Not open for further replies.

Cnnr

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I hear a lot of people say they want to be incontinent. But I feel that if they actually became incontinent, they might regret it. How did being incontinent effect you?

I was not ic until I had my prostate removed. Three months later, I am still ic. I have some control but every time I sneeze, cough or try and pass gas, a tablespoon or so will come out. I have asthma and cough a lot so you can imagine what happens. Sometimes just getting up from a chair or even walking to the bathroom will cause a leak. Nothing like going to the bathroom and seeing nothing come out as the pee is in the pad. I use guards (pads) in my underwear during the day. I go through four or five of them a day. At work, sometimes the stall is taken so I have to go to another floor to change my pad and clean up. It stinks. Speaking of stinking, sometimes the stall was recently vacated by someone who got their money's worth. If the pads aren't situated right or get too full, I get the infamous wet spot on my pants. Or, if I'm lucky, just some wet underwear.

I'll admit, at first it was a little fun peeing in front of people or using a diaper uncontrollably. But after three months, it's no longer fun. Having to find a bathroom or hurry home when I'm out and about puts an end to fun sometimes. I wish it would get under control. But I am alive. Cancer sucks in more ways than one!

At night I do wear pullups or diapers. I'm mostly dry in the morning. Unless I choose not to. ;)

So I’ve yet to be officially diagnosed with Incontinence but I’m currently experiencing all the signs. I’ve wore diapers on and off for as long as I can remember. For at least 15 years. Never did I feel like I needed the diaper for it’s true purpose in till recently. I would always pee and sometimes poop when diapered but always new I could take them off and be just fine. I’ll be honest I had many thoughts of I wish I was incontinent. Roughly six weeks ago I began to notice my underwear felt damp but I had no recollection of peeing. Turns out I was dripping post peeing. That turned into having accidents happening with no sensation. At that point I called my dr. I’ve been through multiple test and medications and not much change.
I’m now in diapers with my wife knowing. Carrying a diaper bag wherever I go so when I need changed I have all the supplies. Wipes, diapers, powder, rash cream, change of clothes. Just like a baby. It’s embarrassing to say that I’m now dependent on diapers and can’t just wear when I want to. It’s a major life changing experience that I’m just now starting. Being only 35 it’s hard to except.

incontinence has forced me to make a few small changes in my life
one size up in pants
having to carry supplies with me
no more swimming
i pack more for travel

bit over all nothing really changed I have accepted the fact I need diapers and just go about my daily life.

I have accepted my incontinene, wear nappies and get on with my life. So far it hasn't stopped me doing anything I want.

I'm finally loving it!

I've wanted to be incontinent since I've understood what IC even is. About 20 years ago I became urge incontinent with a complication that increasingly left me unable to pee at all. Which was painful in the least, but I did at least like always being able to let go in my diaper.

Three weeks ago I had my prostate removed, and have been uncontrollably leaking all the time. With almost no urges or pain (aside from my turp recovery). I love not having to worry about peeing anymore! I can't say anything better than this is what I've been waiting for my entire life!

Rob110 said:
incontinence has forced me to make a few small changes in my life
one size up in pants
having to carry supplies with me
no more swimming
i pack more for travel

bit over all nothing really changed I have accepted the fact I need diapers and just go about my daily life.

Rob110, why no swimming? I have constant dribbling and urge IC abc I love swimming. I use IC swimming pants and it worked fine. For my story, I had some dribbling after voiding and used level 1 pad. Suddenly one day my dribbling started. After much medical enquirer we cane to conclusion that as I have a Mideast Cerebral Palsy, It is the cause. Now officially diagnosed as having total incontinence. I was already DL, it is “bearable”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incontinence has cost me a lot of money, time, and increased my stress. As a DL I could decide when to wear and when not to, and I could feel a little bit naughty when I decided to wear in public. Being incontinent means I don't get a choice anymore, but it's also taken away some of the thrill I used to get from wearing and wetting around others.

