Does anyone feel scared to wear AB diapers in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggles said:
I have been wearing in public and work for many years but as discreetly as possible. 12 months ago I was preparing for work and last minute I decided to not wear that day which at that time I was pretty much 24/7 and my first job that day I had a accident at work breaking my leg badly with multiple fractures. Paramedics took me to hospital where my clothes were removed and a week later and new metalwork in my ankle I went home. I was greatfull I chose not to wear that day even though being diapered in hospital where I couldn’t move would have been so much better but I was to embarrassed to ask infact I felt humiliated as it was at one point being accused of being a drug addict as I requested pain killers after surgery I was in agony. Totally sucked but I ordered a case of Abu little paws which arrived when I got home. I dodged a bullet that day but apart from initial embarrassment I probably wouldn’t have cared too much afterwards as I recovered. Hopefully never happens again but be aware your luck can change and be left exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. This is what I mean. Most people are saying that no one will ever see it so who cares but this is a clear example of what I am worried about. Life is weird and it'll be that one day you wear a AB nappy public that something unordinary happens and gets you exposed. I think that's what scares me the most. I have myself worn Rears princss and Cushies out in public but there is still a little more anxiety in me when doing so because if revealed makes things harder to explain.

Paxe said:
* Going to a themed party - can change rest of clothes later but not the nappy (or testing to see if it will be too uncomfortable to wear to party)
* Test-driving a new design for the manufacturers / importers
* Better price / performance ratio than ordinary medical ones
* Shipping error - you've been working through a case of these just to use them up
etc.

These are good explanations though I think the test-drive would be a little unbeleiveable. Adult diapers with baby prints? new design? I don't think any non-ABDL manufacturer would ever consider that in a new design lol.

I do get a bit more nervous with ABDL diapers, yes. Not sure why, but I assume that it's because of what people would think. If they see a white bit over your pants they'll assume you're incontinent and move on, but if they see something colorful they might stare. I know everyone says screw what people think, but as someone who has just recently started wearing in public, it's quite scary. I had something like this happen to me recently, I wore ABU Barebums to school and, while I did my best to cover them with my underwear, the plastic landing zone was super noisy and made me very nervous.

I always am scared that someone would see it. I only wear diapers without prints on it when i am outside. Im also very careful when reaching up to grab something :p

You guys shouldn't be scared for the sake of "what if". You're just being afraid of fear itself, not something that you know for sure will actually happen.

And even in the extremely rare event somebody should see your diaper (such as an ER visit, or because you decided to wear a short length shirt), and that it's an ab print diaper, so what! Just tell them you need it (no need to differentiate physical or meantal), and that the prints make it more fun for you.

So what some stranger might think of your diaper anyways. Chances are you'll never even see that person again anyways.

Slomo^ said it perfectly!
I have always worn regular medical type diapers in public and do so frequently.

Remember, the chances are very small that someone is looking to see if your wearing a diaper.

Depending on how you dress and your physical appearance, it can matter but its common sense for the most part.

Dont wear large diapers under thin clothes. Obviously anybody wearing abu diapers under spandex is asking for embarrassment, whether your incontinent or just abdl.

I would think that a ER has seen everything there would be nothing that would surprise them. From guys wearing dresses and stuff stuck in various orfices to women in men's clothes and again stuff stuck in their orfices. Same goes for EMT's and Police also. It would be a miracle for one not to have seen a guy in a dress or in some sort of pink clothes or a diaper.
Even your own doctor has seen it all from their days in Medical school. The only people you have to set straight are teenagers who's behavior they cannot cash.

I've worn the ABU diapers out and about a bunch of times and have never once had anybody notice anything. You can get some of the snap-crotch onesies if you want to make sure that nobody ever notices in the rare case of a shirt riding up, but even without it's just never been a problem, even with them as some of the thickest diapers on the market. Personally, I like really thick diapers anyway, so it wouldn't feel as nice wearing a thinner and more "normal" diaper out and about.

With regard to rare emergency situations, I think Slomo has it right that it's not worth living life in fear of every remote possibility that could happen. You can try to plan around them, like thinking about what you'd say if it happened, but denying yourself from enjoying things like wearing a diaper as your underwear when you go out because something bad might happen is a bit silly. Besides which, something bad could happen when you're wearing a diaper at home too and you're not going to just never wear at all to avoid the remote chance of something weird happening, right?

Honestly, sometimes with really rare or unusual happenings, I think the point might be to look at it as God, or fate, or randomness giving you some interesting opportunities in life. If you did get hurt and some close family or friends found out about your diapers, that's perhaps an opportunity to teach people a little bit about ABDL in a context where they're going to be quite sympathetic.

