dry 247

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashmir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
just bought these and they dont seem that thick or is this me abena m4 seemed more thick but the were tightly packed so am i crazy that i think abena m4 is thicker or is 247 thicker im confused the m4 is cloth backed

Call me an idiot but the first thing I do every month is open my diapers let them breathe and decompress from there packaging experience, i think some hang out fluff time does them good.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I do the same with my diapers. The dryfit run large so that's a heads up

24/7 is a good option ofor long wear on the cheap. It's my go-to night time diaper and it does tha job well. Two notes: the tapes are kinda bad so use some support like a onesie or a cover and 2: they run a bit large

Mojo said:
just bought these and they dont seem that thick or is this me abena m4 seemed more thick but the were tightly packed so am i crazy that i think abena m4 is thicker or is 247 thicker im confused the m4 is cloth backed

Confidry is packed tighter, so they are compressed more. You need to take a few diapers out of the bag and let them expand for a day or two before using them. Once expanded, they will be just a little bit thicker than abena. Take note though, confidry has lots more sap and when wet will expand more than abena will.

As others have said, if you let them decompress they will become a little thicker than Abena M4s.

With that said, Dry 24/7s have gone downhill quite a bit since the first time I tried them 2 years ago. They always had an issue with the tapes (I have to duct tape the bottom ones or they'll come off, thankfully I have white duct tape which doesn't make it look horrible afterwards), but lately it seems to me like they became slightly thinner and less performant, they swell up less than before, and they have somehow slightly changed the fit (or the tape positioning) in a way that they don't feel as well fitting and comfortable as they used to. I used to be in love with them as, like Luna said, in the U.S. they're good value for the buck, plus their plastic backing is really nice, sturdy, and amazingly crinkly, but now that I'm back to Europe here they cost a ton due to import fees and they're not worth it anymore.

Slomo said:
Confidry is packed tighter, so they are compressed more. You need to take a few diapers out of the bag and let them expand for a day or two before using them. Once expanded, they will be just a little bit thicker than abena. Take note though, confidry has lots more sap and when wet will expand more than abena will.

I'll second that. Confidry are a higher sap diaper, and will be a lot thinner when dry, but will usually hold more than you'd think by looking at them, and swell up considerably when wet. Setting them out to "fluff up" and expand helps a bit, but you won't see their true thickness until you wet them several times ;)

quattrus said:
As others have said, if you let them decompress they will become a little thicker than Abena M4s.

With that said, Dry 24/7s have gone downhill quite a bit since the first time I tried them 2 years ago. They always had an issue with the tapes (I have to duct tape the bottom ones or they'll come off, thankfully I have white duct tape which doesn't make it look horrible afterwards), but lately it seems to me like they became slightly thinner and less performant, they swell up less than before, and they have somehow slightly changed the fit (or the tape positioning) in a way that they don't feel as well fitting and comfortable as they used to. I used to be in love with them as, like Luna said, in the U.S. they're good value for the buck, plus their plastic backing is really nice, sturdy, and amazingly crinkly, but now that I'm back to Europe here they cost a ton due to import fees and they're not worth it anymore.

Confidry fixed their tape problems over a year ago. They work great now. If you ever get the chance you should try them out again.

Slomo said:
Confidry fixed their tape problems over a year ago. They work great now. If you ever get the chance you should try them out again.

I have, I bought two packs of them last June, and the time prior to that was in May 2016 in the U.S. when they had already switched to the wider tapes with narrower and darker blue part showing. It's not like they don't stick, in fact the top ones hold up just fine, but the way the diaper fits makes it so the bottom tapes end up on my thighs unless there's some tape holding them. The previous release with the previous kind of tapes had the same issue although in that case also the tapes themselves were less reliable.

Also in my last purchase one of the two packs had one of the wings that had been glued to itself so it would rip the plastic if trying to unfold the diaper, unless one took the time to cut the wing free from where it had stuck, needless to say I had this one pack refunded.

quattrus said:
I have, I bought two packs of them last June, and the time prior to that was in May 2016 in the U.S. when they had already switched to the wider tapes with narrower and darker blue part showing. It's not like they don't stick, in fact the top ones hold up just fine, but the way the diaper fits makes it so the bottom tapes end up on my thighs unless there's some tape holding them. The previous release with the previous kind of tapes had the same issue although in that case also the tapes themselves were less reliable.

Also in my last purchase one of the two packs had one of the wings that had been glued to itself so it would rip the plastic if trying to unfold the diaper, unless one took the time to cut the wing free from where it had stuck, needless to say I had this one pack refunded.

Summer of 2016 is around when the tapes were fixed. And yeah, it was more the lower tapes not holding before. You might have gotten the older batch right around when the new ones were coming out, the tapes all hold now.

Slomo said:
Summer of 2016 is around when the tapes were fixed. And yeah, it was more the lower tapes not holding before. You might have gotten the older batch right around when the new ones were coming out, the tapes all hold now.

Hmm. Could it be that the two packs I got in Europe this year were still from the old batch? A year sounds like a lot but maybe counting in the shipping and custom times and the fact they mustn't sell a lot of them at 39 € a pack they may have sat for a while in the warehouse.... In any case I'll surely try some more of them next time I visit the U.S.!

quattrus said:
the top ones hold up just fine, but the way the diaper fits makes it so the bottom tapes end up on my thighs unless there's some tape holding them. The previous release with the previous kind of tapes had the same issue although in that case also the tapes themselves were less reliable.

Yep I've also noticed that, the lower tapes on the 247's are a lot farther from the top tapes than on any other adult diaper. I don't recommend using the same spacing when you stick them down - just attach them up closer to the top tapes on the front panel like you normally would. This still causes a bit of an unusual "fit/feel" with the diaper, as it pulls in and up on the back wing, and that can give it a "wraps snugly up around the bottom of your butt cheeks" feel to it. It feels weird, but actually seems to help prevent leaks in the "back corners" where disposable diapers do tend to leak first. It's specifically pulling that part of the diaper up against your body where with a more "conventional" fit that area is a lot looser.

Nod to that also. They seem to have a lower grade of quality control or problems with machine maintenance/adjustments. I get defective diapers from them from time to time. Tapes not where they are supposed to be on the wing, double tapes, sideways tapes, missing tapes, tapes turned open a bit and stuck down to some other part of the diaper, etc. I see the same list of issues on somewhat rarer occasion from bambino. Nobody else seems to have these issues...?

Last edited:
bambinod said:
Nod to that also. They seem to have a lower grade of quality control or problems with machine maintenance/adjustments. I get defective diapers from them from time to time. Tapes not where they are supposed to be on the wing, double tapes, sideways tapes, missing tapes, tapes turned open a bit and stuck down to some other part of the diaper, etc. I see the same list of issues on somewhat rarer occasion from bambino. Nobody else seems to have these issues...?

I get these types of issues with pretty much every manufacturer out there. Granted it can be more rare with some than others, but none of them are immune to manufacturing defects.

I like the diaper but for me the tapes really sucked so I bought a roll of white Gorilla tape. The only issue with that is you can't re-adjust as the get wetter and heavier.

I agree, i have tried them out once recently and they work pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back