Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So um. Finally got some diapers...but a quick question about size...

Default So um. Finally got some diapers...but a quick question about size...

I finally got some guts, walked over to the nearest Walgreens, and just bought them. I got the 20 small Walgreens brand. Got them home, no issue. I mean, I guess I was there for awhile getting other things anyways, but no issues.

The question though. I got the small, thinking they would fit, I apparently actually am not fat like I would like myself to believe. In fact, people always think I'm like 10-20 pounds less than I am. Of course I thought the smalls would fit because I am small...

They fit kinda loose. >.< It might just be me being paranoid what with them being my first and all, but still. Any suggestions?

angelabauer

Okay, so how much do you weigh? What are your waist and hip sizes? How tall are you? What is the size of your upper thighs where the leg holes will go?

All of those are factors to decide what size diaper to wear. What brand and style did you buy? What did the package say about intended size?

I am considered a petite woman. I am 5'3" tall, weigh no more than 106 pounds. My hips are 29" Since Attends stopped selling their classic Small Briefs in stores I cannot go to a store and buy adult disposables small enough to be effective on me. Some of the pull-on will fit me but those are not a replacement for briefs. I must order Attends on-line. Youth is their new name for classic Small. Those have poly-plastic backing and sticky tapes. Attends Breathable Small are the same size with a cloth-like outer shell.

If a guy were my size he probably could use a slightly larger diaper because chances are his thighs are bigger. With women the hip size is critical. Most men have only a slight difference between hips and waist, so for guys the waist size is good enough.

Umm, they're Certainty Underwear, 34"- 46".

Don't know my waist and hip sizes, but I believe myself to be just about 30" around the waist. I'm actually 160, but apparently that's good in this society. I'm 5'6 tall. I still want to call myself fat, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

It's kinda loose on my waist and legs.

I've had the same problem. Bought my first diapers, but came to the conclusion they didn't fit. Or so I thought. So after that I tried large, and Now I try small. they don't cost all that much, and I still don't have a reall clue what I should pick (Large is too big in any case, so its either medium or small)

angelabauer

Certainty Underwear, 34-46" might very well be slightly large for you. At 5'6" and 160 pounds you might be slightly over weight, but the makers of diapers are not here to judge that.

Try on the Certainty and see if the top can be closed down enough to stay in place without the tapes meeting in the middle. Will the lower tapes close enough that the diaper is secure and snug around your upper thighs. If there is a middle tape that should help keep the diaper in place and reduce side seam leaks.

If this diaper is too large, then probably you will need to order on-line.

Hmm, I guess I'll wait till I put on the next one, and double-check on the fitting from there. You know, see if it maybe was me being paranoid.

If not, I might have to try smaller ones from now on.

Darkfinn

I see your problem.

Why do people always buy the "UNDERWEAR" and think they are diapers?

Diapers do not pull on. They have tape (or velcro) tabs that you fasten for a proper fit. Adult pullups suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I see your problem.

Why do people always buy the "UNDERWEAR" and think they are diapers?

Diapers do not pull on. They have tape (or velcro) tabs that you fasten for a proper fit. Adult pullups suck.
    THANK YOU! Absorbent underwear =/= Oversized Diaper.

Ah. I see. Well. I know what to look for 20 diapers from now then. You definitely have enough experience to know. Alrighty.Thanks. :]

Anon, Are they pull ups or tape on diapers? If they are tape on diapers you should be able to adjust them and make them fit. pull ons not adjustable. but you can hold them up with a pair of tighty whites. peace.