Thread: colds / flus and pseudoephedrine

Default colds / flus and pseudoephedrine

Holy Crap I wish people had of told me that pseudoephedrine
    works wonders with the common cold and flu, makes it sooo much tolerateable.

I'm feeling a bit drowsy at the moment, but I'm loving this.

I've also been chewing on vitamin C tablets, and taking b12 vitamins reason for the b12 vitamins is as a trans-girl CPA really fucks with b12 so it's a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJess View Post
    Holy Crap I wish people had of told me that pseudoephedrine
    works wonders with the common cold and flu, makes it sooo much tolerateable.

I'm feeling a bit drowsy at the moment, but I'm loving this.

I've also been chewing on vitamin C tablets, and taking b12 vitamins reason for the b12 vitamins is as a trans-girl CPA really fucks with b12 so it's a precaution.
    Yes, that's supposed to be the best stuff for when you have a cold. Here in the U. S. you have to ask the Pharmacist because it's controlled. That's because it's one of the ingredients in making meth.

Always keep in mind that it's not helping the flu only the symptoms. I don't like these kinds of meds because they tend give you the illusion that you feel a lot better while in fact you're still sick. So you can take this and stay in bed, watch netflix and be fine.

Hahaha! I remember the day I discovered pseudoephedrine -- only a couple of years back (I tend to avoid OTC medicines).

OMG! I can breathe again! Totally cleared out my stuffy head and banging headache. A gramme of paracetamol and I almost forgot I was ill. I did find it quite dehydrating, though. Never exceed the recommended dose, and keep hydrated!

The only problem I have is that, by the time I get ill, the tablets in the cupboard have passed their expiry date, and if I'm ill enough to take tablets, I'm too ill to walk to the shops. Arf.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yes, that's supposed to be the best stuff for when you have a cold. Here in the U. S. you have to ask the Pharmacist because it's controlled. That's because it's one of the ingredients in making meth.
    Apparently there are a few ways to make meth (I got way too into Breaking Bad!). I think something else was used as a precursor chemical until it was banned, and then everyone started using different ingredients with pseudoephedrine as a precursor. Might be wrong -- I'm no expert! lol

Pseudoephedrine isn't a controlled drug in the UK. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I think it's restricted in that it's only allowed to be sold by chemists (pharmacies), must be kept behind the counter (not available for customer self-selection), and you're probably limited to the number of tablets you can buy in one transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hahaha! I remember the day I discovered pseudoephedrine -- only a couple of years back (I tend to avoid OTC medicines).

OMG! I can breathe again! Totally cleared out my stuffy head and banging headache. A gramme of paracetamol and I almost forgot I was ill. I did find it quite dehydrating, though. Never exceed the recommended dose, and keep hydrated!

The only problem I have is that, by the time I get ill, the tablets in the cupboard have passed their expiry date, and if I'm ill enough to take tablets, I'm too ill to walk to the shops. Arf.

Apparently there are a few ways to make meth (I got way too into Breaking Bad!). I think something else was used as a precursor chemical until it was banned, and then everyone started using different ingredients with pseudoephedrine as a precursor. Might be wrong -- I'm no expert! lol

Pseudoephedrine isn't a controlled drug in the UK. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I think it's restricted in that it's only allowed to be sold by chemists (pharmacies), must be kept behind the counter (not available for customer self-selection), and you're probably limited to the number of tablets you can buy in one transaction.
    It's the same here in the US. Not controlled, exactly. Kept behind the counter, and you have to show your ID.