ArchieRoni said:
I've worn the ABU diapers out and about a bunch of times and have never once had anybody notice anything. You can get some of the snap-crotch onesies if you want to make sure that nobody ever notices in the rare case of a shirt riding up, but even without it's just never been a problem, even with them as some of the thickest diapers on the market. Personally, I like really thick diapers anyway, so it wouldn't feel as nice wearing a thinner and more "normal" diaper out and about.

With regard to rare emergency situations, I think Slomo has it right that it's not worth living life in fear of every remote possibility that could happen. You can try to plan around them, like thinking about what you'd say if it happened, but denying yourself from enjoying things like wearing a diaper as your underwear when you go out because something bad might happen is a bit silly. Besides which, something bad could happen when you're wearing a diaper at home too and you're not going to just never wear at all to avoid the remote chance of something weird happening, right?

Honestly, sometimes with really rare or unusual happenings, I think the point might be to look at it as God, or fate, or randomness giving you some interesting opportunities in life. If you did get hurt and some close family or friends found out about your diapers, that's perhaps an opportunity to teach people a little bit about ABDL in a context where they're going to be quite sympathetic.

I know swearing isn't allowed in these boards so I'll simply say it this way: F'ing A! You give very solid advice.

Tommycombs said:
I know swearing isn't allowed in these boards so I'll simply say it this way: F'ing A! You give very solid advice.

There's no rule against swearing in posts. Swearing at someone, maybe. Swearing in subject lines used to modified as a matter of moderator convention. That may or may not still be the case. The PG-13 rule is for content, and is pretty expansive at that. I hardly ever swear on forums but it's not because of the rules.

To the OP: this used to bother me. I'm still not looking to expose my diaper but long 24/7 stints and the demonstrable superiority of some ABDL diapers have made me less squeamish over time. Most people who might see deserve no explanation. For those that do, it could be a practical one or just the fact that I like wearing them.

Last edited:
Since Halloween is still sort of fresh in my mind, I am reminded of the new goofy character that Tom Hanks has portrayed on SNL. Davis S. Pumpkins. The reason I bring up him up is his silly, always super positive attitude about himself. He just does "his own thing" with no further explanation. As dumb as this example is, it's a healthy way to view our own personal weirdness. In a harmless, who-cares-if-its-strange sort of way. Life is too short to be freaked out over this lifestyle.

Oh, and Trevor, thanks for the clarification on the swearing thing.

I initially started wearing a diaper on short excursions in my car through the drive thru at the bank and McDonalds. Then I went to Wal-Mart and did a little shopping I was scared that. I someone would recognize the diaper bump. There was one occasion when shopping there that I heard a couple of girls giggling and felt that they saw it. I pressed on shopping and relaxed. I don't know if the girls noticed my diaper bump but since then I wear frequently and have not had any other experiences

No. I am not embarrassed. I get a little nervous. It has been occurring to me though, why is our community so clouded in shame. Almost no one shows their real face. I do. I am not ashamed anymore. If II could wave a magic wand I would take away internalized anti-AB/DL stigma and self-loathing. Let's be proud! This is our thing! So what if people judges us. I won't hide my face. That is a start. Also I am going to the store today and your thread inspired me to wear and wet at the Target by my apartment.WIN_20160721_05_01_26_Pro.jpg

Here's another thought I had today. This goes for all differences too. Our lifestyle is a societal taboo, correct? Call that a red light. Stop! You aren't allowed to go forward! However, even at a red light, traffic continues to move, but in the perpendicular direction. We're just driving in the lane with the green light! They may have to stop, but we're not going the way they are!

Very much so. If you're wearing jeans, the diaper bump is going to be very noticible when you wet. Plus, if you have to bend over, chances are that people are going to see the top of the diaper's waistband.

Nope. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Granted I would never wear a diaper to my job or anything like that, or wear little clothing because that would be asking for trouble.

Last edited:
I used to be nervous but I know it's a relief to be padded no icky public loos. Also I prefer to use changing places toilets if I need a change & put my wet nappy in the nappy bin, it makes me feel little in all honesty.

SorcerorElf said:
Very much so. If you're wearing jeans, the diaper bump is going to be very noticible when you wet. Plus, if you have to bend over, chances are that people are going to see the top of the diaper's waistband.

That's only true if you wear regular or skinny jeans. Relaxed and loose fit jeans don't excentuate a diaper bulge.

But why baby-style clothes ??? I need it for nothing. I haven't any need to show that (I'm ABDL) in public and as and because I'm a few public person, so more important is to keep my dark side in secret, which is +/- sucessfully done.

I've no problem to put diaper and go shopping etc., but never to some of my works.

I guess if I had to wear diapers, I would adjust, but since I don't have to wear diapers, I only wear them at home.

I bought some onsies and wear a workout type shirt over that. No one will ever see you are wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back