Weird thing I did as a child? Would like a explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I was 11 my foster parents started buying me incontinence nappies to stop me stealing them from my special school. It took awhile to get to this stage. After some visits to the child psychologist they set up a good behaviour chart and if I contained to have good weeks I got a star each day and if I got 7 stars I could continue wearing my nappies but only for bed time. I remember some mornings I would purposely pull my pyjamas down a little and expose the top of my nappy knowing my foster mother was going to come into my room to wake me up and see it. I know that sounds weird. In my adult life I have never wanted to do anything exposing and I'm very discreet. Anybody have any ideas on why I did this?

There's a following thread entitled, Diaper Humiliation. Diaper humiliation is a part of being AB/DL. It doesn't effect everyone, maybe not even the majority of us, but it does impact on some of us. There can be a desire to be seen or "caught" wearing diapers. Even though your foster mother knew you wore diapers, the idea of being seen in diapers can cause some good feelings, probably releasing endorphins. Why this exists I can't answer. I just know that it does because I have those feelings. Still, I'm careful about exposing myself because I have to live in this world, stay employed and interact positively with my neighbors.

It is hard to answer your question with any degree of authority. Kids do stuff, some weird,some normal, experimenting with thoughts and feelings, gauging reactions. Who knows why? I agree with Dogboy, it could just be nothing but something that made you feel better when you did it. Maybe not everything in our lives needs an answer.

I wonder if it was a way of subconsciously seeking reassurance that it was "okay" to wear diapers.

When you were stealing diapers to wear, it must have been a big secret. If it were me, I'd be scared of getting caught (either stealing or wearing), and maybe even feel a sense of shame and embarrassment because you didn't feel like anyone would ever be accepting of the feelings you had.

By exposing the waistband, you knew your foster mum would have noticed, and you knew she would be "accepting". So, maybe it was your unconscious mind playing a safe little game, where you could experience the exposure of your "secret", knowing that you would be accepted.

We all want to feel loved and accepted. When we don't, it can be traumatic.

Past experiences can stick around in our unconscious. So even though you consciously knew that it was now "okay" to wear diapers, maybe your unconscious mind needed the reassurance you'd get by "putting your foster mum to the test".

That's just a guess, though. :dunno:

tiny said:
I wonder if it was a way of subconsciously seeking reassurance that it was "okay" to wear diapers.

When you were stealing diapers to wear, it must have been a big secret. If it were me, I'd be scared of getting caught (either stealing or wearing), and maybe even feel a sense of shame and embarrassment because you didn't feel like anyone would ever be accepting of the feelings you had.

By exposing the waistband, you knew your foster mum would have noticed, and you knew she would be "accepting". So, maybe it was your unconscious mind playing a safe little game, where you could experience the exposure of your "secret", knowing that you would be accepted.

We all want to feel loved and accepted. When we don't, it can be traumatic.

Past experiences can stick around in our unconscious. So even though you consciously knew that it was now "okay" to wear diapers, maybe your unconscious mind needed the reassurance you'd get by "putting your foster mum to the test".

That's just a guess, though. :dunno:

I'm thinking the same thing. Well put.

Well my I do that when I am home alone sometimes because it gives me the feeling of "being open" with who I am not hiding it under bed sheets or under clothing but open and plain to see. I don't think it's wrong I think it's actually what Tiny said and your desire for acceptance.

tiny said:
I wonder if it was a way of subconsciously seeking reassurance that it was "okay" to wear diapers...

Well said!

If I had been the OP this would be the most likely answer.

I also know this feeling. I don't flash my waistband or nappy in public deliberately, but practical experience shows that nothing bad happens if I have a concealment failure. If I don't have to work at hiding it, the implication is that wearing a nappy must be OK. I enjoy wearing tidily but unconcealed around the house with my other half, again because of the reassurance that there's nothing I need to hide about it.

I like to leave the top of my diaper exposed from the top of my pants, but its under my shirt, and right there with my pistol on my waistline. If the diaper is exposed, so is the handgun, so that would not be good.

dogstyle said:
I like to leave the top of my diaper exposed from the top of my pants, but its under my shirt, and right there with my pistol on my waistline. If the diaper is exposed, so is the handgun, so that would not be good.

A diaper and a gun? That's an interesting look!

3fb2299b3c3bb40158465723ceb94d.jpg

tiny said:
A diaper and a gun? That's an interesting look!

View attachment 29986

That reminds me of a "Dog the bounty hunter" tv show about a repo guy. On one episode way back, he said he was at some residence going for a car when some old guy came out in nothing but a diaper, but also carrying a shot gun. He said he wanted to laugh at the old guy really bad, but gave him some serious respect and backed off instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back