Thread: Screw the job market.

Default Screw the job market.

This is a rant, I'm so pissed off at the job market in adelaide, why the hell is adelaide such a shit hole when it comes to jobs?

All I want to do, is get a job, and move out from a abusive house hold, WHY THE HELL IS THIS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE?

I've gotten beyond sick of this bullshit, it's taken me nearly 3 years of constant applying on job bored, looking around for work, and nothing...

There are no full time jobs or jobs that pay enough for me to move out on my own, and I can't stand another fucking minute in a room that is literally harming my health, it's fucking with my kidneys and causing fuck knows what.

My body is so exhausted from this heat I've been hallucinating pretty much every single day due to high temperatures that nobody should be fucking exposed to.

I can see why people turn to drugs and become drug dealers, this is beyond fucking bullshit, a 20 year old without a history of employment is DOOMED to be fucking homeless without a future all because a company refuses to hire anyone for a job that requires no fucking experience.

I'm autistic so that really narrows down the jobs I can do, and it's so fucking annoying when 99% of the jobs I can do, require you to have 3 years experience in that god damn area.

A fucking monkey can do half these jobs, why the fuck do I need 3 years experience to call someone argh.or to put things into fucking boxes.

I'm so pissed off that companies have fucked us over job wise, I've got no fucking hope or future, I've been looking for 3 fucking years and I have had enough.

I'm gonna end up homeless and dying in a ditch, fucking thanks society, that's how you reward people who are unemployed you never fucking hire them and hope they die in a ditch.

Fuck this bullshit, I'm so sick of it argh.

Politicians wonder why the unemployment rate for youths is so high in this shitty state, it wouldn't you know IMPOSSIBLE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS and done in such a way anyone fresh out of school can't get a job anywhere.

I've been applying for jobs and trying to move out since I'm 16, EVERYBODY refuses to hire people without any form of experience, I need to get out of my living situation NOW and this is proving impossible.

I'm more likely to get mugged, than I am ever getting a job in this shitty state.

Oh and I think 99% of online job advertisements are fake, it seems like a god damn endless void, I'm pretty sure sites like seek are useless and I hate it when places require you to apply online, like 99% of the shit holes in this area.

I apologize for this language, but I'm at a breaking point because this is bloody insane, I'm sick of being abused, and I most likely will get assaulted, hit or murdered due to me transitioning.

I just want to be a independent adult, get away from abuse that's destroying me mentally and no company even bothers to give me that choice.

I've pretty much have done 3000+ job applications, my resume is fine... people just practically ignore it.

Have you looked into employment agencies at all I did temp jobs for one when I was penny-less many moons ago. The pay was also a lot better then many entry level positions

https://www.hays.com.au/general-content/HAYS_123831
    http://au.hudson.com/contact-us/adelaide

also I'm sorry to hear your job search isn't going well. I've was laid off myself following the great recession I know how frustrating it can be to be passed over for every job you apply to. I got pretty depressed during that time. Hang in there something will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by soupy View Post
    Have you looked into employment agencies at all I did temp jobs for one when I was penny-less many moons ago. The pay was also a lot better then many entry level positions

https://www.hays.com.au/general-content/HAYS_123831
    http://au.hudson.com/contact-us/adelaide

also I'm sorry to hear your job search isn't going well. I've was laid off myself following the great recession I know how frustrating it can be to be passed over for every job you apply to. I got pretty depressed during that time. Hang in there something will come up.
    Yep, I have, not much luck and it's depressing me sadly

Can't answer much to a rant because they are typically one-sided and subject to your emotions.
    All I can do is offer you some comfort: You are still very young and you will eventually find a job. Only condition: You have to keep trying hard!

I think the best approach is to try and learn from it. It could be helpful to contact the interviewer and ask for some feedback about your interview. They may have some suggestions about how to amswer some questions better or if the resume could be better formatted to highlight particular skills or experience.

Employers can receive literally hundreds of applications for a position. The fact that you got an interview is a huge achievement. You just need to build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pampersguy View Post
    Can't answer much to a rant because they are typically one-sided and subject to your emotions.
    All I can do is offer you some comfort: You are still very young and you will eventually find a job. Only condition: You have to keep trying hard!
    I'm not being one sided, It's a well known problem in Adelaide that politicians do fuck all to fix other than blame the "millennial"

All you have to do is 5 minutes of digging to see how bad the situation is here.

The youth unemployment rate is somewhere between 20-30% out of all the mates I grew up in high school, only 3 founds jobs.

There are no new jobs coming into the state because everyone is packing there bags and moving overseas.

The new economy is being screwed, politicians are aware of the issue, but point the finger at "oh we aren't ready to have jobs, we aren't trying hard enough".

I have a license to work in a bar is it any use to me? not really, 99% of all bar jobs required me to have worked in a bar, I'm not kidding all advertised positions for specific jobs want you to work in that specific area, which is impossible if none actually hire people without experience.

Literally it's done in such a way, nobody without experience can get a job in anything other than McDonalds

http://www.news.com.au/finance/econo...bb306d62f920ba

I've known many people who have left this state for unemployment and got jobs within a few days of leaving, I'm not kidding when I say, there are basically no jobs for a 20 year old without work experience....

Don't get me started on volunteering and internships / apprenticeships there just as bad. The only jobs out there that I can get aren't worth it, I'm not walking an hour to get $1 delivering shitty pamphlets.....

Only jobs I can get is McDonalds or joining the army, nothing else... I mean literally.

I'm not kidding, I could easily move states and get something in a week (infact I tested this by applying to jobs in another state) every single one got called back and one guy wanted to hire me...

Why is it here it's taken me nearly 5,000+ applications and many years of looking for one interview, and in another state 1 hour, same resume and everything.

Don't get me started on "Job Agencies" there pretty much useless here, they may get you a job 500km away.

One example, my dad worked in a car factory for 10 years, due to shit changing a lot within the last 10 years, he cannot find a job anywhere....

Yes, LittleJess, I'm not challenging anything here. There are many areas with a shitty job market. And yet you can't change any of this right now...you have to get by with the circumstances life throws at you right now, I fear. This doesn't mean it will always be like this. Eventually you will get a job (never ever heard of a person your age that didn't eventually landed a job AND actually wanted one) and eventually you will move to an area with some jobs to choose from, not only the restaurant with the golden M.
    Aren't there any Australia members here that can get LittleJess a job somewhere in this huge ass country?