Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it funny?

Default Isn't it funny?

On sunday my friend came over to tutor me in math. He is the hardest working guy I know. It was pouring out and he came over on his bike, because he has no car. He works 3 jobs and every single penny he makes goes into the college fund.

I am the same way, I am a VERY VERY hard worker, yet I have no car and must take out loans to pay for school.

Yet, there are so many people in my school that just coats through life. This girl I know of...she is a Cheerleader, drinks like their is no tomorrow, she has a brand new Ford fusion(mom bought it) She has no job, but her dad did die, so there is whee the money came from.

Still there are many more like her ho are just lazy asses, who get anything they ant in life. Isn't it funny how the dumbasses and lazy people have it all, while us hard working shlubs have to scrape just to get by?

They won't have everything in the future. The lazy people will end up with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    On sunday my friend came over to tutor me in math. He is the hardest working guy I know. It was pouring out and he came over on his bike, because he has no car. He works 3 jobs and every single penny he makes goes into the college fund.

I am the same way, I am a VERY VERY hard worker, yet I have no car and must take out loans to pay for school.

Yet, there are so many people in my school that just coats through life. This girl I know of...she is a Cheerleader, drinks like their is no tomorrow, she has a brand new Ford fusion(mom bought it) She has no job, but her dad did die, so there is whee the money came from.

Still there are many more like her ho are just lazy asses, who get anything they ant in life. Isn't it funny how the dumbasses and lazy people have it all, while us hard working shlubs have to scrape just to get by?
    You might want to watch what you say since Karma can really, really bite you in the you know what. I can agree some stuff seems unfair however you would be surprised how similar your life can turn out to be. I know I sure was.

I'm lazy as hell...But I work and go to college...I wouldn't mind being spoiled though...>_>

At least you have the choice in how much you do

Something that's really helpful to think about in life is that there are always going to be people who are better off than you and there are always going to be people that are worse off than you. A lot of times you end up feeling better and enjoying life more when you change what you dwell on and what you think about.

It's certainly frustrating when you see situations where other people seem to have it easy and your life seems much worse. And while it is nice to vent about it every now and then and have someone say "Yeah, I know exactly how you feel, let me tell you about this person", it's also important not to dwell on this...because all it does is make you feel worse. I've found I'm a lot happier when I think about all of the good things about my life and how I'm fortunate in a lot of ways.

There are a few other things to keep in mind:

-First off, like someone else mentioned, people who have lives like this don't usually keep on the same way. Don't forget that you're in high school...there's still a lot of life to be lived by both you and the people you mentioned. You may end up being much happier than them in 10 or 20 years, and it may be lasting.

-Also, keep in mind...you are the only person that you see 24/7. I think everyone sometimes feels like they have it worse than everyone around them...and the only way for us to ever know would be to spend every single minute in the shoes of every single other person. This girl you mentioned may look like everything's wonderful, but when she's by herself she may be much more miserable than you are. A lot of people like to hide those feelings and act like everything's cool.

Being rich doesn't make everyone happy. Some rich people commit suicide. Some lose all of their money. Some end up dying lonely and miserable. You never know who someone truly is because you never see someone when they're alone.

So in the big picture...you can't worry about other people. You have to focus on how you can make the most of your own life.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post

Her dad died!? And you're complaining because she got money from it? And that it allows her to be lazy?

I think you're being a bit too harsh. If her father was a multi-millionaire who just gave her everything she wanted, that's one thing. But since he died... maybe it's all just her way of coping.

Peachy

Usually, destiny comes back to bite those kinds of people in the butt. When her family runs out of money, the girl will have nothing left to live from - no knowledge, no experience, and an alcohol problem. You, on the other hand, can proudly say that you've worked for everything you own with your own hands. It's not much compared to the lazy life of that girl, but respect is something you can't buy.

Peachy

I'm sortof like that, but I have a car I bought 100% on my own. Though, my family does give some things to me without me working for it. For example, I was 2-3 parts away from finally finishing my new computer build that took over 4-5 months to save up for and they pitched in the cash for the last couple parts, that's okay in my mind.

I did have a free ride to college (financial aid) and blew that off, I don't know why, I was just out of high school and didn't feel like going back to school lol, I want to go now but just can't afford it.

I do work at home though, so that gets me my spending money and saving money XD.