best wet diaper indicater ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggreggy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i was walking to my car today (thinking about my wet diaper) when i sawa jeep tricked out for climbing. written upside down on the back window it said "if you can read this turn me over"

and i thought what if diapers had a wetness indicator that would appear (rather than disappear) when wet that said "if you can read this im wet--change me" or
i just peed again, or not only did i just pee but i pooped too. lol that would be so funny!

or maybe im justwierd

You are weird! :smile:

But then again, I like your idea.

Love it! That feature should definitely be on a diaper somewhere!

heheh that be cool

You have to obtain a patent X3

Lol, I think that'd be entertaining/funny. Then again I prefer most wetness indicators and weird things anyway. Sure it's a weird idea, but then again we're part of what's typically considered a "weird" community haha

I think it'd be pretty fun if a diaper were made that'd glow in the dark when wet. I literally just thought of that within the past hour of reading your post :biggrin:

hey captain, they make glow in the dark fish and other animals now, so why not a glow in the dark diaper. lol it would be great fun at parties.

Heheh, right? It's kinda funny how it's on the opposite side of the spectrum of discretion which is probably more typical and/or preferred

I don't know the science behind pulp and SAP or glow in the dark chemicals, let alone ones that react to moisture, but as long as the quality and performance wasn't effected and the chemicals were safe, it'd work. I could imagine it being possible. And I'm sure having a glow in the dark shell or parts of it glow in the dark is totally possible.

I like @ggreggy 's idea of something appearing instead of fading too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost bought a t shirt the other day that said "If you can read this you can change me " unfortunately I didn't buy it I bought a hoodie that said "loading diaper please wait" with a half completed red progress meter.place had a vast array of baby onesies and mom and dad ABDL shirts , I will be shopping there again soon !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

That's actually a great idea.

well we have the "yellow changes to blue" already... so what you need to do is print words in that changing ink, and then lay down a matching non-changing yellow over the top of that. (remember this is on the inside of the shell) So when dry, you have yellow on yellow and don't see anything. But when wet, the writing changes to blue and you have blue on yellow and it's much more visible.

The problem here is I think yellow diapers won't sell well. So someone probably needs to come up with some other starting color. (white would be ideal because it wouldn't require an overprint)

bambinod said:
well we have the "yellow changes to blue" already...

There's also the simple fade when wet indicators that don't necessarily change color, but disappear when wet and I think those are usually blue. So you could have a diaper with blue on the outside of the shell and fade when wet blue on the inside of the shell in a certain design so the negative space left when the blue fades out makes lettering or a design.

bambinod said:
The problem here is I think yellow diapers won't sell well. So someone probably needs to come up with some other starting color. (white would be ideal because it wouldn't require an overprint)

I agree. While I'm sure there are some who wouldn't mind or even prefer a yellow diaper, I have a feeling most wouldn't (including myself). Then again, you could have the entire diaper be covered in wetness indicator (so it'd be yellow) and it'd be up to you to turn it blue lol.

I also have a feeling that diapers like these would be pretty fun and novel and most ABDLs would get a kick out of them, but I think for the most part they'd be for certain occasions as opposed to typical wearing. I'd like to have and try some of the ideas pitched here, but probably wouldn't use them every time I wore.

TheCaptain said:
Then again, you could have the entire diaper be covered in wetness indicator (so it'd be yellow) and it'd be up to you to turn it blue lol.

Yep that's what I was thinking, it would just look better if it could be all white to start with and change to some other color (like blue) when wet. That would make it really easy to see just how wet your diaper is.

I also have a feeling that diapers like these would be pretty fun and novel and most ABDLs would get a kick out of them, but I think for the most part they'd be for certain occasions as opposed to typical wearing. I'd like to have and try some of the ideas pitched here, but probably wouldn't use them every time I wore.

Not wetting a diaper with such a specific wetness indicator would be a waste!

bambinod said:
Yep that's what I was thinking, it would just look better if it could be all white to start with and change to some other color (like blue) when wet. That would make it really easy to see just how wet your diaper is.

