Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i know this been brough up - the idea 24/7

Default i know this been brough up - the idea 24/7

how does someone know if they are ready to go 24/7diapers... i can go a wk straight and be ok... i dont mind wearing in public anymore... the only thing tht still keeps me from a 24/7 state of mind is a #2 in a diaper... i cant get over tha idea...

any thought/ suggestions on getting over that one fear i have??

Well, don't go number 2. You can wet it all you want and develope a week bladder while still keeping your bowl controll. That about solves it.

Also, I'd sugest re-reading your post a bit. Take the time to write out week instead of wk and make sure your grammer acceptable. It doesn't have to be perfect (I know there's a few spelling mistakes in this post) but it does have to be a little better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Well, don't go number 2. You can wet it all you want and develope a week bladder while still keeping your bowl controll. That about solves it.

Also, I'd sugest re-reading your post a bit. Take the time to write out week instead of wk and make sure your grammer acceptable. It doesn't have to be perfect (I know there's a few spelling mistakes in this post) but it does have to be a little better than that.
    There's more going on here than only spelling issues. Pot? Phone-call, Mr. Kettle is on the line!

Posts innumerable have cited going 24/7 and becoming incontinent a very bad idea. I'm sure that folks with experience will chime in, but the short of it is that incontinence really sucks and gets in the way of other things. Even "only" urinary incontinence.

without touching the incontinence debate, I think the best way to get over a #2 phobia is to go #2. Just wait till you need to, if you're not diapered, diaper up, then go to the restroom where it's safe, and cleanup will be easy. Take a shower afterward if you want to make cleanup easier.

Eventually, if you decide to keep it up, you'll gain enough confidence to let it happen naturally. I generally diaper up before bed at night, and relax, including pooping my pants in the morning before I get up. Between this and enjoying my bink, my mornings have become a LOT nicer recently. Then I get up, clean up, take a shower. The diapy goes into a ziplock, and into the trash, and I'm all set for the day. Worst case scenario, the bathroom smells like poop.

I wear 24/7 and don't have to do that in a diaper, nor do I ever plan on it >.> There are no real suggestions except, don't do it if you don't want to. You can still be 24/7 without having to do that in a diaper.

ya, just as everyone has said here. You don't have to poop in your diaper. I usually do it though, when 24/7, b/c of the rediculus cost of diapers, if I have to poop and it is only a damp diaper, I guess I am messing it.

I've been wearing 24/7 again this past week. I did it for a couple of weeks during the winter than ran out of diapers and family drama happened and I had to stop. I've been wearing at night pretty much ever since...I'm back at it during day time too.

In my first attempt at wearing 24/7 this winter I managed to do a good job of relaxing my bladder so I could wet while in bed....but downside (depending on perspective) was that I also now have a very relaxed sphincter (asshole) and now my ass leaks....I've been having to wear at night for that specific reason...it doesn't seem to be as much of an issue during the day (mostly cuz I can use the restroom when I feel it leaking) but at night its been an issue and the diapers have been excellent for dealing with that.

I lost my relaxation on my bladder and I'm trying to get back to that point of bladder relaxation but its a work in progress. I'm totally comfortable changing in public restrooms and wearing in public - no one notices or cares.

Lately I've been wearing pull ups during the day and wearing the XPlus at night. I'm not thrilled with these pull ups - the Assurance Wal*Mart pull up - and I just discovered a local store carries basically the same diaper as Assurance just with their name on.....but the physical diaper is the same...even same price.

Although I tried the Walgreens Certainty diapers earlier this week....CRAP...they're designed for women...not guys.....there wasn't enough width in the crotch to hold my junk (and I'm average sized) and they leaked.....I won't do Walgreens any more.

I'm thinkin I may switch to wearing Abena Supers air-weight b/c they're thinner and more breathable when i'm out and about....and keep the Xpluses for night time. I've worn the XPlus out in public several times....it works fine so long as I'm just runnin to the store or movie shop late at night when I don't care...but definately a bit bulky for everyday runnin' around.

I wore the Xplus on a roadtrip recently.....amazing....I didn't have to stop for the bathroom once while I was enroute...and I wasn't uncomfortable....I love the X Plus....as most of us seem to...

anywho...enough ranting...

CheerS!

Darkfinn

I've been "24/7" for over a year now. I typically do not go #2 in my diaper. I have a good bowel schedule (thankfully) and wait until changing time for twosies. I tried strict 24/7 for a couple of weeks... and I must say no thanks.

Nowhere in the rules of 24/7 wearing does it state that you must poop the diaper.

If you think you are ready for 24/7 just start doing it... you know that you can stop anytime.

Peachy

I tend to agree with Darkfinn. Going 24/7 for just wetting only is one level of diaper indulgence. It's less complicated because you don't have to deal with the smell, the clean up and other issues, like carrying additional extra diapers in case you have to mess your dry diaper and then need a new one rather than waiting until it's wet and almost leaking. So it's also more expensive.

Going 24/7 including using your diapers for #2 is another level of indulgence. It complicates things because you may receive disapproval from the people around you when you crap your diaper whenever and wherever you feel just the slightest urge to go.

There's also a middle ground, where you only mess your diaper at home when it's ready to be changed anyway, and if you feel the urge to poop while you're away from home or in a fresh diaper, take the diaper off and use the potty. I guess this type of 24/7 is the only type of diaper use I would personally find socially acceptable if you're not incontinent.

Peachy

I wore 24/7 for over a year and now I wear all the time now. I peed in them only in public but never lost bladder control and when I had to go number two, I used the restroom and did it in the pot.