Status
Not open for further replies.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hey there,

For me I find that regressing is a multi-sensory activity that involves a combination of all the basic senses (Sight, Taste, Smell, Touch and Hearing).

A lot of people talk about what physical sensations trigger their regression and even the types of smells that put them into baby mode. Certain sights (i.e. diapers, baby clothes) are a given for regression as well.

Taste and Sound don't seem to be talked about as much, but I do find there are certain tastes and sounds that regress me just as much as any sight, touch or smell.

For instance, on the sound front, I find that anything with a certain chime to it throws me into baby mode, this is one of the many reasons why I own a chime rattle. Other sounds that throw me into baby-headspace include, music boxes because they're twinkly, buttoning and unbuttoning the snaps on my baby clothes and the crinkle of a diaper (a fairly obvious one).

On the taste front, the taste of fresh or warm milk immediately makes me feel like a baby. Also blander foods like oatmeal, cheerios and arrowroot cookies make me feel quite little.

How about you guys, any tastes and sounds that regress you?

Let me just say, tell me about that chime rattle, or I'll hold you down, and tickle you! Joke. Is it different than most rattles?

As far as your question, snaps, music from music boxes, which, I happen to collect, or baby toys, wind chimes, (gasps) the ice cream man! The zippers jingling on my track pants, like baby keys.

Chicken McNuggets, pop corn, milk, with or without chocolate.

Y'know the way some Wal-Marts are set up with a little entertainment area, before you actually go in the store part? Those sounds! And my Bubba's voice.

i cant think of anything outside of me that takes me back. typically i just unfocus my thoughts and i start to wander back.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Let me just say, tell me about that chime rattle, or I'll hold you down, and tickle you! Joke. Is it different than most rattles?

As far as your question, snaps, music from music boxes, which, I happen to collect, or baby toys, wind chimes, (gasps) the ice cream man! The zippers jingling on my track pants, like baby keys.

Chicken McNuggets, pop corn, milk, with or without chocolate.

Y'know the way some Wal-Marts are set up with a little entertainment area, before you actually go in the store part? Those sounds! And my Bubba's voice.

Those are some great sounds and tastes that bring you back, nice to see some overlap there.

With regards to my chime rattle, it's a bit hard to describe. It's shaped like the rattles that you see in anime and when you shake it, it has a more twinkly sound to it as opposed to the standard rattle sound. If you are still curious, here's the amazon page for the one I own:

https://www.amazon.com/Kidsme-9294-...&qid=1509748077&sr=1-31&keywords=chime+rattle

Not only does it have a nice shape and sound, but I love the reflective surface too, sometimes when I regress and I catch myself in it's reflection it makes me feel really little.

As far as sounds are concerned, the sounds of songs like it's not easy being green and rubber ducky with ernie. Or the theme songs from 80s saturday morning cartoons. Sounds from an amusement park will do it too. When we go I'm instantly a kid again.
For sights it's all my old toys and tv shows.
Smells - the smell of a vinyl my little pony or barbies hair or my pound puppy. The smell of my 2 favorite recipes from my grandmother, her chicken and dumplings and her stuffed cabbage. Those smells are instant kid to me.
Lastly touch - Petting my pound puppy, holding my sippy cup, running my fingers through the yarn hair of my cabbage patch doll.
There are so many things that take me back and I feed into it as much as possible. And I remember the sound of a chime rattle, they used to have the same sound in a fisher price toy. I never had that but my little cousin did.

last night i did think of something that takes me back. it isnt a sound or taste or smell. it is sitting on the ground, crosslegged. it takes meback a long way, and it isnt long until i have the urge to wet my pants. and i findthat more enjoyable than even wetting a diaper!

Taste for me has to be the Fruit Gerbers. Sounds. The sound of velcro and plastic right when youre putting a diaper on. Theme song from Rugrats. Elmos world and Blues clues!! I also love when people baby talk to me even tho I shylie (is it even a word?) tell them to stop... if that counts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back