• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearlessllama

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hello! My name is Nikki and I am a graduate student working on my PhD in Biophysics.

I have many little tendencies, and that is what brought me here. A few of my interests outside of that are playing video games, watching football, working on my research, coding, re-watching the same TV shows over and over, reading, learning, and cuddling with both of my cats!

I am finally joining and posting because I am really hoping to make some friends. Life is hard when you do not have anyone to talk or listen to! I would also love to feel like part of a community; everyone is so nice to each other here - this seemed like a good place to start!

fearlessllama said:
Hello! My name is Nikki and I am a graduate student working on my PhD in Biophysics.

I have many little tendencies, and that is what brought me here. A few of my interests outside of that are playing video games, watching football, working on my research, coding, re-watching the same TV shows over and over, reading, learning, and cuddling with both of my cats!

I am finally joining and posting because I am really hoping to make some friends. Life is hard when you do not have anyone to talk or listen to! I would also love to feel like part of a community; everyone is so nice to each other here - this seemed like a good place to start!

Welcome to the community Nikki! That was a great intro. I have two cats and a dog. They're all snuggable, too.

What kind of a profession do you want after you get your PhD?

Welcome! My work is on a university campus although I’m not an academic per se - and certainly not a scientist. Always happy to have new folks join us here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for reading and responding! I am jealous that you have a dog, I have been wanting a puppy so bad recently.

My goal right now is to be a lab researcher for the National Institute of Health in their Neurological division, but I think I would be happy working in any Neuroscience lab!

- - - Updated - - -

cm90210 said:
Welcome! My work is on a university campus although I’m not an academic per se - and certainly not a scientist. Always happy to have new folks join us here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Thank you for being so nice! What kind of work do you do on campus?

Welcome, biophysics is a field I haven't come across often, what is your thesis? Your line about life being hard when you don't have someone to talk to struck a cord with me (same boat) and I just wanted to offer my ear. Again, welcome, and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back