Little Pawz Vs Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleyreva

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Looking for a review of both as I'm on the fence about ordering little Pawz I love the safaris and can seem to never use them to there full extent but have wanted to try little Pawz for quite awhile as well they're a bit cheaper than the rearz

They are both really the same. Both use a tape landing zone, and that infamous "no lower tapes" design.

That means you will have to buy one size too small in order to get a half-decent fit around your legs. Or face premature leaks. Unfortunately that also means they will be tight, and not rise up to your waist like they're supposed to. And that of course means you will have problems with leaking over the top and possible blow-outs too.

Really, neither diaper is a good option.

Safari I find has a little more capacity, so if you’re not filling it up (I’ve experienced the same “problem” with them), you might try the little pawz and save on what you’re not using anyway. Maybe grab a sample of the little pawz, either from eBay or ABU, if you’re concerned you may not like them. :)

I also find they are extremely similar, with Safari seeming to have a slight edge on capacity. I think the padding is a different composition too. Space weigh a little more when dry (just a few tenths of an ounce each) but don't seem to be as thick, so I assume safari have more pulp and space have more sap. But the difference in mixes seems to give safari a little edge on capacity.

As for cost, both of these diapers have cheaper all-white options. ABU sells Simple, which is a white-shelled space/paws, and Rearz sells InspireInControl, the original (medical? no medical markings!) version of the Safari. In many cases I prefer all white rather than the pattern anyway. (I do prefer all white abu and rearz, but I like the shell art on the waddlers and crinklz)

There are other diapers that offer cheaper all-white options also. BetterDry instead of Crinklz for example. Sometimes they don't discount them though. (I don't think the all white tykables are cheaper?)

FWIW though, Safari are challenging for most of us to reach capacity on. The thrifty side of me says "don't buy a better product than you need". Unless I've drank a lot before going to bed on a weekend where I plan to sleep in, there's no sense in wasting a (more expensive) safari where a space (or even a confidry/bambino/etc) will do just fine. :)

I have used both and maybe it’s me but the Abu little paws seem slightly softer, just a preference on my part. Both hold the same and both have the wicking trouble of capturing liquid and making travel up the back side, but that little in comparison because they both are awesome products and they are the high end diaper we all want

pampers4U said:
I have used both and maybe it’s me but the Abu little paws seem slightly softer, just a preference on my part. Both hold the same and both have the wicking trouble of capturing liquid and making travel up the back side, but that little in comparison because they both are awesome products and they are the high end diaper we all want

I second the part about Little Paws being softer. They also fit my boy parts a little better than the Safari. They hold a LOT of liquid and I haven't had one show any signs of a leak even after an overnight wetting and three coffee in bed wettings.

I have thoroughly enjoyed both.

The thickness on Safaris is bonkers, definitely the thickest diapers I have worn, they make me feel quite babyish, but Little Pawz are no slouch either when it comes to thickness (both standalone and after a booster).

Oddly enough, I've had a few Safaris leak on me despite their crazy absorbency, never had that problem with Little Pawz. I also find that Little Pawz wick away moisture quicker than Safaris.

As others have said the plastic on Little Pawz are super soft and buttery smooth. The plastic exterior on Safari diapers is much more coarse and durable. Both diapers have a very comfy interior though.

I enjoy the design on Little Pawz diapers more than the designs on the Safari diapers, I like their simpler cartoonier characters and brighter colours, they actually look like an upscaled baby diaper whereas Safaris have a very generic print and design.

As far as price goes, Little Pawz and anything from ABU is super affordable. Even though I am a Canadian, I find Rearz's price points can be absolutely ridiculous at times (45-50 dollars cad for a basic onesie is ludicrous when I can get two extremely babyish looking onesies at Little For Big for 60-70 dollars cad with free shipping). With ABU Canada I can also buy diapers in bulk for a reasonable price, something I could never achieve given Rearz's prices.

So Overall, I prefer the Little Pawz, they're cuter, softer and with the help of a booster or two just as thick and absorbent as Safaris for slightly less $

Poofybutt said:
Oddly enough, I've had a few Safaris leak on me despite their crazy absorbency, never had that problem with Little Pawz. I also find that Little Pawz wick away moisture quicker than Safaris.

While neither diaper is leak-proof, it's been my experience that the safari always have more in them before leaking. The thing is, it's hard to fully use a diaper - that last inch or two in the back is difficult to use without leaking. So I usually try to second-guess my kidneys overnight as to what level of diaper to wear, so that I get within an inch or two of the back by morning, where I consider the diaper "maxed out for all practical purpose". So the question of capacity for me comes down to "how much does it take to hit that point? And I've found that safari can take at least two more wettings before reaching it than space, and are always noticeably more heavy when changing in the morning. Space is still great, don't get me wrong, it just can't hold as much as safari.

As others have said the plastic on Little Pawz are super soft and buttery smooth. The plastic exterior on Safari diapers is much more coarse and durable. Both diapers have a very comfy interior though.

I enjoy the design on Little Pawz diapers more than the designs on the Safari diapers, I like their simpler cartoonier characters and brighter colours, they actually look like an upscaled baby diaper whereas Safaris have a very generic print and design.

I had a space, simple, and paws set out and tried to tell them apart with my eyes closed, and could not. Nothing I could feel on the shell, the tape panel, the feel of the padding, the softness of the liner, nothing. (and they weighed about the same) This surprised me a little, I was expecting paws to have some difference, but it turned out it was all in my head. So I'm going to believe ABU when they say they're the same except for the shell art. That being said, there's a price difference, and all you're paying for is the looks. I don't have any special love for the Space design, and I prefer all-white diapers enough that I think I might actually be willing to pay a little more for them. But I also like the paws design, and again would be willing to pay a little more for that for the same reason. ABU probably sets their prices based on demand though, so I have to assume the average customer has a slight preference for space over simple, and a preference for paws over space, given the current prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back