Why are you wearing a diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico said:
No one has ever asked me this. Do adults actually ask this question?

Maybe for a random stranger, "because I want to."

For someone who knows me but isn't close "I need to wear them or I will wet my pants."

The vast majority, no. Nobody ever notices, let alone asks. I say that, but it's more like 99.99% never notice. It's that 0.01% (often from us not adequately being low key in wearing one) that actually DO ask this incredibly basic question.

I have never been asked this question even though I have no qualms about wearing publicly. Maybe I'm good at disguising my diapers, maybe people don't really pay attention, or if they do they don't care or are polite enough not to inquire about it.

I would not expect to get a question like this from a stranger, I'd probably be more likely to get it in a respectful way from a friend or a concerned family member, none of whom are aware of me wearing as far as I know. In this case I think I'd try to keep it to something very casual such as "it's more practical than continuously looking for a bathroom and I don't mind them", as I've been known for my frequent bathroom visits in the past. If it was, instead, a total stranger I think it'd be more along the lines of "well, what do you think I'm wearing them for?" and let them take a guess.

I have sometimes pictured in my head the opposite scenario (although I've yet to get a chance like that), of me spotting somebody wearing a diaper and wanting to strike up a conversation with them without being too creepy about it, and I am still unsure about how I would handle it, but maybe this has to do with me being totally useless at making small talk :biggrin:

Thankfully I've never been directly asked except for once by a roommate. I was just honest and told him about being a bedwetter. Nothing more was ever said.

But I agree with everybody else here...if I were to ever be asked, I'd just say "because I need it" and leave it at that.

Anybody who is dense enough to ask a perfect stranger why the wear a diaper doesnt really deserve an answer .
I say that because the number 1 reason for wearing one would be medical need and many people are embarrassed by that need to begin with and then to have someone question something like that? It either means they didn't learn much in school and there ability to think is compromised or there social skills are zero .

I have no problem talking about it , if its a matter of genuinely edudcating someone , However most people would not react positively to that type of intimate question.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I’ve had bladder-control problems for 60 years and have worn a diaper 24/7/365 for the past 30 years or so. During that time, the only people who have ever asked why I was wearing a diaper have been medical people who asked while in the process of examining me or deciding how best to treat me for some medical problem. No stranger has ever asked. If someone other than a medic ever did ask, I would truthfully reply that I’m incontinent.

I wear diapers and they make me feel really comfortable because God planned it that way. I LOVE to wear them and i am a wannabee incontinent.

I enjoy wearing diapers to bed and often during the day I live with my dad but he doesn't pay attention to me so I can get away with it he does know that I wear to bed and doesn't care during the day I have to be a little more careful as for why I wear diapers during the day I leak a little bit so I use something like wings quilted plus and nobody can tell when I get home from work I cut the wings off of one and cut the back to make a booster and use that for when I am just around the house I also wet the bed pretty heavily so I either use cloth diapers and plastic pants or a good bedwetting diaper out right now so I'm eager for the ones I just ordered

Comfort.

Total Bladder Incontinence.

Read all of the answers, and most/all make sense.

For me, I wear mostly by choice, but also by occasional need. My driving job has difficult moments, that I handle however I choose, depending on the situation. That would be the "choice" option. But, I honestly do have IBS issues, and although those events are rare, I wear protective clothes all the time just in case. I've had a couple incidents that we're mitigated greatly by being able to toss a pullup away. Hate those!

In general, I can't imagine anyone ever asking, and I do wear in stealth mode, but if someone did ask, family or otherwise, I'd tend towards the need option/explanation, with as few details as were required to satisfy their curiosity. If they really delved into it, I might figure they had an interest, for their own reasons, and I'd try to explain the usefulness, protection, and comfort they provide, in an uncertain world.

If anyone came at me from a negative aspect, I'd remind them that there are laws protecting the disabled (ADA, Americans with a Disability Act), and that they were infringing on my human rights to self preservation & emotional protection. My IBS is well documented, and, again, in my job, like an astronaut, or a deep sea diver, there are times when nature calls, and my ability to control that is limited.

I'd add that I've worn something, usually pull-ups & protective pants, daily, 24/7/365, for over four years, in VERY CLOSE contact with other humans, and nobody has ever said a word, or acted in a way that let on that they knew (my wife knows, obviously). It just hasn't happened! It's private. I keep it that way. For people that wear by choice, it makes sense to just keep it that way.

If you're keeping it from family, and don't have any implied deniability, then you need to be very cautious/stealthy, or very open with your specific choice/emotional needs, and/or suffer the consequences of letting them find out.

My wife is the only person to ever ask me why I wear diapers. To me the answer is both simple and complex.

Simply, I wear diapers because I like to! I enjoy the comfort and security that a diaper provides. I really enjoy just being in diapers.

The complex answer is I have no idea. I never asked to like diapers, I just do. I have no idea why I enjoy them. I have no idea why 10 year old me sought them out. I don't know why and probably never will.

I don't want to ruin my furniture or my clothing

For those who don't know me, I can easily just say I'm incontinent due to an old injury. Which wouldn't be so far fetched seeing as I have quite a noticeable limp from an accident I had 2 years ago.

Rarely ever wear outside of my own home however. But if the question ever came up that'd be my answer and leave it at that.

For those close to me, if I trust them enough to tell them about this part of myself, I'd just simply say "It's a comfort item and makes me happy." and if they want to learn more I'd just explain that instead of the usual things like smoking or alcohol, regression is my form of stress relief.

Sheepies said:
For those close to me, if I trust them enough to tell them about this part of myself, I'd just simply say "It's a comfort item and makes me happy." and if they want to learn more I'd just explain that instead of the usual things like smoking or alcohol, regression is my form of stress relief.

That'd probably work well with parents (or spouses) that have a problem with it and confront you... "It's a comfort item and makes me happy - I suppose I could quit diapers and take up cigarettes or alcohol instead?" Watch them whip a 180 so fast they'd rip a hole in the rug. If not, start discussing the more interesting options like marijuana and other harder drugs... "Would you really rather I smoke weed than wear diapers?"

Tetra said:
Anybody who is dense enough to ask a perfect stranger why the wear a diaper doesnt really deserve an answer .
I say that because the number 1 reason for wearing one would be medical need and many people are embarrassed by that need to begin with and then to have someone question something like that? It either means they didn't learn much in school and there ability to think is compromised or there social skills are zero .

I have no problem talking about it , if its a matter of genuinely edudcating someone , However most people would not react positively to that type of intimate question.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Exactly this! Why the heck would someone ask us this if they already highly suspect or outright know, all the while suspecting or knowing the answer they are going to get anyways.

I'd also add that it's really none of their damn business and private things are allowed to be kept private so you're not under any obligation to tell them. But say you need them, you like them, whatever. It's really interesting because when I first came to ADISC I was the classic in the closet scared and ashamed ABDL. But after being here and accepting this, I really have changed my perception and realize this lifestyle is really not that big a deal. Heck, do you ask or even care what others wear under their clothes?

Because I want and like it. I like to wet, it turns me on...

I am completely incontinent, so I can use that - I don't have to bring up the fact that I'm AB/DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back