Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Pacifiers = Chapped Lips

  1. #1

    Default Pacifiers = Chapped Lips

    Hey everyone,

    I notice that sometimes when I go into little mode and suck my pacifier for an extended period of time, that my lips get dry and cracked. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

    Follow up question, do you know what might cause this?

    There are times when I use my pacis for literally hours and my lips won't chap at all, but then there are other times, like tonight for instance, where my lips get dry and my bottom one splits.

    Now, I am pretty sure it is not an allergy thing, I own two different pacis, one has a latex nipple and the other has a silicon nipple and I have had this problem at times with both.

    Am I maybe sucking my pacifiers too hard? or could my lips just get dry from time to time? I think the latter could be the issue at hand, but if it is I don't notice my lips chapping as much when I'm not using my paci.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2

    Default

    It's the excess saliva. Same thing happens when you wash your hands too much.

    You can prevent it by trying to make sure your lips aren't constantly wet and can fix it right up with some good lip balm like Chapstick.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepies View Post
    It's the excess saliva. Same thing happens when you wash your hands too much.

    You can prevent it by trying to make sure your lips aren't constantly wet and can fix it right up with some good lip balm like Chapstick.
    Thanks for the diagnosis Sheepies

    I do notice I salivate more when my pacifier is in my mouth. I'll try to make sure my lips are moist if I'm using my paci for an extended period of time. If that doesn't work, I have some good lip balm on standby should my lips start to crack.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Poofybutt View Post
    Thanks for the diagnosis Sheepies

    I do notice I salivate more when my pacifier is in my mouth. I'll try to make sure my lips are moist if I'm using my paci for an extended period of time. If that doesn't work, I have some good lip balm on standby should my lips start to crack.

    Thanks again.
    Other way around actually XD
    Try to keep your lips dry not moist. As counter productive as it sounds, saliva strips your lips of moisture causing dry, chapped lips.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepies View Post
    Other way around actually XD
    Try to keep your lips dry not moist. As counter productive as it sounds, saliva strips your lips of moisture causing dry, chapped lips.
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. Dry lips it is, with the lip balm on the side.

Similar Threads

  1. I want to buy new pacifiers.....
    By Kendora in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-Jan-2017, 22:23
  2. My ALL Pacifiers
    By dion413 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-Apr-2015, 17:46
  3. Pacifiers?
    By SomethingNotTooDark in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29-Aug-2013, 04:12
  4. Pacifiers
    By BabyPanda28 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-Feb-2013, 14:30
  5. Pacifiers
    By 21nbby in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 23-Oct-2011, 04:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.