High capacity diaper and odor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomviper000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I enjoy the high capacity diapers that have and continue to come out, but I find it to be an issue with odor towards the last half of the wearing time. As I can pee many times in them until they need to be changed. Thus I become more worried about the subtle smell than anybody visually noticing I’m wearing.

First, anybody have suggestions or methods they use to help with that?

Second, I had always hoped the scented diapers that ABU made would help with that and bring back the smell I remember from baby diapers. It hasn’t really done either. I thought I remember baby diapers in the past having a light perfume smell of sorts that was released when wet, to counter the odor. Does anybody else remember that? I haven’t seen any intent to implement something like that (would be awesome though), and the attempts at scented adult diapers thus far have been disappointing.

With the Teva diaper, there is such a smell. Did country them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't be having any problems with pee smell for at least 8 hours in the same high capacity diaper. If you are, then this is a good indication you are dehydrated.

You didn't say how long you're wearing for though. As a tip, much longer than 8 hours and you should consider changing anyways. Otherwise, the chance for a rash will be a bigger concern than smelling bad.

Just to confirm though, make sure your pee is either mostly clear or with a very light yellow tint. If it is yellow or even dark yellow, then you need to be drinking more water. This will cut down on the smell of your pee (and is much healthier for your body too), and will allow you to wear a wet diaper for a long while without smelling bad.

Teva?

- - - Updated - - -

Dehydration is not the issue, I stay well hydrated and pretty much only drink water. Second, these high capacity diapers last me 12+ hours, and I don’t have problems with rashes...

tomviper000 said:
Teva?

- - - Updated - - -

Dehydration is not the issue, I stay well hydrated and pretty much only drink water. Second, these high capacity diapers last me 12+ hours, and I don’t have problems with rashes...

Good to know. Yeah at 12 hours you're going to have a problem with smell no matter what. I hit 12 hours of wear often enough as well. At that time, it's best to just change and not worry about filling your diaper all the way. 12 hours IS "maximized use" regardless if it has additional absorption or not.

Normally I'd suggest better hydration (and thus change more often) but you're running into a fundamental problem of the amount of actual undiluted urine your body is producing over such a length of time, which you can only really decrease by reducing your physical activity or being asleep.

The next best thing you can do at this point is go with a high sap diaper. That will chemically lock away a lot of the wetness in a form that can't diffuse back into the air and create odor. ALL diapers are going to have at least some pulp though, because sap doesn't wick, and they have to leave some [pulp in there or it'll just pool and leak even with 2/3 of your diaper dry.

Anyway, pulp allows liquids to move around and stay exposed to air, to evaporate and emit odor. So go with a diaper with more pulp (will cost more) and limit your physical activity if you can. The more you move around, the more air you expose the urine-soaked pulp to.

You can slso buy a lot of time from smell by simply wearing some plastic pants, I go to the doctor and it's a 16 hour day in one diaper ,but i dont emit any offensive odors because they stay trapped in my PP.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

joelvc said:
With the Teva diaper, there is such a smell. Did country them?

Typo, I meant Tena

With the Abena line, especially the M-4 I notice a weird odor at times not necessarily like pee. I have not had a smell issue with most of the other major adult incontinence targeted brands.

joelvc said:
Typo, I meant Tena

Yeah somehow I suspect a sandal wouldnt do much for odor, used to wear mine rafting no diapers in those days.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back