didn't do nearly as well as I should have. I still passed everything with a B, but that's hardly the standard I use to adhere to. Plus doing online classes is a little bit difficult when I'm at home watching my 6 month old son LOL.

Aaaah, yes. I remember how "busy" college used to keep me. And the over-simplified bullsh**ery professors used to follow. Man I'm glad college gave me a taste of that in preparation to the actual world. It sure would be nice going to back to college, now that was easy.....

Seriously though, If you guys think college is difficult, just wait till you're "voluntold" for 60 hours of overtime because some client knows someone else and they want a piece of paper filed before some arbitrarily assigned date. (sound closely familiar).

I've heard that those things happen out in the real world. However, at least in my opinion, no college degree is worth it. Sure, you could make about 35,000 per year as a resteraunt manager without a degree. But try working for 70,000 per year as, say, a mechanical engineer and you'll find that in the grand scheme of things, the latter takes 4 times more effort. So then you're actually doing yourself a disservice there. Oftentimes, people "have to" get a degree as an arbitrary requirement for a job, so unless that's the case, I would highly recommend avoiding 4-year colleges if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back