coming to terms with nappies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nature

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm 21 and I find that i have a hard time with accepting that i like to wear nappies. I go through phases when i want to wear them and then phases when i am put off by them. i end up buying loads of nappies and then end up not wanting them after a week.
anyone else have a hard time with it / advice to get around it ?

Binge-and-purge seems to be a very common experience for many, but it does not ultimately detract from the pleasure of wearing. I never really had purge cycles, perhaps more like phases of disinterest; but as my confidence with wearing grew, the desire to wear became continuous and I never experienced the loss of interest or desire again. There also seems to be a certain maximum rate at which many people can get comfortable with the idea and the act of wearing. People often report that it just gets easier, slowly but surely, with practice and familiarity. I can echo this too: Despite being totally 'into' nappies from a very young age, it took many years to integrate the activity of 24/7 use into my general lifestyle. Until that happened, there was always a certain aspect of insecurity or shame in wearing. That is completely gone now, I no longer have any negative feelings, concerns or embarrassments. Every nappy I wear brings me comfort, convenience, and sometimes definite pleasure. If it is an acquired taste, it is certainly one worth acquiring. You'll get there!

It sounds as though you are struggling with the old binge and purge mentality. Don't get too down in the dumps about it, even I had brief instances of binging and purging my stash when I started out in my teens.

You'll find that over time, the more frequently you purchase and wear diapers the more comfortable you'll become with the fact that you enjoy wearing them. Practice makes perfect :)

nature said:
I'm 21 and I find that i have a hard time with accepting that i like to wear nappies. I go through phases when i want to wear them and then phases when i am put off by them. i end up buying loads of nappies and then end up not wanting them after a week.
anyone else have a hard time with it / advice to get around it ?
Hi nature. Don't worry so much. Instead just be a little bit consistent and you will get over the binge purge. So like just constantly put on and use diapers like normal until it becomes a part of your routine. Even if you feel a bit "shame", gently push through it. And make it a part of your daily life and then it will become so normal you don't really think about it as much

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I had a lot more purge episodes when I was your age. At 21, I saw myself as athletic, muscular, able to handle myself living on the Jersey Shore. Feeling like a toddler and wearing diapers didn't fit into that image, so my binge desires were often in conflict with how I defined myself. As one gets older, you have less to prove. One sort of does that by being successful at their job and in other ways, very different from handling peers and self image. Your feelings of purge (guilt) will improve over time as you begin to find peace with yourself and a sense of balance.

Diapers are only a part of our personality and who we are. Diapers and the rest of who we are can live with each other.

Yeah, the binge purge cycle has been beaten to death around here. I'd suggest you do a search on the forums for "binge purge". You'll get loads of tips for handling it.

Im also going though with this binge purge cycle , phrases that sometimes makes me wanna wear and sometimes wanna throw them all away. But i realized as others have said its a common thing and before i didn't know and thought i was alone , now it sort of eases as i just try to accept it , my binge purge cycle are much much more gentle in a way , unlike i used to throw all my diapers away only for the feelings to return and the cycle continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back