Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drynites uk getting velcro sides?

Default Drynites uk getting velcro sides?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	30018

Found a generic image from a drynites seller that looks like it has Velcro sides.

Nope, the Drynites over here still have tear-away sides. They were also recently revamped with Tinkerbell designs, so I highly doubt that Drynites will be getting velcr sides anytime in the near future.

Nope, they don't have Velcro sides. Goodnites in South Korea do, but nowhere else I think. I guess it's to give the idea of making it not look like a diaper and just 'nightime underwear'.

i would think velcro would add to the price, so unless the public demands it,it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ggreggy View Post
    i would think velcro would add to the price, so unless the public demands it,it wont happen.
    Although the relative price difference between tapes and velcro may be significant, I don't think the actual cost for them is enough to matter much. If four sticky tapes plus a tape panel costs 4 cents, and four velcro tapes and a loop panel costs 16 cents (4x as much), you've still only added 12 cents to the cost of production.

Quote Originally Posted by ggreggy View Post
    i would think velcro would add to the price, so unless the public demands it, it wont happen.
    I think velcro sides would be great for kids, especially for kids with disabilities. I've read other comments like this on the GoodNites website. Unfortunately GoodNites is more concerned with having cute designs.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    If four sticky tapes plus a tape panel costs 4 cents, and four velcro tapes and a loop panel costs 16 cents (4x as much), you've still only added 12 cents to the cost of production.
    There's also retooling cost to the factories.

Be very impressive if they were.

All I see in the supermarkets now are nappy pants for babies rather than tab style being promoted so it would be a great reverse trend to have fittable nappies for older children.

I wouldn't be surprised they would add the velcro sides to their new XS-S size since they are the logical route for parents of toddlers/preschoolers that graduate from the Pull-Ups Nightime and they would find the velcros very useful sometimes (since at this age range, they could still have #2 accidents and the velcros makes it easier, even if the tear away sides could work too), but for the bigger size like S-M and L-XL, I don't think it will happen anytime soon, even if we think it could be fun to see this, kids that need them won't want this feature, especially older kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised they would add the velcro sides to their new XS-S size since they are the logical route for parents of toddlers/preschoolers that graduate from the Pull-Ups Nightime and they would find the velcros very useful sometimes (since at this age range, they could still have #2 accidents and the velcros makes it easier, even if the tear away sides could work too), but for the bigger size like S-M and L-XL, I don't think it will happen anytime soon, even if we think it could be fun to see this, kids that need them won't want this feature, especially older kids.
    Older/Bigger kids might not want it at first, but may soon see the advantage. Just like they didn't want to wear GoodNites.