I'd love to get back to a point that I can choose whether to wear our not. I'd rather have my wife decide when I need to wear a diaper to work, rather than having my bladder decide that I always need to wear a diaper to work, and everywhere else besides.

ltaluv said:
Incontinence has cost me a lot of money, time, and increased my stress. As a DL I could decide when to wear and when not to, and I could feel a little bit naughty when I decided to wear in public. Being incontinent means I don't get a choice anymore, but it's also taken away some of the thrill I used to get from wearing and wetting around others.

I'd love to get back to a point that I can choose whether to wear our not. I'd rather have my wife decide when I need to wear a diaper to work, rather than having my bladder decide that I always need to wear a diaper to work, and everywhere else besides.

Word! I agree with what you said. Being constantly ic gives you little choice of when and where to wear.

I don't mind it. It took some getting used to, but honestly, its not the end of the world. I don't mind the diapers. Tonight it came in handy, and I was actually kind of glad I was IC and wore diapers, b/c as I was walking home from Steak N Shake (I must've got some bad food) I went to break some wind b/c my stomach was really cramping and I filled my diaper...ugh. But honestly, better that than my pants.

I've found most people to be accepting. Most people really don't care it seems.

Slomo said:
I'm finally loving it!

I've wanted to be incontinent since I've understood what IC even is. About 20 years ago I became urge incontinent with a complication that increasingly left me unable to pee at all. Which was painful in the least, but I did at least like always being able to let go in my diaper.

Three weeks ago I had my prostate removed, and have been uncontrollably leaking all the time. With almost no urges or pain (aside from my turp recovery). I love not having to worry about peeing anymore! I can't say anything better than this is what I've been waiting for my entire life!

I know how you feel. I enjoy my incontinence too. I honestly couldn't tell you why but I like being incontinent.

It's an inconvenience, but you get used to it. Having to change your diaper 2 or 3 times a day takes some planning, as you have to carry supplies with you and be on the lookout for a place to change. But once you get a routine it becomes much easier. Other people are pretty much unaware of your situation as long as you dress reasonably and don't try to show off.

I've been incontinent (urinary only) for about 6 years now and on the whole it's not terrible, just expensive. If I was on a low income or unemployed it would be a disaster.

I have to plan every outing, I always carry a backpack with supplies, and I always worry like hell if I have to enter a venue where bags are searched. But that is a much less frequent worry than having an accident and wetting myself.

ST50 said:
I have accepted my incontinene, wear nappies and get on with my life. So far it hasn't stopped me doing anything I want.

​It is the same with me.

downtide said:
I always carry a backpack with supplies, and I always worry like hell if I have to enter a venue where bags are searched.

How do you you handle that? I dread going someplace with friends or family where our bags might be searched - I don't want strangers to know, but I especially don't want my friends to know.

I have only been to one event since I've been IC where bags have been searched, but for that I got to use the staff entrance and there was no search involved there. So I've wondered how others manage that issue.

I've mentioned this a couple of times, in prior posts, but since you're bringing the subject up again, figured I'd chime-in to keep things current:
I've had a few incidents where my backpack was questioned. One, while exiting a 'Disabled' stall at a big-chain market. Seems someone complained that an upright man, 'Walking', was seen entering a handicapped stall, and some asshat complained to the store management.
When I calmly explained to the security guard/manager that were standing outside said stall, waiting for my exit from it, that I carry medically necessary supplies in the garment (backpack), allthewhile depositing the tied-off baggy containing my wettened incontinence supplies in the available trashcan,,,,
They both had that 'Look' of utter confusion/shock/surprise/embarrassment, and didn't push the issue to the point of checking my backpack, allowing me to go on my merry way and finish my shopping.
Another time, mostly the same thing, but at a movie theater. Going-in, I was stopped by a manager, and told I couldn't bring my backpack inside with me. They suspected I had video equipment inside, and that I might be trying to do something nefarious. Not wanting to open-up my pack in the lobby, I asked the manager if we could go somewhere more private (his office, it turned-out), and then explained to him the same situation. He looked 'Down' at my waist, and apparently decided that wasn't simply fat tissue causing my loin region to fill-out so much, and apologized to me, then let me on my way.
Lastly, but more importantly-
I had business at my local County Court House, and I knew I would be there awhile. Knowing my own needs for such products, I brought my pack in with me, along with the briefcase holding all the necessary paperwork for my court appearance. I live in a pretty rural County, and there are no x-ray machines to check 'Baggage'. The two Sheriffs standing duty at the entry, called me over, and asked what I was carrying (in my backpack). I don't mind that type of meet-and-greet by law enforcement, as they're merely doing their duty, protecting their post. I set the briefcase down, but didn't reach to remove my backpack (held-on by two shoulder straps, and secured to my back). I calmly explained my reason for being there that day and time, and pointed to the briefcase set down onto the floor, adding what it contained. I then shrugged my shoulders, and explained that my pack held the medically necessary supplies, should my condition warrant their need. Asked what that 'Need' might be? I told them.
Again, both had the composure to appear surprised/embarrassed, but didn't challenge me any further, so I went about my way.

