Wearing diapers and tampons and maxi pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwaysman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does anyone wear diapers maxi pads and tampons? How do you like the feeling?

I prefer pull-ups and diapers. I quit wearing tampons and maxi pads 3 years ago when I started wearing padding full time. I probably gave my stash to my daughter. I do use a menstrual cup still though it helps keep it contained some if I don't want to have to change for a while.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I don't wear any. I have a IUD and when I bleed or spot, I just have it in my diaper.

I do wear a tampon when I’m diapered and it’s that time of the month. Diapers are there to absorb urine and occasionally mess in my eyes. And I can’t rely on it to do both.

Reactions: Katgirl
Most everyone here probably wears a diaper (or pulkup) of some sort. Tampons and maxi pads are a waste though. Even for just dribbling, a baby diaper will work better and cost far less when you stuff them down regular underwear.

How does a male (e.g., the OP) use a tampon? Maybe I don't want to know! Leaving one loose in a diaper sounds uncomfortable and totally non-functional. Putting one anywhere else--seems like a great way to end up in the hospital.

In my teens, I played a lot with maxi pads, but never found them to be especially worthwhile as diapers or diaper boosters. The modern "heavy flow" variety are presumably better than nothing, but I'd sooner use a purpose-made booster or a baby diaper.

There's a subtle advantage to wearing a tampon as well as a nappy during periods. Perios leaks are embarrassing but they happen, and most people are sympathetic towards anyone who experiences one. They don't tend to extend very far though and can sometimes be concealed. A wet leak from a nappy can spread much further without being too visible especially on dark clothes, then almost disappears once dry. But a combined wet and period leak could be far reaching, highly visible and unusual in appearance, and would require an immediate change of clothes. OTOH I can't see much purpose wearing a pad inside a nappy!

Cottontail said:
How does a male (e.g., the OP) use a tampon? Maybe I don't want to know! Leaving one loose in a diaper sounds uncomfortable and totally non-functional. Putting one anywhere else--seems like a great way to end up in the hospital.

In my teens, I played a lot with maxi pads, but never found them to be especially worthwhile as diapers or diaper boosters. The modern "heavy flow" variety are presumably better than nothing, but I'd sooner use a purpose-made booster or a baby diaper.

By removing the applicator and laying it in the diaper to soak up pee. Or for a "different" experience, insert one analy. Guys won't get any absorption out of it, but that wouldn't be the point.

And you're right. Boosters of most any kind are not a good idea. They will increase how much pee will get absorbed, but they do nothing to improve the diapers reliability. Actually, the opposite. When the diaper does leak, thanks to the booster there will be more pee there to leak. And when it comes to bowel accidents, the booster takes up room inside the diaper, and makes leaks and blowouts much more likely.

As a general rule of thumb, it is always better to just get a diaper capable of absorbing what you need right from the start. Many times you'll find the better diapers cost little to no more than the added cost of a cheaper diaper and booster too.

I used to wear pads for my periods and tampons only for swimming, but I'm starting to use tampons more often, particularly in conjunction with a diaper. I always sleep in padding, and because wearing one tampon for more than eight hours at a time isn't recommended, what I did during my last period was fold up paper towels (toilet paper didn't work as well) and lay it inside my Pull-Up at night. That way I could still sleep padded but the Pull-Up wouldn't get bloody.

I use diapers with a menstrual cup when bleeding out ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back