Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The acceptance. Method to help beat anxiety in public

My first 8 or 10 years in diapers, i always wore onesies and certain pants and made sure my diaper couldn't be accidently seen , then one day it dawned on me , i dont give a rats ass who sees it , at home dometimes allni wear is my diaper and PP's, big switch from the early days when my arm and hand were paralyzed and my aide shouldnt and couldnt see me in diapers they had to pretape my "invisible" diapers so they didn't seen me struggle to get it on , talk about imature ! These days if i need to BE changed and not up to doing it, thats what inhave an aide for, and if i want to wear my alpine tights to remember my able bodied days people are going to known i am in diaper so what they will either get over it or they will scratch there eyes out, you control the diaper , the diaper doesnt control you , it may take years to accept yourself on the level i do , but every day is fresh start .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree the questions should come from my heart. Those questions will be the ones that makes any diaper lover too scared to write ,let alone face to face. I thought when you finally have acceptance it's there forever. I am working on my wrecking problem by using a rubberband and snapping it. Oh on the appantance. I got to say,,"I don't care if my Co workers and other people can tell I am wearing a diaper" Is that too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by makena43 View Post
    Yeah, I agree the questions should come from my heart. Those questions will be the ones that makes any diaper lover too scared to write ,let alone face to face. I thought when you finally have acceptance it's there forever. I am working on my wrecking problem by using a rubberband and snapping it. Oh on the appantance. I got to say,,"I don't care if my Co workers and other people can tell I am wearing a diaper" Is that too soon?
    I think it's okay to want to keep it private from people without a need to know, like your co-workers. There's a distinction we've talked about with some frequency on the site between what's private and what's secret. Private is for things you keep to yourself or to those with a need to know. If they are found out after you've made a reasonable effort, it's not the end of the world. In contrast, a secret is something you definitely don't want to get out. We take considerable effort to maintain a secret for ourselves and those few who we might share it with. If it gets out, it's going to be upsetting and embarrassing.

I would say if you're going to make an effort to wear in public with any frequency, you need to be thinking of this as private rather than secret. It's like showing your underwear: you'll want to avoid that if possible but if it happens, you pull up your pants and get on with your life.

In any event, comfort with this isn't going to happen quickly but it should get better over time.

Okay, I will start to believe that wearing a diaper as private and not a secret also everything I am working here and my tharpist will take alot of time and work

You can say it all you want, but that doesn't make it instantly true. Although, saying it out loud is one tool to actually help make it true in time. It's sort of a psychological tool where by saying it you're trying to convince yourself it's true. And eventually it just might be, so by all means keep telling yourself you don't care until your really don't.

I will do that and see what happens in whatever time it takes.

So recap here is i need to work on my acceptance by getting more time then once or twice a week being in a diaper.at work I need to do some self talk of there is nothing wrong with wearing diaper. And keep saying its all in mind. No one cares . and just allow my self to enjoy it plus if some ask I say its for my hernia. And leave it at that.

Okay, I will start to believe that wearing a diaper as private and not a secret also everything I am working here and my tharpist will take alot of time and work
    It's perfectly ok of course to wear diapers, you are not hurting anyone and doing something that helps you emotionally, but I kinda get the feeling that you are experiencing other issues in your life, and are externalising these feelings that you don't know how to deal with, into anxiety about diapers. And yes "private not secret" is the perfect way of putting it!

So how do i solve the external issues in the last post. Everything else is spot on about me

So how do i solve the external issues in the last post. Everything else is spot on about me
    just do it. seriously, just do it. there's no real way to just make yourself accept it and magically get rid of all the anxiety related to it. it's not a matter of acceptance, it's a matter of getting used to it. same as it is with everything else. the more you do it, the more you get used to it, which in its own way means you start to accept it. so again, it if you wanna make progress, you're gonna have to do it. making countless threads asking the same question won't be of any help to you. this community has already given you all the advice it could give you. from here on it's up to you to make any progress.