Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is This Crossing a Line?

Default Is This Crossing a Line?

I made a blog post about this and haven't gotten any replies, and would like some people's opinions, so...

Lately I've taken to lying next to my mother as she sits on the couch, and resting my head on the pillow on her lap, or by her leg. (The jealous dog who thinks this is some kind of invitation to play is a major bother though.) I'm what you could call ''touch-starved,'' which has a negative impact on my mental health, and do this to try to gain some little bit of human contact. I don't think she's always 100% thrilled to have me there (the other day I heard ''You're invading my space'' and maybe she tried to push me away a bit), but she doesn't try too hard to get rid of me.

Sometimes I have my pacifier, and yesterday morning I put my head on her lap pillow and finished my bottle (while wearing footie pajamas with a modded Pull-Up underneath).

I'm just not completely sure if this is OK or if I'm treading into some kind of taboo waters. Like I'm forcing my interests onto my mother or something? Even though my mom knows about the diaper thing now, I still try to keep it fairly low-key. The way I look at is, this is pretty much my only option for semi-meaningful human contact. I'm just trying to dampen that deep, nagging need inside of me for some attention and affection. It's not like I'm asking for a diaper change or anything, although I have noticed my mood shifting to kind of playful and attention-seeking during these times.

It sounds like you might be. You should never force your diaper related interests onto someone else. Your being diapered with a paci while invading her space does count as just that.

If it is ok for everyone involved than it is ok.

You should not force the others to things they don't want.

She's telling you how she feels and you need to listen to it. It's too bad because it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. My little pal likes to do the same thing and I enjoy it. I'm not your mom and she's not liking it, so you should back off. Sorry I can't give you a happier answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    It sounds like you might be. You should never force your diaper related interests onto someone else. Your being diapered with a paci while invading her space does count as just that.
    My mother has seen me with a pacifier many times before, so it's nothing new. I also doubt she picks up on it when I'm wearing a diaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    She's telling you how she feels and you need to listen to it. It's too bad because it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. My little pal likes to do the same thing and I enjoy it. I'm not your mom and she's not liking it, so you should back off. Sorry I can't give you a happier answer.
    She didn't try to push me away the last couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWolfNagihiko View Post
    [snipped]She didn't try to push me away the last couple of times.
    She's your mom. She's registered her complaint but she endures because she loves you. It's one of those "this is my life now" things. She's not into it. She probably just expects more boundary space between herself and her adult child on most occasions.

I do enjoy it (with the right person) and still my little guy asks every time. It's a norm between us but he still wants that positive assent before pushing on my space.
    Last edited by Trevor; 2 Weeks Ago at 18:25. Reason: Additional thought

She's your mom. She's registered her complaint but she endures because she loves you. It's one of those "this is my life now" things. She's not into it. She probably just expects more boundary space between herself and her adult child on most occasions.

I do enjoy it (with the right person) and still my little guy asks every time. It's a norm between us but he still wants that positive assent before pushing on my space.
    When I came out to my mom about wearing diapers and being an adult baby, I tried sticking to the basic details. She didn't need to know about the sexual element so I left that out - in addition to the whole fact that I desperately yearn for someone to nurture and care for me like an actual child. So there were no ground rules set, no ''Is it OK for me to do this or this?'' So I'm not sure if my mom registers the fact that when I come lie next to her, that's where it's coming from.

I just know that feeling unwanted hurts.

When I came out to my mom about wearing diapers and being an adult baby, I tried sticking to the basic details. She didn't need to know about the sexual element so I left that out - in addition to the whole fact that I desperately yearn for someone to nurture and care for me like an actual child. So there were no ground rules set, no ''Is it OK for me to do this or this?'' So I'm not sure if my mom registers the fact that when I come lie next to her, that's where it's coming from.

I just know that feeling unwanted hurts.
    She did her time nurturing you as a chronological child. It's a job for someone else, someone into it or into us to fulfill that need now. I'm not in her head, so I don't know if it's the ABDL stuff that makes it uncomfortable for her but I would guess that's just icing on the boundary pushing cake. Adults who aren't intimate usually give more space than that most of the time.

I really get your needs. I think my general boundaries are higher than most people but I've learned it's really good to lower them in the right situation. I think your mom is telling you this isn't the right situation and I think it behooves you to respect that. The only reasonable fallback position is to discuss it with her but I think you'd need to be sensitive to the idea that her saying "yes" might well not actually mean that.

Concentrate on finding someone to play with who wants it. The difference between someone who stiffens, recoils, or otherwise puts up barrier and someone who is enthusiastic and happy play is so categorically different. You're pushing a square peg in a round hole. Find someone who makes you feel wanted.

I'm not in her head, so I don't know if it's the ABDL stuff that makes it uncomfortable for her but I would guess that's just icing on the boundary pushing cake.
    OK, I get that the cuddling thing may be pushing it. But what about the other AB stuff I've gotten used to doing around her - which is mostly just having a bottle or sippy cup? She's never complained about it or made any indication that it makes her uncomfortable, and I'd hate to have to go back to sneaking around more like I was before I came out about it.

OK, I get that the cuddling thing may be pushing it. But what about the other AB stuff I've gotten used to doing around her - which is mostly just having a bottle or sippy cup? She's never complained about it or made any indication that it makes her uncomfortable, and I'd hate to have to go back to sneaking around more like I was before I came out about it.
    If I had to say, I think it's just the personal boundary thing. It's pretty easy to get used to someone you love walking around with different accessories. The difference now is you're asking her to be involved and she felt uncomfortable. Do your own thing but don't try to drag her into it.