Now, as to the OP about how being IC has caused me trouble?...

It has, and I resent it, every living day of this life.

That is my mountain to climb, and I am attempting to surmount it.

B.

How has IC affected me?

I'm new to this problem, though IC in some shape or form has affected me most of my life. Initially it was bowel incontinence, right up past university. Then some time ago, I started spotting urine IC, and it's slowly been getting worse since.

I haven't peed properly for maybe a year or more (it dribbles, sprays, sometimes manages to form a stream when... oh, it stopped.), but only these last months have I really noticed it, and the last month keeping my continence diary really exposes it.

I wear pullups to work, as (touch wood) I've not had an accident whilst wearing one. Come close on a few occasions. But lately, I've arrived home, stepped out of the pullup, and noticed it's damp, and 1/3rd to 1/2 of the wet indicator has activated.

I'm still really unsure about wearing nappies to work (though I wear nappies everywhere else these days, including to medical appointments), and I think it's purely because of the logistics of changing at work. Maybe after my surgery in a few weeks, if required, I'll chat to HR about getting a covered bin and a chair (because there's no toilet seat cover) in the disabled toilet on my floor.

Other than that, I'm in good head space (I think partly because of what people are documenting about their experiences here, and partly because my sisters all seem to be ok with my issue).

When I became incontinent it was my wife who is very pragmatic who told me to stop whining about it. and wear nappies and get on with my life. She said "Get over it you wet your self and the bed at night so what" I took this on board and decided to do just that. This of course has resulted in me becoming very much DL. My wife says she doesn't mind if it helps me cope then so be it.

ltaluv said:
How do you you handle that? I dread going someplace with friends or family where our bags might be searched - I don't want strangers to know, but I especially don't want my friends to know.

I have only been to one event since I've been IC where bags have been searched, but for that I got to use the staff entrance and there was no search involved there. So I've wondered how others manage that issue.

For most outings you actually don't ecmven need to carry a bag with diaper supplies. Just change beforehand, and you should be good for at least 6 hours, maybe even 8+ if you're using the right diaper.

IF you do end up needing a change while out, all you really need is just a spare diaper. For urinary incontinence only you can easily skip the powders, lotions, wipes, etc. for just one or two changes. And just a spare diaper alone can easily be concealed in just about any small bag (including plastic bags) or briefcase. Just excuse yourself, go get your bag, and change in the nearest restroom.

ltaluv said:

Depending on how long I'm out for and whether I will be drinking alcohol or not, I will have two or three catheters, a spare diaper, disposal bags, wipes and a small bottle of hand sanitiser. I haven't been on a flight since I became incontinent but I've been through security checks a few times, at music festivals mostly. I usually tell them quietly "You can look but please don't take out any of the medical things." Only once did someone not do that; it was a female security guard and she pulled out one of my catheters and demanded to know what it was. I told her and she blushed bright red and put it back.

For shorter trips, up to about 4 hours, I just take a catheter and the hand sanitiser. I won't leak enough in 4 hours to warrant a diaper-change, unless I drink more than a pint of beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back