Advice on a thin day/work diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazedAndConfused

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Im looking for something thin i can wear at work that is thin enough to hide but still somewhat thick enough for comfort and holding a wetting or two. Right now i switch between a pullup and assurance brand diapers since i can pick them up at the store here but now im looking for something i can get off amazon with their discrete boxes and not have to do it in person.

I tend to wear the assurance s/m to work since they are the easiest to hide, according to their sizing its the one i should use but i much prefer the large since i feel like it covers the butt area a little better and comes up a little higher than the s/m. The downside is it is much harder to hide on my small body frame but i make it work when i don't have any s/m. Both leak pretty bad though if im not in just the right position when i let loose, even small squirts over a period seem to start leaking.

I love the M4's i've started wearing at night but even with my baggiest clothes its still very noticeable so i can't wear it to work. Changing is another problem because we have one bathroom that is right off a studio like office that only 3 others work in so its harder to change and dispose of a used one without the other 3 catching on so i tend to change at lunch and then again after work is over.

I was thinking maybe an m1 or m2 during the day but like how the assurance tabs i can take off and put back on if needed while i can't do that with the Albena ones. Any ideas or advice?

At least on the m4s you can take off the tabs and refasten one time. So unless the tabs on the m1s or m2s are different, you should be able to remove them at least once.

I have also heard from others that if you put the white tab back exactly on the blue tab that you can take it off again. I have not personally tried this though, so you may want to try that on your own before trusting it.

Hope this helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photogirl said:
At least on the m4s you can take off the tabs and refasten one time. So unless the tabs on the m1s or m2s are different, you should be able to remove them at least once.

I have also heard from others that if you put the white tab back exactly on the blue tab that you can take it off again. I have not personally tried this though, so you may want to try that on your own before trusting it.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to take one tab off and adjust it a little the first time i wore the m4 and it just tore the diaper apart where it was attached. I'll have to try the white tab on the blue tab trick and see how that works.

People do not notice. Seriously, I wear betterdry to work, under regular black work pants. Been doing wearing thick diapers (for urge and full incontinece) for the last 16 years at the same quiet office, and my coworkers have no idea unless I've clued them in.

You are just hyper aware of your diapers, and think they show off more than they do. Again, people do not notice.

I feel like most people probably don't and i don't mind wearing out and about in public anymore but at work my boss has made a couple comments directed right at me while joking around about people wearing diapers that makes me feel like he has noticed that i wear. We were friends before i ever started working for him and if he ever straight up asked me about it i would tell him the truth and then probably start wearing the biggest, fluffiest ones i could find everyday, but until then id rather hide it as much as possible.

I mean it shouldn’t matter how thick or thin they are. Since I’m constantly moving around thicker ones to me get uncomfortable after a while because they are so bulky and I’m always bending or squatting carrying heavy stuff. I suggest Tena slip maxi active. They are the thinnest diaper I’ve ever had that can hold at least three average wettings well. (Or if your bladder expands to huge proportions like mine one giant flood and a second smaller wetting could be all it takes 😒)

I bought some MoliCare Mobiles (or something like that). The hold a couple of wettings yet are thin. The problem I have is they don't have much odor control. Maybe some powder or something to mask the sale might work.

Over the last 3 years I have learned to wear the protection the works the best (thicker premium Diapers) no one notices that you are wearing and the level of stress that comes with wearing thinner less absorbant diapers is not worth it. wear what you need to handle your incontinence issues a less obsorbant and lower capacity diaper will leake more often then not and you really should use a diaper that has oder control.

I wear the new version of the Better Dry diaper daily any where I go also check out the Forsite am/pm or Dry 24/7 brand diapers as they are premium medical grade diapers.

iDSlip Super PE Backed.

Thin but super absorbent.

blob said:
iDSlip Super PE Backed.

Thin but super absorbent.

Those are okay - the capacity is surprisingly good, and the shell is a nice smooth plastic, but the leak guards are short, and they lack an elastic waistband in the front OR the back.

I'd personally like to see Tykables come out with a diaper suited to everyday wear, along the lines of their previous Waddler. Maybe keep the same thickness and velcro tabs but lower cost by removing most of the sap. Right now I wear ABU's preschool plastic but they are slightly less comfortable than the waddlers, probably due to lacking front elastic. (and the fit is slightly different) I'd like to try more kiddo, they're a contender also but I think they may be more expensive than I want to spend daily.

I wear ABU Preschool Plastic everyday to work.

I keep debating to wear the reaz rebel or my tranquility diaper at work

If you want a thin diaper two choices for you .
Attends classic brief with waistband it will hold a wetting or two max.

Depend Fitted Briefs max protection make sure the Depend ones are not cloth like since some retailers are still moving out old stock before they bring in the new uh older version which is plastic backed and a better one of the two meaning Plastic version is better for you.

LittleICme said:
I wear ABU Preschool Plastic everyday to work.

I don't usually wet my diaper while at work - they seem to handle one flood safely but things can get iffy after that. Being IC, what's your experience on their incontinence performance?

bambinod said:
I don't usually wet my diaper while at work - they seem to handle one flood safely but things can get iffy after that. Being IC, what's your experience on their incontinence performance?

I've tried them before too. They are horrible for incontinence. Like you said, they are good for only one good wetting before leaks become too big of a risk. You can't even get close to half their expected capacity. Changing them too often becomes a requirement, and their cost per day skyrockets.

This is typical for all diapers which use a tape landing zone, and their notorious "no lower tapes" design. Without a good seal around the legs, they are just not reliable unless you wear one size too small. So no thanks.

Haven't had a problem with Preschool as an everyday work diaper. Lately I've gone with Tena slips ABU sells because they cost a little less per diaper. They are thin, until wet then they will swell up some. Don't make much noise. Unless you want your diaper noticed, no one will notice either of them.

bambinod said:
Those are okay - the capacity is surprisingly good, and the shell is a nice smooth plastic, but the leak guards are short, and they lack an elastic waistband in the front OR the back.

I actually prefer them for these reasons - I sometimes find the elastic waistbands really annoying and the iDSlips stay nice and tight, and the leak guards are perfect for me. Different body shapes and all that though!

I'd suggest trying Tena Lady Discreet, not a massive capacity but wick well, I wear them 24/7, and yes I am a bloke lol

bambinod said:

I am urge incontinent (urodynamic verified). My experience is similar with the ABU Prechool Plastic. One large wetting or two medium wettings is no problem. Two large wettings can get risky for leaks. Three wettings and it will certainly leak from the legs. Almost always not having used the back of the diaper for wetness storage. It does not wick wetness into the back of the diaper very well. I don't consider myself AB, but I have come to like the designs (makes having to wear diapers more fun), and the ABU Preschool plastic are WAY better than most other diapers I have tried. I don't like cloth backed diapers, so I usually avoid those. I find the ABU Preschool Plastic to be a very good, reliable, daytime diaper.

A good THIN alternative that works just slightly less well for me is the: Tena ATN (plastic).

I currently wear Confidry 24/7 for nighttime.

Last edited:
Northshore Supreme Lite or Tena Slip Maxi - both are thinner in profile but will hold a couple wettings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back