Goodnites 40% More Protection: Tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuppyLover

𝓒𝓻𝔂𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was browsing on Amazon a few minutes ago, and I stumbled upon these "40% More Protection" Goodnites. I've never seen these before, and the 34 count seems pretty cheap. Is this a new product or something, or has Amazon just started stocking these? I haven't done much digging, but I'm sure plenty of you have heard of these before. I might actually order a few cases just to test it out myself and compare to the original.

Any thoughts?

91hUv89yz5L._SX522_.jpg

Amazon Link:https://www.amazon.com/GoodNites-Bedtime-Bedwetting-Underwear-Packaging/dp/B00U0O0XP8/ref=pd_bxgy_121_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=CG7SMCFBBVTZE001N96M&th=1

**Edit**

It's not even on the official website. Odd. Prototypes maybe? :/

If you look at one of the other pictures, it is 40% more absorbent than pull-ups or other training pants NOT a 40% increase in their absorbency (they also market that on the goodnites website). The only recent change was the new 5 layer protection version. There are a few threads on those but I don't think the total absorbency changed much.

Oh. Well. Okay. :|

Just another case of deceptive labeling. I hate that.

That advertising on that there can only ever be complete with a picture of Bender somewhere on there. I got it; Futurama prints for all!!!

I like the circle "window" version on the oackage.

The only recent change was the new 5 layer protection version.

That's also just marketing. They've always been 5 layers (only two of which can be considered protection: the absorbent layer (SAP), and the plastic layer around it to keep fluid in. The other layers are the permeable covering on the inside, surge pad to distribute fluid, tissue envelope around the absorbent layer, bulk around the SAP, cloth-like outer layer. Over the years even the new gender-specific Goodnites have only gotten lighter. Now they're around 51g each (L/XL girls'), whereas they used to be 60g+ (hard to weigh older ones now due to the possibility of accumulation of moisture over the years).

The old white goodnites from the 90’s and early 2000’s were the best goodnites ever made ! They were large n thick and looked like tighty whities

speaking of gnites, the ones that look like regular briefs, but have a liner: did they get discontinued? when i first saw them i thought boy i could have used those for school! (if mom could have aforded them). for bed i figure they would have not been enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back