What are we thinking when we find the perfect diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
On another thread, bambinod talked about what said, "diaper," to people. He said he thinks, You've done it! You're wearing diapers now," and it got me wondering.

What goes through our minds when we wear the perfect diaper for each of us? Which diaper is it?

If I want mine done right, I'm either gonna have to learn to sew, or, hire a seamstress with good listening ears, and fantastic sewing skills. Mine's gonna take creativity to even accomplish, because I'm ridiculously picky, but I know what I'll be thinking when it's done right.

"They didn't hurt you with anything like this, huh? This is just yours, nobody else's, and everything is perfect for you."

I want an all-in-2. That means there's an outer shell, and the inners snap in. With any luck, the elastic won't bunch or itch. The outer shells will have Prosoft polyurethane laminate under a cotton, or athletic fabric, layer, which the closure system will be hidden under, so no one can tell it comes open. It'll come open at the hips, but I can pull it on. Inside, it'll be ridiculously soft, with a combination of 3rd, and 1st generation Zorb.

The outer shells, will be the cutest, Little bABiest, girliest, some of them, pinkest, others, sparkliest, things ever created, ever!:lol:

I've even thought of a way the leg gussets could work for more than just poo. The only thing I'm stumped on is the closure system. I want a 1 per side, and done, kinda thing, made of a durable plastic, because even stainless steel hates urine. Ideas?

Last edited:
My perfect diaper is disposable, but also works really good with almost never leaking. It would need to have a good snug fit around the legs, so no tape landing zones. Totsl absorbency would also be a big deal. I would like a diaper that can actually hold up for me during a full work day (at least 9 hours), so I wouldn't have to change at work (I stay well hydrated).

I'm also a side sleeper so it would need to have a bunch of pulp and sap towards the sides, as well as really tall leak guards. This means breathable would also be out, since they all leak badly from the sides. Lastly, my perfect diaper would have a good and high rise, with elastic waist bands. This way I can still point up naturally and comfortably, but not worry about leaking over the top.

As a bonus, I'd like my perfect diaper to come standard in plain white but also with ab prints, for when I'm in the mood for either adulting or baby play.

Oh wait. I just described Betterdry and Crinklz.

Slomo said:

I think I'm about on the same track as you, though I don't expect to find a single diaper that would ideally suit all cases. Sometimes I want thin and discrete, other times I want thick and thirsty. Sometimes I just want some "part time padding" for evening wear that's not going to need to be discreet OR high capacity, and I'd just prefer something inexpensive but decent so I don't waste money. So I need to consider a public, a relaxing, and an overnight diaper.

Right now my closest match for public wear is ABU Preschool, but they lack a front elastic and are a shade thicker than I'd like to see. Other than that they're great. The new Tykables waddler solves the comfort and I think fits a little better, but is still a shade thicker than I'd like to have to deal with under tight dress pants, and they cost a little more than I can justify for daily wear. (although today I'm treating myself to a waddler under my "snappies" tan jeans at work, no one seems to notice or care, woohoo!) So give me a waddler that's a little thinner and a bit cheaper and that's my ideal daywear. I'd like to see them make a new line of "Tykables EveryDay" diapers based on the new overnights that keep the velcro, but lose maybe 80% of the sap and maybe some of the padding to make them thinner and less expensive, just about like what their original Snuggies Waddlers were, but with the velcro of course. (a new shell art would be appropriate too, I'd like to see what they could come up with)

Evening relaxation-time wear I'm not too concerned on capacity but I would like to be wearing something bulky that's really comfortable and has a fun look to it, as my favorite way to lounge around the house is in a white tshirt and socks, my diaper, and nothing else. Right now I'd actually say Kiddo are my top pick, checking all the boxes except possibly price and availability. I'd like to order a case of large when they get them back in stock - for now I'm having to ration myself on the one bag I managed to score on Amazon a few weeks ago...

Overnight is a bit of a hard call because some nights I need good capacity and some nights I need really good capacity. I prefer all-white, so I go with either a ABU Simple or an Inspire/InControl. (plain Safari) Either of these I could safely call my "ideal overnight diaper". I'd just say "better safe than sorry" with the Inspire, but they cost quite a bit more than ABU, and I also prefer giving ABU my business, so if I had to pick one it would be the ABU Simple. I suppose i can crawl out of bed for a quick change at 6am on a Saturday morning if I really need to. ;)

Slomo said:
My perfect diaper is disposable, but also works really good with almost never leaking. It would need to have a good snug fit around the legs, so no tape landing zones. Totsl absorbency would also be a big deal. I would like a diaper that can actually hold up for me during a full work day (at least 9 hours), so I wouldn't have to change at work (I stay well hydrated).

I'm also a side sleeper so it would need to have a bunch of pulp and sap towards the sides, as well as really tall leak guards. This means breathable would also be out, since they all leak badly from the sides. Lastly, my perfect diaper would have a good and high rise, with elastic waist bands. This way I can still point up naturally and comfortably, but not worry about leaking over the top.

As a bonus, I'd like my perfect diaper to come standard in plain white but also with ab prints, for when I'm in the mood for either adulting or baby play.

And if I could hazard a guess as to what you're thinking, it's probably something like, "I've finally found something that works! Took me long enough!"

right?

Do you have funding for yours? Seems I remember you posting about having to go 'round and 'round with a funding source, trying to find something that worked, that they'd pay for, or was that someone else?

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
And if I could hazard a guess as to what you're thinking, it's probably something like, "I've finally found something that works! Took me long enough!"

right?

Do you have funding for yours? Seems I remember you posting about having to go 'round and 'round with a funding source, trying to find something that worked, that they'd pay for, or was that someone else?

Actually it's more like it took someone long enough to make them.

And not funding per say, supply sources. I tried to get the VA or my military retiree insurance to provide my diapers for me instead of having to buy them myself. My insurance outright denied me (which I appealed and lost), and the VA will only provide the useless crap I can't even use. Can't find a lawyer to take them on either. Oh well.

I’ve had this a couple of times already in my life.

First time was when Tena Slip Maxi changed their shape from the boxy square to the more babyish shape, they even had a short time they were basically all white with no war paint. At that time though they were made in the Netherlands and were a quality product.

Second time was when I found Kolibri Comslips which have the exact feel of nappies I felt in a dream which has stayed with me since I was in primary school.

Third time was with ABU SDK v2s which are my current favourite.

All 3 times I have actually felt complete and all I want to do is walk around my home by myself pant less with my “perfect” comfy nappy and enjoy the day.

Slomo said:
Actually it's more like it took someone long enough to make them.

And not funding per say, supply sources. I tried to get the VA or my military retiree insurance to provide my diapers for me instead of having to buy them myself. My insurance outright denied me (which I appealed and lost), and the VA will only provide the useless crap I can't even use. Can't find a lawyer to take them on either. Oh well.

I'm so sorry they won't help you pay for them, but I can't say it surprises me. The state has a habit of not treating people well. Wish I could do more than apologize.

Meh. The way I see it, I'm already rated at 50% (of my original military pay) by the VA, so in a way they kind of are already paying for my diaper supplies.

Now, if just one brand would put padding all the way out to the edges. like Huggies from 1985. I know they don't do that so that you can stay in the same pair of pants. But a true night time diaper doesn't have to conform to that rule. At least, I presume that's why they don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back