I totally agree. Starting off with a natural white then transitioning to blue would be way better, not to mention would make adding designs easier and better too. I always assumed it's always yellow to blue because the chemicals required to make that type of wetness indicator were physically constrained to those colors. Then again, considering what we're capable of with technology nowadays, I'd imagine creating a wetness indicator with different colors wouldn't be asking too much. It'd just require some R&D which would require an investment. Now that's what usually prevents companies (and people)from trying new things.

bambinod said:
Not wetting a diaper with such a specific wetness indicator would be a waste!

It would be a HUGE waste. I already consider not wetting a worn diaper a waste to begin with, let a lone if the whole design of the diaper was based around being wet lol

The ultimate wetness indicator is when you un-snap your onesie and the diaper collapses , nothing says time for a change like that!!

For me, the best wetness indicators are the fade when wet paws on Little Pawz diapers, they are such a cute feature and they really make me feel little. I also think there's no substitute for when your diaper balloons and sags.

You can already do this actually. I've thought about this before lol. All you have to do is put the message on the diaper first and then make sure the wetness indicator is the same color as the text. As the diaper get wetter the text will appear as the wetness indicator changes color.

example:
96ba94ca987061e4bed5895d14b05525.gif

Tetra said:
The ultimate wetness indicator is when you un-snap your onesie and the diaper collapses , nothing says time for a change like that!!

I'd say that's the closest you can get to a diaper leaking everywhere without it actually leaking. Now that's really a sign that a change is needed lol

Poofybutt said:
For me, the best wetness indicators are the fade when wet paws on Little Pawz diapers, they are such a cute feature and they really make me feel little. I also think there's no substitute for when your diaper balloons and sags.

I want to try some Little Pawz soooo badly! I've tried the Space and those are some of my favs so I've already deduced that the Little Pawz I'll like even more since I totally dig their graphics. I'll probably get a pack once I'm almost through my current pack of Safaris.

kratox said:
You can already do this actually. I've thought about this before lol. All you have to do is put the message on the diaper first and then make sure the wetness indicator is the same color as the text. As the diaper get wetter the text will appear as the wetness indicator changes color.

example:
96ba94ca987061e4bed5895d14b05525.gif

That's the thing. The idea of it is fairly simple and straightforward. The implementation, not quite as simple. I have a feeling wetness indicators are the colors they are for a reason. After tons of time and money was put towards developing and creating the wetness indicators we're all familiar with, they turned out the way they did because that was what all that R&D culminated to and what was physically necessary to have them work. Simply saying "make a wetness indicator that fades from this color to this color" probably isn't as simple as adding some pigments or coloring over it. Still though, I'm sure (and hope) it's gotta be possible none the less.

TheCaptain said:
I'd say that's the closest you can get to a diaper leaking everywhere without it actually leaking. Now that's really a sign that a change is needed lol

I want to try some Little Pawz soooo badly! I've tried the Space and those are some of my favs so I've already deduced that the Little Pawz I'll like even more since I totally dig their graphics. I'll probably get a pack once I'm almost through my current pack of Safaris.

That's the thing. The idea of it is fairly simple and straightforward. The implementation, not quite as simple. I have a feeling wetness indicators are the colors they are for a reason. After tons of time and money was put towards developing and creating the wetness indicators we're all familiar with, they turned out the way they did because that was what all that R&D culminated to and what was physically necessary to have them work. Simply saying "make a wetness indicator that fades from this color to this color" probably isn't as simple as adding some pigments or coloring over it. Still though, I'm sure (and hope) it's gotta be possible none the less.

You misunderstood me.
That was a example wetness indicators don't go through like 5 different colors lol. That was me just using photoshop as a example. We already have wetness indicators that go from yellow to blueish/greenish. You are not changing the color of the wetness indicator. You are changing the color of the text to blend in with it.

kratox said:
You misunderstood me.
That was a example wetness indicators don't go through like 5 different colors lol. That was me just using photoshop as a example. We already have wetness indicators that go from yellow to blueish/greenish. You are not changing the color of the wetness indicator. You are changing the color of the text to blend in with it.

It's not that it changes through multiple colors. That would be friggin awesome though if that were a thing lol. But the colors of wetness indicators, starting off yellow and turning to blue or greenish are probably those colors out of necessity, not necessarily by choice and having just those colors makes them hard to work with since it's such a limited color palette. And I don't think it's like a company could say "we want our wetness indicators to be red and turn purple". They have to design and develop that wetness indicator first which I don't think would necessarily be that easy or cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back