Diaper Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlforpurity

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a lucrative career that may allow me to invest in ideas. Do you think there is enough money in the ABDL market, and diaper knowledge to try and produce an old baby diaper design in the adult sizes?

Is that even possible? Baby diaper manufacturers will still hold patents and copyrights on those old designs won't they?

You can offer to buy the rights. Plus a lot of those patents should be expired. I think there is something like 15 year window. Much research needs to be done. Plus funding.

Ah. In that case, I'd say that might be worth looking into. Gods know how many abdl's here like to try and squeeze into a baby diaper and dillude themselves into thinking it fits. A true baby diaper made in their appropriate size would be right up their alley way.

It would probably take a whole new diaper making machine with different tooling and dies though. From what I understand, those machines are so expensive they need to be running and making diapers almost 24/7 in krder to make a profit. Whether or not there's THAT kind of demand, I'm not sure of.

1st and foremost u need a CAD program, then take your old style diaper and dissect it, record the measurements of each layer then use the program to come up with the new larger but proportional diaper

I figure finding a baby diaper from 1990 time frame would help preferably Luca or pampers.

- - - Updated - - -

I figure 1.5 million should get it going. But help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Once I get something together would hope to get fellow ABDL's to help. The problem would be pricing to compete with Chinese diaper production. The hope would be to do my own diaper, and try to get other ABDL diaper production contracts.

I vote for the Barney Luvs if you can manage that one...I’ve always been a fan of the big purple dinosaur!

1.5 million will not even cover the cost of a custom built diaper machine to manufacture your replica baby diaper , you would need a free distribution network in place and a couple of million dollars for intial raw materials to crank out your first product.

All in for the first run you better have at least 5 million available and the distribution network to turn them into sales because your intial run will either make or bankrupt the company with no second run and a multi million dollar machine idle and costing you money daily.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Dlforpurity said:
I have a lucrative career that may allow me to invest in ideas. Do you think there is enough money in the ABDL market, and diaper knowledge to try and produce an old baby diaper design in the adult sizes?

Although there are patents around for that sort of thing, there are companies in china that are "build to order" making diapers that are identical except for shell art. Find one of those with a catalog of suitable diaper, get a good artist to design the perfect shell art, and profit!

Dlforpurity said:
I have a lucrative career that may allow me to invest in ideas.
Good on ya! I had a lucrative career also until I discovered that the corporate ladder was circular. Now I make shit again!

Dlforpurity said:
Do you think there is enough money in the ABDL market, and diaper knowledge to try and produce an old baby diaper design in the adult sizes?
From what I can tell, the factories in China are already equipped to make decades-old baby diaper designs. Look at the ABU SDK diapers. They even use an old Pampers graphic that, IIRC, fell into the public domain or something. Or was sold. In short, I don't think much money (relatively speaking) is needed in order to do what you suggest. Personally, I'd rather see some R&D money directed toward the creation of something like modern Pampers, Luvs, and Huggies diapers, but in adult sizes--big soft elastics, big single tabs, cloth-like covers, etc. Maybe even with licensed graphics! (A big baby can dream, right?) If you're the investing type, now's the prime time to get in on that stuff. The percentage of ABDLs who grew up in the era of plastic diapers is dwindling. Bambino has taken the first brave steps into the stretchy-sided ABDL diaper realm, but there's still plenty of work to be done there.

Last edited:
No one is doing a full pad diaper like the classic luvs ca 1985. We have had this discussion before and it was suggested that the Chinese companies could do anything. It would be cool to see someone take this all the way. I wish you good luck.

I remember someone posting a link here a longtime ago to a consultant who facilitated 2nd hand and new diaper machine purchase, setup or organised 3rd party manufacturing.

That guys site said you shouldn’t look at it unless you have $1Mil+

On the flip side if you can get the copyrights for a popular old diaper design and are still prepared to alter it to a homage and assist with the R&D it is something you could approach ABU with for a partnership since they have terrific experience in all these fields.

Oh the possibilities one could have with the money. I'd buy such products if they were made.

Do any of my fellow ABDL's ever work in the diaper industry? I have the matching and mechanical skills. What we need are diaper engineers, and knowledge of materials for the 1980 s baby diapers.

Dlforpurity said:

Have you seen Rearz's Vintage diapers? They were based on the Little Squirts model, but with four tapes instead of two, the shell was all white instead of cyan, and they had a really lightweight "vintage diapers" sort of pattern on them. I liked them quite a lot but they don't appear to be intending to make another run of them.

These were IMHO the best attempt at an "adult pampers" diaper by looks alone. I think if you wanted to go all-in on a "just like the pampers I wore as a kid" diaper, that would be the sort of thing you should aim for, though maybe with just two tapes. The Little Squirtz (and the new Cuddlz) both do a surprisingly good job of fit and leak protection despite just having the two tapes.

I don't think I ever did a mini-review of them, I can get you some pictures if you'd like.

I wonder how hard it would be to get the rights to put Winnie the Pooh theme on the diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the easier way if I had a lot of money to buy a lousy diaper manufacturer like attends and use that as a base to build the new diaper.

Dlforpurity said:
I wonder how hard it would be to get the rights to put Winnie the Pooh theme on the diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the easier way if I had a lot of money to buy a lousy diaper manufacturer like attends and use that as a base to build the new diaper.

I can’t see Disney letting you license their IP for ABDL adult diapers sorry to say.

Am interested to know exactly what sort of diaper recreation you were considering.

Argent said:
I can’t see Disney letting you license their IP for ABDL adult diapers sorry to say.

Am interested to know exactly what sort of diaper recreation you were considering.

Exactly like I said before. No company associated with babies is going to even remotely reisk being associated with abdl when we are often misconstrued as fetish driven pedophiles. It's hust nit going to happen, so how about everyone keep this topic on a more realistic track. And who knows, we might actually get something out of this.

You could consider a trip to another diaper manufacturing facility to have them make your order to spec rather than buying machinery. It would be a way to test the waters to see how the product would be received.

I believe that if you develop a true nostalgia item like late 80's style diapers that smell like walking down the diaper isle of a grocery store then price point becomes less an issue. People like me will pay for the product. If ABU Tykeables size small were about three inches larger in the waist they would have my sole diaper buisness, but the smalls are just a bit too small and the medium come up too high on the hips and loose the babyish feeling.

One to two million dollars sounds about right to set up this sort of manufacturing line, based on my recent experience with setting up a new plant with multiple production lines for pharmaceutical packaging.

To manufacture diapers, you need several steps. First, you need to mix pulp and SAP in some ratio, along with binders and possibly other ingredients, and compress that into the pad. Whether you can go directly to the pad shape or need to do continuous rolls and die cut it after will have to be established. Next, you need to take large rolls of plastic sheeting and liner material and bond them with the pad, then cut the diaper to shape. If you want elastic, it also needs to be bonded in at this stage. Whether you use heat, glue, ultrasonic welding, impulse sealing, or one of several other methods needs to be established. Finally, you need to run the diapers through a folder and into a packager.

If you are really ready to take on this complexity, the first step is to identify the companies that already build these machines, because they already have the know-how to do all this. If you start it as an R&D innovation project, you probably need to multiple your budget by five.

Don't forget that you need to lease a facility with industrial-grade power and loading docks. You need to buy forklifts, pallet racks, and lots of other material handling equipment. All very doable, but you'd best have deep pockets and be willing to hire plenty of expertise.

If your investment amount is more modest, you'll save a lot by going the contract manufacturing route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back